Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Mother Chuffing Corsa!

jeebowhite

I'm tempted to debadge it and lay claim to their theft...

• Like 2

Oh wow that is cruel so cruel lol poor you James what a nightmare and now you've got to set up with an astra, terrible. In the most hated colour and trim for me too blarggh

It's already annoyed me several times.. It started with no parking sensors or camera so it's strike one, then on driving it there is no on off button for heating, no knob, if you turn it up it goes to full wack then you have to repeatedly smack the down key for it to turn off... Strike 2, then the buttons are so close on trying to turn the eco mode off it changed radio stations strike 3,then all of a sudden it stopped accelerating at 25 mph, there's a dam voluntary speed limiter, if you push the button by accident it then takes you speed and sets it to the maximum and you can't go above it... Strike 4 - it's not yet on fire but the evening is young.

• Like 2

It's already annoyed me several times.. It started with no parking sensors or camera so it's strike one, then on driving it there is no on off button for heating, no knob, if you turn it up it goes to full wack then you have to repeatedly smack the down key for it to turn off... Strike 2, then the buttons are so close on trying to turn the eco mode off it changed radio stations strike 3,then all of a sudden it stopped accelerating at 25 mph, there's a dam voluntary speed limiter, if you push the button by accident it then takes you speed and sets it to the maximum and you can't go above it... Strike 4 - it's not yet on fire but the evening is young.

God help you James can't ring them and say your not satisfied with the junk they gave you.

Just ring them up and say that the poor bin man is getting confused he couldn't figure out how to get the Vauxhall into the back of his bin truck you had to tell him its a car not a pile of junk.

• Like 5

Haha, yeah the guy saw my look when he rocked up in it...

• Like 1

I had a 2l Astra of same mk as that...and the chuffing thing injured me!!

I was also forever changing gear - even a speed change of just a few MPH required 3 gear changes!! It also had a habit of randomly deciding to cut out if you put your foot anywhere near the accelerator.

Drove from Weymouth to Grimsby and was most happy to hand the keys over to the rather reluctant hire car guy (he hates them too lol)

Hope Mindel is patched up quick and returned to you!!

Cheers Sean, yeah I got a 2.0 turbo diesel with 160 horses, I dislike it at best but can't afford the excess for its accidental abandonment over Dover cliffs or in the local strand. What hurts the most is the wife and son both said they liked it, or at least parts of it...

I told her if she keeps comments like that up she can walk...

• Like 3

Absolutely! I told the guy dropping it off about what's happened to my last cars, he said sadly this was the last vehicle in the yard...

There's a reason for that, sadly all the mondeos where snapped up quick..

On the positive side, it's a rental so I won't be gentle... My aim is to burn the clutch out if at all possible, sadly though it's a new cat with 10k on the clock so it will be hard

• Like 1

Oh yeah! Does this constitute as lawful Consent to arson Clive as I have the layman's consent

I cannot confirm nor deny this is the vehicle I took possession of today...

I do not condone arson at all but temporary insanity does occur ;)

(Plus it's for a good cause).

Anyway I thought it was compulsory to rag hire cars to death. :p

• Like 1

The wife and youngin has betrayed you, lol James surely you've !Removed! someone off who has sacrificed a goat in your name and vowed to spend eternity destroying your world using vauxhall as a weapon.

You may need to sacrifice your vauxhall to rid your self of the evil

So very true... And yes they both did betray me, but I think you both make good points... Perhaps the sacrifice of the car is essential...

Astra...

:lol: Hahaha, I'm sorry James, it's never nice to see a FOC member in distress but there is a sequence of events here that you couldn't even script!!!

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

Actually James, it's not as bad as you think, least they didn't give you a corsa...

Wouldn't mind if they lent me an insignia :) :p

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

Haha yeah your right there is no way this comedy could have been written... As for the corsa, I would have refused it on delivery full stop. I would have preferred the insignia, the astra is just a corsa with a male genitalia enlargement... World's apart from the mondeo...

• Like 1

If it was corsa astra or insignia I can see the choice made lol. Would have preferred a mondeo, I might have more accidents when the new one comes out :-P

• Like 1

Haha, perfect writeup, glad to see vauxhall acknowledged the error of their ways lol

Well, sadly the pains getting worse looks like I'm to be off work for sometime...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club