Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Blanking Plate

Andy.B1971

Hi guys, I've got a 2.0L TDCI, mk 2.5 focus. It runs like a bag of beans at low revs, sometime it will only run at about 1200 revs, the only way to get it going is to drop the clutch to get the revs up, also I've just had the car tectra clean at a cost for this engine at £108.00. Was told it did get rid of a lot of muck in the engine, but it not made any different a to the running, so not sure what to do now, I have brought a egr blanking plate, so I might try that this weekend, it's booked in with Fords next week to see if there is any fault codes showing, just hopping it's not the turbo, any body got any ideas, thanks Brian.

• Like 1

I just done mine and it was no easy job. The EGR is right at the back of the engine, the bolts are facing down and there's no room to work in. I had to take of the left turbo intercooler pipe off which was hard as the pipe clips were all facing down, after taking the pipe off it was time to undo the bolts which u need a 10mm short socket but all mine are deep/long sockets. It took a lot of awkward force to undo the bolts which came off after 40mins. Anyways all done now and only took 2 & 1/2 hours to do

Hi guys, I've got a 2.0L TDCI, mk 2.5 focus. It runs like a bag of beans at low revs, sometime it will only run at about 1200 revs, the only way to get it going is to drop the clutch to get the revs up, also I've just had the car tectra clean at a cost for this engine at £108.00. Was told it did get rid of a lot of muck in the engine, but it not made any different a to the running, so not sure what to do now, I have brought a egr blanking plate, so I might try that this weekend, it's booked in with Fords next week to see if there is any fault codes showing, just hopping it's not the turbo, any body got any ideas, thanks Brian.

Brian try this to get a list of the fault codes:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/1486-focus-dashboard-secret-trick/

You can also ask people round here what they mean if you do have any. Might be the best bet before you ask Ford to charge you for the pleasure of looking them up...

Pretty sure its at the front mate you're turbo and exhaust are at the rear,

The two point ow is supposed to be easiest model to blank egr.

Pretty sure your going to be blanking two pipe flanges instead of at the valve itself.

Hi, Lenny.

I don't suppose there is any photos out there of it is there? It would be nice to see what it is located before starting. Is there a preferred side to fit the plate on? Or will it only fit in one place on the valve?

I've fitted 1 to my mk2.5 with no problems but when I did to a mates mk2 it keeps throwing up a fault code I've cleared it but it just comes back anything I can do to stop it ?

Cheers ste

Hi Ian, thanks for the link, did look at the this some weeks ago but it does not show any DTC codes at all, been looking at the Haynes manual & spoke to a ford engineer who believes it could be the injectors at fault, does any body know where the throttle control on the engine is, have replaced the throttle position sensor pedal, but wonder if it may be the other end that at fault, thanks all, Brian

Morning all

can somebody point me in the right direction for a EGR blanking plate for my Focus CC3 on a 57 plate please.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Morning i thought these were only built in 2.0 petrol

Is yours a 2.0TDCi ?

yes it is sorry forgot to put engine in post....

• Like 1

WOW Lenny this thread really is food for thought isn't it , got my modified cable now just gotta find time to play thanks for the link....

Time for a revisit to controversial subject for people on a tight budget :wacko: :wacko: :blink: :blink:

• Like 1

I've fitted 1 to my mk2.5 with no problems but when I did to a mates mk2 it keeps throwing up a fault code I've cleared it but it just comes back anything I can do to stop it ?

Cheers ste

I've heard if you keep resetting it, or just leave it, that it can occasionally grow used to, or bored of staying on.. :lol:

• Like 1

Lenny the blank you link to does not appear to come with gaskets does it not need them ? yet the same seller sells the same blank with two gaskets for a little more ....

mine is a Version: Series 40

Engine: 2.0L Duratorq-TDCi (136PS) - DW10 Euro IV

Thanks

Thanks for the advice on cleaning the intercooler guys serviced the car and cleaned out all the pipes and the intercooler made the world of difference even tho doing it was a pain in the !Removed! due to the oil filter being locked on tight had to crush it to get it off but worth it next upgrade exhaust can anyone recommend a better exhaust for my focus??

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi all.

A couple of photos of the EGR on the 2.0 TDCi. I've seen it said that some are on the front of the engine. But mine is on the back (and in a pig of a place)

A word of warning though!! The metal on the bolts is quite soft. I've just ripped the head off of mine! Half of it is still left behind. I think I have enough material to

screw a new one and pack out the excess up to the bolt head with washers. If not. Problem.

It will probably be best to get a gasket if there isn't one and use that to form a good seal with less force on the bolts.

Anyone any ideas where to get a new couple of bolts from? Preferably a stronger metal. It's a size 8 head I think.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/Kyebromley/20140909_181317_zps581d3fd1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/Kyebromley/20140909_181336_zps90c56afb.jpg

Do you have a size and length if you used a 10mm socket could be an m6 thread Have loads at work if you can get length and thread size I could post you some ....we use high tensile plated ones ....

You say size 8 ??? Don't understand that did you use 8 mm socket that would be probably an m5 thread but that seems a bit small

Regards Neil

It's a 10mm head on it. I'll have to gingerly take the second one out to measure it tomorrow.

My main concern is the bit still trapped inside the body of the EGR valve. The flange on the pipe is fine. I can feel it wiggle under my finger but I can't get to it well enough to be able to

try and remove it with pliers. Balls!....

I'll let you know what I find tomorrow. Only had the car a few days and I've stuffed it already. If I can't get the left over bit out, I'll have to take it in to get it removed. Sigh...

I know it's a pain but to give you more access you can take the scuttle panel off above but you need to remove wiper arms etc ....has the screw sheared off below the surface or above ie a stub showing .... You could screw 2 nuts on the stub against each other to lock them then screw out using spanner or socket

Yea I was thinking that would be the case. Is it simple to remove it?

I don't know yet. I'm hoping that there will be some excess from the top. Knowing my luck though, it will be flush with the top of the EGR body.

I'll take the other bolt out tomorrow and move the pipe out of the way when I have the day light. I knew I should have left the !Removed! thing alone. It wasn't leaking before when I fitted the plate, now it is a bit.

Looking at the bolt charts at work, it looks like it is an M6 thread. I guesstimate the length from the bottom side of the head down to the end to be about 2 cm. I will confirm later though.

If the bolt head has sheared off wouldn't it be easier to drill it out and re tap it to another size or put a bolt through it and use a nut to tighten it not the best option i will say but cheap option

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I have a feeling that it will need drilling out. I've not taken the pipe off yet, but I suspect the bolt has sheared with the other part of it left flush with the EGR body.

I need to wait for the weekend now so that I have the time and day light to left the engine cool down and have a good look at it.

Kye Go careful if it's a blind hole in the valve body

..if you can get access another trick is to use a centre punch at an angle on the sheared stud and tap it gently anticlock wise to see if the stud will move if you want I will post you a selection of m6 bolts. ...pm me your address. ...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club