Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

Gearbox could also be a problem.

The 140PS map is already exceeding the box torque limits. (170Nm).

That's why the 125PS is capped at 170Nm

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

Gearbox could also be a problem.

The 140PS map is already exceeding the box torque limits. (170Nm).

That's why the 125PS is capped at 170Nm

And overboosted to 200Nm 😆

Ahh decisions... The car is on the lease and I'll still have it for next 2.5 years so I'm slightly worried about that. If I went for a Mountune MR165 that wouldn't be a problem for lease/warranty though right?

MR165 will void the warranty on the engine and other drivetrain components.

I would expect the leasing company will want to know about mods and may refuse you to do it, as it is their car, not yours.

Actually sorry, lease is probably a bad word, it's PCP so basically finance with a final payable sum on end. I keep using the terms interchangeably for some reason

I think with Ford's PCP you have to return it back to standard or anything added becomes property of Ford.

Worth checking your T & Cs.

Main issue will be warranty though.

Ah okay I see. So basically I loose out on the investment unless I decide to buy the car back.

I'll give them a call and check the T&C when I'm home.

Always though Mountune was Ford Warranty friendly but I'll find out about that too

Only Mountune MPxxx packages are warranty friendly. Plus some of their bolt on stuff (exhausts etc.)

9 minutes ago, kalnor said:

Ah okay I see. So basically I loose out on the investment unless I decide to buy the car back.

I'll give them a call and check the T&C when I'm home.

Always though Mountune was Ford Warranty friendly but I'll find out about that too

im the same as yo mate PCP. So tricky to decide if you want to risk it or not. 

If warranty is really important then a remap isnt for you.

I've been running Mountunes MR165 on my fiesta from new and covered 25k without issue. The car goes into Ford for warranty work and services without any issues. I'm upfront about my mods with Ford.

My car is also on a pcp and have decided to keep the car. If I were to trade it I'd probably put all the stock parts back on.

Wouldn't it save an awful lot of trouble if you just bought a more powerful car in the first place?

Just now, Paramanic said:

@alexp999 
125ps is 200nm 
140ps is 210nm ?

Only on overboost.

ahh riht a get ye now hmmm a thought that was without over boost as they a rent allowed to display over boost as its only temporary 
ps got told this from a ford engineer 

just messaged ma mate Lewis (some people know him from FB groups) 
he is Fords (dagenam or however you spell it)  Powertain Manufacturing Engineering and research too he will get back to me :) 

You can see on the getrag website, the box has a design limit of 170Nm, so Ford are already choosing to push that with the base torque output of the 140PS at 180Nm, and obviously both 125PS and 140PS exceed this on overboost.

That is my main concern with mapping the 1.0 with the 5 speed box, is that it is already pushing the design limits. Obviously they build in tolerances, but it is an old design not designed for these modern engines.

That's also why the stock map imposes torque limits in certain gears to protect the box.

So it's not that the engine can't produce more power, I'd just be more conscious of putting that extra power through the gearbox.

I imagine on the next gen Fiesta, they'll fit it with the B6 box as used in the Focus, which is rated up to 250Nm iirc, so it won't be an issue.

hmm i actually know a few people with maps over 175bhp and reduced it down to 170bhp because after 175bhp-180bhp the gear box goes a dont know what torque it uses but its ALOT! but know people driving stage 2 at 170-175bhp done over 80k on one car others 30-50k and all good still 
after 175-180bhp you need the ST driveshafts and the 6speed 1.0 gear box from the Focus 

21 hours ago, Bobr said:

Wouldn't it save an awful lot of trouble if you just bought a more powerful car in the first place?

It would be but at the time I got the car, my insurance for an ST would've been 5k more than the Red Edition. Otherwise I would've gotten the ST.

21 hours ago, Willy said:

If warranty is really important then a remap isnt for you.

I've been running Mountunes MR165 on my fiesta from new and covered 25k without issue. The car goes into Ford for warranty work and services without any issues. I'm upfront about my mods with Ford.

My car is also on a pcp and have decided to keep the car. If I were to trade it I'd probably put all the stock parts back on.

Sounds good, take it it depends on the dealer if they're okay with you putting in the Mountune pack on it?

I'll probably end up taking the car at the end of the PCP too so quite tempted to go for it

Lewis got back to me 
Untitled.png

• Like 2

It's 170 all the time with 200 on overboost for the 125.

Or 180 all the time with 210 overboost for the 140.

Says so in Ford's literature for the Fiesta :)

• Like 2

saying that would make sense due to me running 154bhp and my power is always there hmmmmm interesting :P 

• Like 1

Only the 125 / 140 / 182ps (ST) have overboost to increase torque 😆

Screenshot_2016-07-20-17-25-19.png

7 hours ago, alexp999 said:

You can see on the getrag website, the box has a design limit of 170Nm, so Ford are already choosing to push that with the base torque output of the 140PS at 180Nm, and obviously both 125PS and 140PS exceed this on overboost.

That is my main concern with mapping the 1.0 with the 5 speed box, is that it is already pushing the design limits. Obviously they build in tolerances, but it is an old design not designed for these modern engines.

That's also why the stock map imposes torque limits in certain gears to protect the box.

So it's not that the engine can't produce more power, I'd just be more conscious of putting that extra power through the gearbox.

I imagine on the next gen Fiesta, they'll fit it with the B6 box as used in the Focus, which is rated up to 250Nm iirc, so it won't be an issue.

That makes an interesting read afew weeks before Inwas going to pull the trigger on the Superchips Bluefin for my 125

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club