Do Not Sell My Personal Information

17" Rs Black Alloys

KatieLouise

From another thread:

When you specify 17 in wheels on an order the factory fit steering rack limiters to stop the wheels from fouling the wheel arches on full lock.How it fits I do not know but it costs about £8 from Fords.

I hope that's not a problem for you Katie, have you used full lock yet with the new wheels on?

I don't understand that quote or I'm reading it the wrong way -_-

It seems to be fine when put it on full lock :)

Basically what he's saying is, if the car came with 17" wheels they would have adjusted the steering at the factory so the tyres don't catch on the wheel arches. But if you say it's fine I wouldn't worry about it, you'd soon know if the wheel was rubbing on something.

Ahh I'm with u, well when I bought the car I did ask if could purchase different alloys from them and they said yes and they was 18" but I was looking at just for the alloys £800 so I purchased my own.. so I gather if they was happy to fit bigger ones should be ok :)

Ordered some overalls today too! Exciting :-D

Just to keep me clean when sorting stuff out on car haha ;) but no seriously was meant to say gel overlays!

• Like 1

I've got the 7.5 zetec s in black and ordered the gel overlays for the front and back in black with red writing (as well as s badges) and ordered 2 one for front and back. Turned out you get 2 in a pack so I emailed DMB and said could i swap the 2nd pack for either wheel cap covers or a badge for the steering wheel. They were awesome and change the order to give me everything I wanted.

Anyway I get loads of people commenting on the badges thinking the car comes that way saying how much they like them! Definately a good shout.

Car looks sweet with the wraps and the new wheels!

• Like 1

I was thinking black and red overlays but then that would mean interpreting red somewhere else on the car and not sure where I could do that..so I ordered black and white ones, go nicely with the car :-)

Never seen this eye fly kit.you speak of how do you do it

It looks mint

Sent from my C6603 using Ford OC mobile app

Never seen this eye fly kit.you speak of how do you do it

It looks mint

Its a film with tiny holes in that you 'wrap' onto your headlights

Works well and looks pretty decent

Downside is light output is reduced even thou still mot legal

Sweet any ideas how much it costs and where to get it from??

Plus rear light tint

I got some very cheap of eBay all depends how much of the stuff u want,regarding the price!

post-52055-139487982383_thumb.jpg

Is it easy to fit??

Well I had a little stress with mine and couldn't do it due to the shape of the light, so I threw a paddy and give in! Haha but I have no patience -_-

Rack limiter was because at full compression of the suspension with 3/4 lock on there'd be a chance of rubbing with 205 tyres, but I believe this was addressed for the 7.5 facelift.

I got some very cheap of eBay all depends how much of the stuff u want,regarding the price!

Hi. just my two cents.. Dont get these type of "LIKE" fly eye tint. they are very hard to apply(difficult to stretch and breaks easily).. get the original ones. a few quid(£3-4) difference.. Goodluck

Looks great :)

Just the wing mirrors and lights left to do?

Yes, he was going to do wings but didn't have time.. And need to get lights just don't understand all the ones I need, unfamiliar with this area as never really changed lights.. so anyone who could give me a full list&links of lights I need would be a ⭐

Morning All You Ford Lovers :)

So I was considering getting some new alloys for my Ford fiesta zetec as I'm not 100% keen on the standard 15", I figured out the ones I liked and wanted will fit and would most probably look great! However I have just realised I purchased the alloy and tyre cover when I bought the car (Additional £199) which would make this whole package void if I changed the alloys right!? Just wanted your opinions whether I should purchase the new alloys or not!?

Present alloys vs (potential) New Alloys...

Thanks, Katie :)

I have the same 15" on mine.. not to keen either! :)

Here they are standard on the Titanium.

The original Ford 16" i had a look at are around £1100, so i might just wait a bit, or get some used :D

New ones you got looks sweet ;)

Is that all of them? Thank you :) appreciate it!

Easy to fit are they?

Is that all of them? Thank you :) appreciate it!

Easy to fit are they?

yep that's all that's available at present i believe

Headlight has to come out to do dipped beam, sidelights and indicators

footwells,glovebox and boot are simple old out new in

numberplate is simple enough also

• Like 1

That looks good How you tint your lights?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club