Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

When Was The First Driving Lesson?

eliaskok

Only 2 minors though!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

You passed even though you ran over two children? :blink:

The required standard is certainly slipping!

• Like 1

Mine was 1986 in a Peugot 205 , think about 9 lessons , but before that i drove dump trucks and tractors on my provisional for a landscaping firm.

Day after i passed my test , my boss sent me to wales by myself in an Astra van , in heavy traffic , i was crapping myself all the way there and back haha. But it was a good learning curve to be thrown out there.

Never had a major smash and never had a single point on my licence. :)

First time, having a dad who was a driving instructor made it kind of compulsory though!

• Like 1

First lesson at the age of 12 around some shipping container park in Essex in my uncles Vauxhall Viva. He showed me how to drive. Then got me to stop and pick some other bloke up and sat in the back of the car talking some security deal while I was kangarooing the thing up and down the cargo yard. That would have been around 1974.

Passed my test in 1979 first time when I was 17. Also passed both parts of my bike test first time a few years later. Driving lessons only cost £4 in 1979.

• Like 1

Mine was in 1992 just after my 17th birthday in March and the car was a bright yellow Nissan Micra! For some reason I couldn't get on with the gears (something to do with the instructor shouting at me if I made a mistake I think!) so I changed to an automatic Nissan Micra and passed my test in December that year. I didn't get a car for about 5 years after that though.

I later decided I needed to learn in a manual and passed my test first time in a diesel Peugeot 30-something in November 1999. The examiner actually said that if everyone drove as well as me his job would be a lot easier!

1978: Passed first time by the chief examiner with one minor; I couldn't remember the left turn hand signal.

I passed my test 4th time round...I don't like prime numbers!! (That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!!)

1st time: serious fault for "obstructing the flow of traffic". I turned a corner to find a car in the middle of the road with the boot lid open. The driver got in, so I figured he was moving into the space just ahead of him (no room to pass otherwise). He didn't. As the examiner said he didn't think we were going to get through any time soon, I'd best reverse back out - 2 cars came round the corner. My instructor (certified examiner too) had been sat in the back wasn't happy with his assessment as it wasn't my fault the git was in the road. 30 seconds earlier and I would have been oit of there. 30 seconds later, the other cars would have been there and the exminer would probably have told me to take next left instead.

2nd time: 1 dangerous, 1 serious, nerves got the better of me. Dangerous was on a roundabout, missed a car coming round - examiner sort of said oh bother and go quick. I then cocked up a bay park and nearly twatted another car. Seeing as I didn't hit it and I'd already failed - he marked it as a serious lol. He was actually a nice bloke

3rd time: 1 & a half serious. (Same examiner as 1st time). I was asked to continue straight on through a set of lights, which necessitated moving to the right hand lane. Traffic was incredibly heavy and I eventually got let in. He didn't mark anything on his sheet at this point. On the home stretch, he told me I did an un-authorised emergency stop (I slowed down to let a truck through a gap). Apparently he KNEW the truck was going to pull out on me and so should I. As such I should have slowed down earlier. He then wrote down the 1st incident as a serious...turns out for one serious, they have to write a report...

4th time: 1 minor. Same examiner as 1 and 3...plus an independent standards assessor. Turns out there was an examiner who was deemed to be overzealous in bis assessments...guess who that was?! This time, the miserable git was cheery amd chatty. When he told me I'd passed, I made a quip about failing 3 times - twice with him. I actually thought the minor was going to be clipping a kerb as I moved over to let an ambulance through. Turns out he was too focused on where the siren was to notice lol

I got the minor for innapropriate speed and gearing going round a bend

TL; DR? 1 arsey examiner and nerves!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

4 times? I'd say you would be more qualified then?

Sent from my HUAWEI P2 using Ford OC mobile app

2012, fiesta mk5 in that emerald greeny colour I think it might have been a zetec s, went quite well, in fact it went that well in my first test that I nearly missed the dual carriageway exit and had to fully commit to overtake a lorry, the tester didn't share my views on commitment to an overtake and that was about that, the second test was a pass although I got instructor a bang on the head in the emergency stop, he kind of smashed his head in on the windscreen frame and laughed a bit, must have made his eyes water. Haha

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club