Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help... Water In The Spark Plug Holes!

Sarahwyn

I have an ST 55 plate. Ive only just realised that theres a little bit of water in the spark plug holes... And my car has starred to missfire. Could it be because of the water??

Blow it out with a garage air line and spray some WD 40 round the plugs. When it dries out you will know if the water was the cause of the problem..

Water around the spark plugs will definitely cause a misfire, no doubt about that. You really need to find out why there is water getting in there though.

water around the spark plug holes is a result of power washing the front of the car .....my son presented me with this very problem some months ago........the water gos up the air ducting , and is dumped on top of the spark plugs.......there is i hole in the pipe.....this stops the water entering the inlet manafold ,thus killing the engine......hope this helps traff

I just recently bought a 1.4 zetec and I had the same problem, just dry it out and it should be all good

It's mostly likely a leaky windscreen washer jet. It's situated directly above cylinder 1, which is not covered by the air box.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thanks guys... Did what you suggested and now my car is like new :) Many Thanks Sarah

As above, on the mk6 fiestas 02-06(I believe) the washer jets don't have rubber seals between the jets and bonnet and somehow leak into the spark plug wells

Bought a new set of washer jets and it sorted the problem on my old car

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club