Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Flame 1.4 Build Log (Was Fiesta Mk6 5 Door Custom Sub)

GingerFlame

So my motorcraft battery finally packed in after surviving being ran dry before I bought the car, then surviving a crash, and then being abused consantly by my ICE.

I've taken the plunge and ordered this powerhouse. Should be here tomorrow :)

post-57403-143999476133_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

So my motorcraft battery finally packed in after surviving being ran dry before I bought the car, then surviving a crash, and then being abused consantly by my ICE.

I've taken the plunge and ordered this powerhouse. Should be here tomorrow :)

Ooh a Bosch S5

The only power supply better than that battery is to plug the car straight in to the Grid :lol:

Excellent purchase you will see optimum fuel efficency aswell as sound output.

Have you upgrade the battery to body earth cable to 4AWG or 0AWG this will optimise return

Also fit some NGK Irridium spark plugs when possible,

And a 4AWG cable from earth on battery to the body of the altinator.

All good.

• Like 1

Ooh a Bosch S5 ye flashy Bastad [emoji38]

The only power supply better than that battery is to plug the car straight in to the Grid [emoji38]

Excellent purchase you will see optimum fuel efficency aswell as sound output.

Have you upgrade the battery to body earth cable to 4AWG or 0AWG this will optimise return

Also fit some NGK Irridium spark plugs when possible,

And a 4AWG cable from earth on battery to the body of the altinator.

All good.

I'm looking at some 0AWG as we speak.. iridium spark plugs can wait. As much as I know they make a difference I've got a spare set of plugs already from the old car (practically brand new). Once they're gone, if I still have the car then it'll be iridium

I'm going to use a crap battery attached the car via jump leads to the terminals to prevent the radio loosing power and loosing settings. Swap the batteries and then disconnect the crapper. Job done :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm looking at some 0AWG as we speak.. iridium spark plugs can wait. As much as I know they make a difference I've got a spare set of plugs already from the old car (practically brand new). Once they're gone, if I still have the car then it'll be iridium

I'm going to use a crap battery attached the car via jump leads to the terminals to prevent the radio loosing power and loosing settings. Swap the batteries and then disconnect the crapper. Job done :)

Sounds good,

Dont forget ring terminals for the 0AWG if fitting.

I'll get it all made up locally. I'm too lazy to do it myself ;)

• Like 2

Now to re EQ the car.. as my jump leads method worked for the car, but not the head unit :(

post-57403-144008209414_thumb.jpg

post-57403-144008210081_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Headunit reconfigured... Now onto the next project.

Rear drum to disc conversion!

Found an ST rear subframe with Discs, calipers, handbrake cable etc for less than £150!!! Only done 40k

• Like 3

So in the gaps between customers cars... I've managed to get about 75% of my own car clayed & machine polished. Applied some Inspired mirror image Wax to keep it fresh whilst I finish the rest of the car. Then I'll be topping it with gtechniq C1 & Exo! :) other than the deep scratches/chips the paintwork looks like new!!! The metallic sparkle is unbelievable! Tempted to wetsand the bonnet as a starter to remove orangepeel then polish it up! Mirror finish for the win ;)

Here's a picture of what 11 years of contamination looks like on TWO DOORS. Disgusting...

post-57403-144020199876_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

So I took the plunge and ordered Tin of zinc primer & Canary yellow paint. Before I put the Mintex discs and pads off the old car onto the new (current discs are about dead) I'm going to sand all the surface rust off them & coat with zinc primer. I'm then going to install my braided brake hoses and Clean up + paint the calipers too!

Once I've bought the st rear subframe and installed that I'll be doing the rear calipers yellow too :)

• Like 3

So I took the plunge and ordered Tin of zinc primer & Canary yellow paint. Before I put the Mintex discs and pads off the old car onto the new (current discs are about dead) I'm going to sand all the surface rust off them & coat with zinc primer. I'm then going to install my braided brake hoses and Clean up + paint the calipers too!

Once I've bought the st rear subframe and installed that I'll be doing the rear calipers yellow too :)

sounds great Kieran,

Looking forward to some pictures of the front calipers painted, will look awesome with the alloys and blue body.

• Like 2

I've been on the verge of ordering it for a while! Came up with a vision in my head which sealed the deal!

On a sidenote... Could this be my next project?..

I want a newer focus or fiesta as it's easier to enable features using a modified ELM cable!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201508236287904

• Like 1

I've been on the verge of ordering it for a while! Came up with a vision in my head which sealed the deal!

