Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Blanking Plate

Andy.B1971

:lol: no the south side of Ireland mate them shower in the Republic 120kmh on motorway

Yikes, sorry, I've no idea where I got NI from. Probably having had to work with a madman from Derry got NI imprinted in my brain!

Great bloke, funny as hell, but also completely nuts...

Anyone recommend a Re mapper that's good in the surrey area ? :D :driving:

• Like 1

Anyone recommend a Re mapper that's good in the surrey area ? :D :driving:

For optimum response on this one mate id start a thread on its own with the same question in the title more people will view it rather than hidden in an EGR threadwhere those whom have aalready blanked or remapped may not even bother looking,

Just my opinion tryin)to get you best results.

As per usual you are spot on Lenny :iim::driving:

• Like 1

Biggest issue I've noticed with doing this? You get used to the improvment after a while an think something is wrong :) i have a feeling I need to prepare for more of this, i just changed gearbox oil and 3-5 are massively better but 1-2 now stands out being clunky as f...

• Like 1

well it makes sense, an I like the logic, fix 1-2 gear change problem by pushing forward dpf removal / remap! :D

• Like 1

after remap and dpf removal,

1st gear becomes a bit of a chore and not used for very much duration,

Almost but never would :lol: start off in 2nd gear all the time.

Overall though i dont floor it until 3rd gear and upwards because the increase in torque going flat out in 1st and 2nd could put strain on the cogs i reckon but no facts to back that up just my theory im putting out there y'all.

Agreed, the (Mondeo 2.2) ST-TDCI is restricted in 1st and 2nd to protect the trans/ DMF, the gearbox (on any car) acts as a "torque multiplier" so more torque is "seen" at the wheels in the lower gears than in the higher gears

Often modifications that increase power/ torque have to be coupled with more modifications that strengthen the car (like stronger clutches, transmission etc) like an SMF, heavy-duty clutch (carbon/ kevlar, etc) - ic can become expensive

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thats the dpf out and remapped, My god the difference! Your right with first being almost redundant.

• Like 1

Well I do need new tyres on the front before winter so in away, its only right I should get full use out of them just now

Engine a lot quieter as well.

• Like 1

If you don't mind what remap did you have and the cost ? :innocent:

£450 for the DPF and remap, with the egr and air filter already taken care of he said it was at about 140

• Like 1

sounds good to me good on ya, few bills to pay but once sorted I will do the same...

• Like 2

Aye its all good cept the garage nackard the pre cat temp sensor an covered the car and the engine bay in crap. I was starting to think it was loosing some of its umph today though, checked over the air flow sensors and torque etc and it was all the same but still felt a little down so I took it to a wee steep hill I know, previously I'd get to the crest at 65mph from a standing start, booted it, hit 75, hit the crest and the traction control kicked in as I flew over it, probably the closest ill get to having it airborne! :D guess im just getting used to it going so well, good advice mate, thanks, best thing iv done so far!

• Like 2

Lol you giving me more reasons to do stuff?! Yeah ill not be doing that again , it didn't leave the deck but offloaded the front wheels enough to spin them up, it didn't feel like my shocks bottomed out but dropped a fair bit so must have been close

• Like 1

Hi Andy Quick question you said your ordered a green filter im going to get my EGR valve blank this week is a green filter something i should get for my MK1.5 1.8tdci focus?? I also suffer with hideous acceleration in first gear having to get between 3-4.5k revs to see any pull making it hard to pull out at busy junctions

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Thanx lenny it looks like you have a different filter to me think mine would be a box shape filter

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club