Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitted Recaros Need A Bit Of Help Please

STEADS

+1 above!

They look fantastic! Will have to keep an eye out now!

Just out of curiosity, what year is your car and what year was the car they were out of?

p.s - I'd also be interested to know if you've fitted them to your Titanium and if you're looking at making the heater pads work?

1. these are out of a 2 door model fitted into a 4 dor no difference in fitment they came out of st3 not sure what year comfort wise you will not be dissapointed fit like a glove i,d say the back rest is slightly narrower than my origionals out of the titanium but that just might be me because of the side supports i will be looking at getting the heater pads to work just missed a sset of switches the other day but will get some will keep you all posted on how i get on got a few projects lined up just got a zetec s bumper for it got the front grill so just need the skirts and front lip oh and a decent spray job on the bits an bobs get my st alloys refurbed its all money but be worth it in the end .

Hi,

I'm leaving the outside of my Titanium alone (for now). I've done a few mods on the inside and upgraded my head unit to the DAB version.

I think I'll have a sit in an ST3 with the leather recaro's before I buy a set as I'm fairly wide (6'7 18.5 stone)

I'll be looking in to fitting the heater switches and hope I have the correct loom ;)

Stu

• Right update found reason for airbag light on airbag has previously deployed can see where seat has been restitched now i have a spare airbag am assuming there is not one in the seat getting the seat apart not a great problem but has anyone removed the cover on these or normal cloth seats before any advice welcome.

Can't help you with stitching mate but am glad you've found the problem now at least and will be able to set about getting it fixed!

To Stu up above, as far as I'm aware the Titanium has the same loom as the ST so the wiring for the seats should be there. I've had a look in mine and it's all there taped up behind the button panel so it's very tempting! In my old Mondeo it was plug an play also, just needed the switch and a relay in the glove compartment fusebox, massive upgrade for such little effort!

To Stu up above, as far as I'm aware the Titanium has the same loom as the ST so the wiring for the seats should be there. I've had a look in mine and it's all there taped up behind the button panel so it's very tempting! In my old Mondeo it was plug an play also, just needed the switch and a relay in the glove compartment fusebox, massive upgrade for such little effort!

Thanks - I'm on the lookout for the right seats and hopefully should get something sorted soon. I really like my Focus and can't see a reason to change - it's gets good MPG on my daily commute and so far hasn't cost me too much. I am considering getting it remapped at some point to smooth out the 1.8TDCi ;)

I'll double check my loom this weekend just to be sure.

Thanks

Stu

stu will be having a look over the weekend at this will see if wiring is there for heated seats to get the new air bag in all i have to do is get the back rest cover up about 3/4 of the way up how easy this will be i dont know doesnt look like anyone on here has done it before i know the airbag is only held in with ten millys five min job once i,ve got the cover up or removed should be fun (not) will keep you all posted to how easy it is or not .

Hey Steads,

Good look with your repairs - if you have time take a couple of pictures? Between us all we should be able to put together a comprehensive guide in adding Recaro's to Titaniums ;)

Stu

Replaced airbag took about an hour not a hard job just a bit fiddly getting the back rest cover up and then down and stretching the bottom to clip in my theory was right airbag had deployed light still on but i,ll get my mate to reset it more than likely cos i,ve driven the car for a week or two with it on now thinks its a hard fault .

Light out problem now solved replaced the seat belt tensioner as well light went straight out good job i,ve got spares could of been a bit expensive .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club