On a sidenote... Could this be my next project?..

I want a newer focus or fiesta as it's easier to enable features using a modified ELM cable!http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201508236287904

looks good but to be honest you would have much more fun with a 1.8TDCi version there's engine mods and MPG

looks good but to be honest you would have much more fun with a 1.8TDCi version there's engine mods and MPG

There's also higher insurance and tax :(

• Like 1

There's also higher insurance and tax :(

insurance would only be high for first year,

All depends on the end results you want to achieve I suppose.

The 1.6 petrol has almost no tuning potential so if modifying then it would be body and interior, it wouldn't accept 18's too well neither due to less torque if fitting them ofcourse.

The 1.8TDCi would take all those mods as well as benefits from EGR blanking, ECU remap, 2.5" exhaust, induction filter, intercooler relocation.

In the long run; there's around two years of modification on the 1.6 petrol then it's at its limit

or

there's around five years of modification on the 1.8TDCi before it's at its limit.

If it was me I'd spend first years modification money on the insurance then start modification as insurance drops,

My insurance in 2010 was 2456.47euro

second year was 1200.57euro third year was 895.52euro fourth year was 700.52 euro and this year was 550.22 euro all mods declared as well as missus named driver

• Like 1

Hmm... I'll have to have a think

Whatever happens.. I need snail power in my life... NA is simply boring :(

Hmm... I'll have to have a think

Whatever happens.. I need snail power in my life... NA is simply boring :(

my next car is going to be naturally aspirated petrol

I won't be putting in a turbo but will be good to be back in petrol.

All going well October next year I'll have enough cash saved to invest in the new project

• Like 1

I'm so happy with going back to petrol! So much more fun.....and sounds soo much better! :D

• Like 1

This is how I be Rollin in the 1.6TDCi missing the petrol tone

• Like 2

Hahaha!

Ive ordered a heated seat retrofit kit... So I thought I'd try find out the easiest way to remove the seat fabric.

I ended up coming across this, read the whole thing. Some ideas I love, some I like, some I dont, some I hate. Lets see if you guys have the same opinions

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/ipb/index.php/topic/245411-mk6-fiesta-full-alcantara-re-trim/

• Like 1

Just placed an order for;

Bosch Air filter

Mann oil filter

Crosland Fuel filter

4 litres of Castrol Magnitec

Normfest ot100 fuel additive (fancied trying something other than redex for once)

Total cost £44.47 from Eurocarparts :)

Haven't had chance to give this one a service since I bought it! Just had chance to top the oil up with some fresh and that was it :(

I haven't forgotten Spark plugs, I already have some pretty new ones from the old car. I'll soak them in carb cleaner for a bit before fitting, not that they need it.

I'm also going to chop off my Holy Backbox

I may or may not replace it with the new one I bought for the other car. If not, straight stainless pipe till January as I doubt the MOT man will be happy ;)

• Like 1

Getting the Mintex discs primered.

I've rubbed them down to remove all the surface rust too! :)

post-57403-144104496379_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Getting the Mintex discs primered.

I've rubbed them down to remove all the surface rust too! :)

Looking good mate,

Don't forget some copper grease on the face of them prior to fitting your wheels on.

post-57403-144104862889_thumb.jpgpost-57403-144104863227_thumb.jpg

Getting the rear & edges of the discs painted too :)

Bye bye rust :)

Copper grease is my best Friend.. I use far too much! Haha

• Like 1

Just ordered a heated seat kit ;)

Roll on winter...

A heated windscreen would be ncie too, but my car doesn't even have the wiring :(

I knew I should extracted it from the other car :( :(

• Like 1

Heated seat kit arrived today along with the Interior light from will (thanks alot!). I've also coated the car in gtechniq C1 & Exo after a 3 stage machine polish on the remaining panels after the polish I did a few weeks ago. The paint looks like glass & the car no longer knows what water is! It sheets like crazy!

I managed to get the car serviced the other day! Fuel filter, oil filter, oil & air filter. Plugs are yet to go in as they're not too bad at the minute. The car definately feels better to drive. wether the old fuel filter was clogged up I'm not sure

That's the positives out the way

Now onto the negative.

Whenever I reverse with the left lock on or corner fast, I get a horrible Squeel/squeek from the offside wheel well. It's gradually getting worse.

My plan for tomorrow is to replace the worn out lower ball joint (already done the nearside) and I hope this solves the noise, or I atleast find the cause whilst I'm working on the car.

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club