Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Fiesta Econetic Remapping

Daf

Hello all

Im wondering if anyone here has had a remap on there Fiesta Eco yet? if so, what do you think and is it worth the £400, i must add my car is doing around 60-65 mpg and only done 5700 miles, i havent had the first service either as its due in August.

Daf

Hi may cost more in the long run insurance no cover if you do not tell them plus will ford still cover it if you have a problem?

Hello all

Im wondering if anyone here has had a remap on there Fiesta Eco yet? if so, what do you think and is it worth the £400, i must add my car is doing around 60-65 mpg and only done 5700 miles, i havent had the first service either as its due in August.

Daf

Hi Steve, so what are your reasons for wanting to remap your 1 yr old car, the MPG your getting sounds about right!

Hi Steve, so what are your reasons for wanting to remap your 1 yr old car, the MPG your getting sounds about right!

Hello Graham, the car seems to have a "flat spot" and the accelerator seems to run on after you take your foot off, the car isnt a year old its actually 8 months old, the MPG i quoted was when i unfilled filled from the last time i filled up, i did another "fuel test" and getting only a mere 57, Fords say 76 and its just lies really, i drive by the light coming on and change gear i also go by the instant mpg too and i cant get it nowhere near what Fords boffins say, total lies if you ask me, hence why i was asking about the remap, I do equal urban and steady runs.

The new Ford Eco 2012 says it does 86mpg, i take it thats another lie too :huh:

Take a look at What Car's True MPG website:

http://www.whatcar.c...mpg/my-true-mpg

This gives a more realistic idea of what your MPG should be.

For the most economical settings it still only gives a figure of 64.4 mpg for a TDCi Econetic so what you are getting is just about right.

Thanks thats a good indication and i got 59.1 on that test, so basically i was lied to by Fords when i was told 76 mpg? these idiots should be telling the people who buy there cars the truth that your not going to get 76 mpg but less than 60 mpg and yes, i am very !Removed! off that i was lied to, i dont do it and dont expect to be told by a big corporation "FORDS" either, i spent a lot of my cash only to be told im wont ever achieve the magical 76, we who buy there cars keep them in business, if we all walked then goodbye Fords....

That just sums it up for me, peoople cross me once and i never go back.. :angry:

So, would a remap be in order to help het the elusive 76, i still have 2+ years warranty, has anyone here had one done or know of someone?

Thanks for your replies

Manufacturer's mpg figures are acheived under laboratory conditions to conform to strict EU testing in order to provide consistent results. Unfortunately this does not give a true comparison to 'real world' driving results.

Read these:

http://www.mirror.co...row-what-808196

http://cars.uk.msn.c...truth-about-mpg

http://www.honestjoh...est-on-the-way/

So you should never expect to get the given mpg figures in the 'real world'. This sucks :angry: , but it is more or less the same for all manufacturers, not just Ford.

Your current mpg looks about right. I am currently on around 54 mpg for a 90ps Zetec S TDCi & I am happy with this for my daily driving.

Out of interest, what does your average mph show when you toggle the display? Mine currently shows 25mph.

Hello, it reads 25, i will add, i bought this as a ford direct, it was a 6 months old with 5k on the clock and is now 5912k so i have only done nearly a 1000miles and going by what the dearler driver has driven by, As its a diesel to its still a tight engine and dieseks arnt fully losened until 80k so im hoping that the more miles i do the better it will be, i will look more at remapping it and decide later as i dont want to invalidate the warranty as i still have 2 1/2 years left, thanks for all your efforts, shame that the fuel figurs are not an average and given as that, very misleading indeed!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club