Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Range - Red & Black Editions

D13 HPD 95

It definitely seems that way and it really has bugged me. I'll be giving them a phone call tomorrow as I've said and after all of this my girlfriend who has everything sorted out to get a new ford ka with them will be going somewhere else. That if anything should get them going!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

It gets a decent review in top gear magazine.. Starting to count the weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

What issue of Top Gear is it? I have a Red Edition on order and I am sad enough to buy a back issue to have a wee read at it!

If it's not the current issue, it'll be in the previous one..

If it's not the current issue, it'll be in the previous one..

It's this month. Just popped into a news agent's at lunch and there's a little bit on the front cover about "Small Wonders".

Drove it once, and now it is booked...I am waiting for the Black version... the pics really make you believe it is not that pretty but from up close... :wub: . Steering is stiffer than the normal ZS. Springs and suspension too. Shorter gear ratios, larger intercooler, different head gasket and flywheel as well as new pistons different ignition timing and refined the Ti-VCT. On top of all these is a remap to fit it all and there you have your 140 SAFE hp...

As for those saying the 9sec is too slow whereas the mp135 reaches 60mph at 8.5sec, it's the short gear ratios to blame for this, because you have to change to 3rd to reach 60, whereas on the ZS you don't. Actually it might end up on the driver's skill to make it faster ;) On the rolling start the figures are much better

Who told you about the hardware changes? The salesman? I think there's some confusion at what they have changed. This ford article says:

http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages/New%20140%20PS%20Ford%20Fiesta%201-0-Litre%20EcoBoost%20is%20Most%20Powerful%201-0-Litre%20Volume%20Production%20Road%20Car%20Ever.aspx

"It’s a testament to the advanced design of the 1.0-litre EcoBoost that we were able to tune the engine for 140 PS with the only hardware change required being an uprated cylinder-head gasket for increased pressures,” said Andrew Fraser, manager, Gasoline Calibration, Ford of Europe.

The article also says:

New calibration for turbocharger boost control, Ti-VCT, intercooler, throttle management and ignition timing have increased power output from 125 PS to 140 PS

It is just a remap. But ford have updated the head gasket as the normal one probably wouldn't pass fords extreme quality assurance testing. Or just to reassure customers. Either way, i highly doubt that have changed the flywheel and pistons. Why would they go to all that effort to modify a production engine for a car that isn't going to sell all that well when compared to the rest of the models. Seems like salesman bullshit to stop people avoiding it as it might go "bang".

Unless the article is wrong and they have done what you have been told. We'd have to see part numbers though. Any ford mechanics shed light on the situation?

I was looking on Instagram the other day and some gimp was showing off his Red edition telling all his little mates it was twin turbocharged :rolleyes:

Who told you about the hardware changes? The salesman? I think there's some confusion at what they have changed. This ford article says:

http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages/New%20140%20PS%20Ford%20Fiesta%201-0-Litre%20EcoBoost%20is%20Most%20Powerful%201-0-Litre%20Volume%20Production%20Road%20Car%20Ever.aspx

The article also says:

It is just a remap. But ford have updated the head gasket as the normal one probably wouldn't pass fords extreme quality assurance testing. Or just to reassure customers. Either way, i highly doubt that have changed the flywheel and pistons. Why would they go to all that effort to modify a production engine for a car that isn't going to sell all that well when compared to the rest of the models. Seems like salesman bullshit to stop people avoiding it as it might go "bang".

Unless the article is wrong and they have done what you have been told. We'd have to see part numbers though. Any ford mechanics shed light on the situation?

The article you posted, that's where i found out about it... but my english ain't that good i guess... maybe i got a part of the article wrong...

Yeaqh i didn't mean to sound like i was calling you out or anything. The info on what they have changed isn't exactly well known! I'd like to hear for definite.

Our Red and Black Editions

post-48438-141484323175_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Our Red and Black Editions

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1414843231.303302.jpg

I'm sure you can get better photos than that!

Did either come with the chrome scuff plates?

We only got the Red one last night and my daughters off out in it! If I get a chance in daylight I'll snap some more. No chrome kickplates on either, my daughter had auto lights and auto wipers, and I chose reverse sensors and tyre pressure monitor.

Shameful! The father should not be the one with the need for parking sensors! :)

Very nice! Did you get a group discount? I don't get mine for another 7 weeks!

My wife's grey 1.6 "Metal" will be part ex'd soon, she's opting for a 1.0 ZSE in Mustard yellow.

I got 2 sons in law that are part of the Sales team. One is the finance Manager and the other Top Salesman so far this year. That's 4 Fiestas here now. The Ecoboost engine really is amazing and even better in 140 guise.

The Ecoboost engine really is amazing and even better in 140 guise

I'd love to drive one and see what it's like. Might go and test drive one, but I'd just have to make sure they don't see I have an ST or they'd be a bit confused.

Aaaah the ST

I drove one same day I drove my Black. The ST is undoubtedly quicker, firmer & noisier. It's aimed at a different buyer of course. I liked the ST leather interior I will say.

But for me the Black is a balance, cheaper in every way, milder but not a wimp, "different" looking to the ZSE and the ST in subtly obvious ways.

But totally different cars.

Yes you're right, the ZS and Red/Black are more about giving you an enjoyable drive without compromising on running costs or comfort. But for me the ST is a perfect balance between performance and cost/comfort, when you compare it to real performance cars. To each his own though :)

Completely agree, very good marketing strategy by Ford. The current Fiesta range has a model for most in society that are interested in the sector.

Just a quick question for anyone who has a fiesta 2014 especially the black edition... When you lock your car does your petrol cap stay open or lock shut as I've just recently found out mine doesn't lock?

Just a quick question for anyone who has a fiesta 2014 especially the black edition... When you lock your car does your petrol cap stay open or lock shut as I've just recently found out mine doesn't lock?

It doesn't lock, that's just how it was designed. Ford have made it impossible for anyone to siphon fuel from there, and they couldn't even pour anything in it unless they have the special funnel that comes with the car.

• 3 weeks later...

In Autocar this week, there's a review of "Britain's Top 50 Cars".. the Red Edition comes in at... Number 5. A fine effort, and very much looking forward to getting hold of one.

Very good car, great fun, still enjoying mine!

Nice! I got an email today, mines has been registered now so I've got a few more things to sign(it's a lease). Still 3 and a half weeks to go!!

Still, I can't get my head around it being 9s to 60mph. Heavier, less powerful cars can match that. Are the gears that long?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club