Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Leak Ontop Of Engine

Scottalmighty24

Heya all

I own a 2005 ford focus mk2 1.6 tdci and have an oil leak on the top of my engine around the
injectors which is leaking down the right side of my engine making a
mess. I took some pictures hoping someone
would recognise this problem and if it an easy fix? I've attached a few
pictures hoping it would make it easier to explain. I've already checked
the breather pipe and that seems to be all ok and oil is going down slowly but i do drive 64 miles a day to work, so looking for some ideas where this leak could be coming from. Also when i took my car to the garage they said it was 100% an oil leak and said it could be the Camshaft Gasket so i had that replaced but with no luck started leaking again....

I high lighted the main area its leaking in red and also when i tried to see where the leak could be coming from i thought i saw a bit coming from the area high lighted in yellow but i could be wrong but not sure what this is called so i can research into it abit more.

Cheers Scott

post-41218-0-27195200-1365789165_thumb.j

post-41218-0-80669900-1365789546_thumb.j

I'd say you just need some new gasgets , cheap to replace , just make sure if replacing yourself get the correct torque

I would be more inclined to think leaking injector i.e diesel not oil, probably injector #3 (most common) or #4.

Get some brake/carb cleaner and soak the area. Then clean up using old rags/kitchen towl. Then spray area with washing up liquid/water mix. Start engine and see if you see any bubbles. Get someone to give it a few revs and check for bubbles.

Hi and thanks for the replys, i cleaned the engine off today just to make sure that all the oil was gone and watched too see where the oil/diesel was coming from and i noticed that it was coming from the bolt area holding the injectors in place on injectors 2 and 3. And how can you tell if its diesel or oil as its black as oil and the garage said it was oil aswell but could they be wrong and the bolts holding the injectors down is there washers in them aswell?

The injector seal is just a copper washer on the end of the injector. I replaced one that was leaking on my car a couple of weeks ago. It was injector 4, which meant I could ease the injector out with a flat blade screw driver. I then used a large cable tie to hook the washer from the bottom of the well.

Apparently injectors can be real gits to get out, due to the tar produced by the leaking diesel. I must have been lucky. If you think it is an injector I would suggest removing the rocker cover first, 5 minute job, to let you get into the injector. You will need to know what size copper washer to get. I would suggest it's the same as mine, and if you check out my "whoosh, pop loss of power" post, I recorded the washer size. The most important part is to torque the retaining bolts down correctly.

Some pics of my leaking injector. Cleaned up nice though, JUST DON'T TOUCH THE INJECTOR TIP, don't be tempted to try and clean the tip. Did I mention, leave the tip alone.

post-26903-0-26122900-1365957974_thumb.j

post-26903-0-60988000-1365958025_thumb.j

post-26903-0-55139900-1365958067_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club