Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Luck escape there Jamie and by the grace of God you're ok. It's not nice to see any car in that state after an accident but unfortunately I see one every week on my travels.
You enjoy your cuppa and own bed.

On the way to get the Mk1 Focus it's MOT, I don't like almost being taken out by a VW van, who didn't look whatsoever, as her reversed out of his drive.:angry: I had to swerve across on to the opposite side of the road, and even then he kept coming at my nearside :shock::shocking::eek:  

If there had be an oncoming vehicle: there'd have been nowhere for me to go:ohmy:

I also don't like acquiring an infected left sinus, it's started to get painful today, radiating downwards into my gum line:sad:  i didn't know you could have a situation where only got infected, but seems you can:mellow:

• Like 1

I've just unpacked and put my saw on my woodworking bench, I went to put a blade on, and then couldn't find any in the box, nothing was taped to the box, nothing beneath polystyrene packing.:ohmy:  I looked at the invoice, I thought I'd ordered 3, but there weren't any on the invoice either.  :oops:I'd forgotten to actually order them:wallbash:

Not a problem I thought, I'll just go and get some from Screwfix.  Of the 6 nearest Screwfix', no-one has any for collection today:sad:   Machine Mart does, but I have a conference call to do at 5pm: I won't get back in time with all the traffic now.

19 hours ago, Turvey said:

Looks like your trackings out a bit as well :wink:

Seriously though, glad you're OK. As said before, cars can be replaced, bodies can't. 

Ice can lie on roads for a while after temps have risen above freezing. Patches that don't get the sun etc Even worse if the road hasn't been gritted or if it has the salt hasn't had time, or the traffic, to clear it. Learn by your mistakes and move on. Any driver who tells you they haven't had a self-inflicted brown-trouser moment is lying :wink:

That's exactly what caused this, and technically it was my fault for not expecting it.  Having driven over 5 miles on the same kind of country roads prior to the crash and experiencing no ice, I hadn't been expecting to find any.  As you say, live and learn!!

So my don't like today is royal mail related...

My nan received one of those 'some fool forgot to pay enough postage on your letter' cards in the post.  But it's addressed to my Grandad...who died nearly 5 years ago now. :unsure:

To collect the item we need some ID... obviously that's not possible!

Nan also wants to know what it is before paying as it may not be anything important so can't pay online.

She can't get to the depo as she's disabled.

So I'm sort of stuck on what to do really.  I've said I'll try and pop in tomorrow to see what it is and collect it of its of any use  but I can't see them giving it to me, given neither my name or address match those on the item. :mellow:. Any ideas lol??

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

So my don't like today is royal mail related...

My nan received one of those 'some fool forgot to pay enough postage on your letter' cards in the post.  But it's addressed to my Grandad...who died nearly 5 years ago now. :unsure:

To collect the item we need some ID... obviously that's not possible!

Nan also wants to know what it is before paying as it may not be anything important so can't pay online.

She can't get to the depo as she's disabled.

So I'm sort of stuck on what to do really.  I've said I'll try and pop in tomorrow to see what it is and collect it of its of any use  but I can't see them giving it to me, given neither my name or address match those on the item. :mellow:. Any ideas lol??

Go to the depot and explain the situation.  If possible take some ID relating to your grandmother to prove that you are there on her behalf.  Data Protection is strict, but if the person is deceased then they have to make certain allowances.

5 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Go to the depot and explain the situation.  If possible take some ID relating to your grandmother to prove that you are there on her behalf.  Data Protection is strict, but if the person is deceased then they have to make certain allowances.

Ah, if I'd thought about that earlier I could've borrowed a bill or something.  Too late now lol.  :wallbash: Will have to just see what they say I guess!

18 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Data Protection is strict, but if the person is deceased then they have to make certain allowances.

Lloyds don't

My Dad has been dead almost three years, he used to have some shares in Lloyds, They were notified and presented with a copy of his death certificate: the shares sold as part of his will. 

However, to this day, my Mum still gets the AGM and EAGM packs sent to him. when she's tried to point out he's one, no longer a shareholder and two, deceased, can they stop mailing him these packs?.  She was told "it is not possible for you to cancel, he must write to us and state he no longer wishes to have the packs sent!" 

I don't like being unable to drive until I receive my new glasses!  Knowing myself, I need to get back behind the wheel ASAP or else I'll develop an anxiety about driving, but I can't do that until I have a new pair of glasses.

21 minutes ago, GMX said:

Lloyds don't

My Dad has been dead almost three years, he used to have some shares in Lloyds, They were notified and presented with a copy of his death certificate: the shares sold as part of his will. 

However, to this day, my Mum still gets the AGM and EAGM packs sent to him. when she's tried to point out he's one, no longer a shareholder and two, deceased, can they stop mailing him these packs?.  She was told "it is not possible for you to cancel, he must write to us and state he no longer wishes to have the packs sent!" 

In that case I would write a letter and sign it in his name.  It is ridiculous, but possiby the only way to stop the packs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like being unable to drive until I receive my new glasses!  Knowing myself, I need to get back behind the wheel ASAP or else I'll develop an anxiety about driving, but I can't do that until I have a new pair of glasses.

How long will they take. your right you have to drive again

3 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

In that case I would write a letter and sign it in his name.  It is ridiculous, but possiby the only way to stop the packs.

No wonder the banks are in so much of a mess 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dezwez said:

How long will they take. your right you have to drive again

I've ordered via Glasses Direct and they normally get here within 5 working days, so I'm hoping to have them by Tuesday/Wednesday next week.  Until then my mother is chauffering me around in the Focus, which is a sure-fire way of raising my blood pressure.  She is a good driver, but has poor lane discipline in cities and will happily drive at 60MPH in 3rd gear, seeminly oblivious to the fact that the engine is sitting at 4,000RPM! :angry:

11 minutes ago, dezwez said:

No wonder the banks are in so much of a mess 

Yep, doesn't surprise me.

Just now, jmurray01 said:

I've ordered via Glasses Direct and they normally get here within 5 working days, so I'm hoping to have them by Tuesday/Wednesday next week.  Until then my mother is chauffering me around in the Focus, which is a sure-fire way of raising my blood pressure.  She is a good driver, but has poor lane discipline in cities and will happily drive at 60MPH in 3rd gear, seeminly oblivious to the fact that the engine is sitting at 4,000RPM! :angry:

Its only 5 days not to long i am sure you will be ok unlike your focus .lol

Started new job and a very nice office but man the country road to work is nerve ranking especially coming home. People using full beams

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Don't like TalkTalk taking the piddle.

Signed up for an offer of 18 months free broadband, for 18 months, with line rental (paid for line rental saver, so 15% off). That order got cocked up somewhere along the lines and only offered me 12 months free and 12 months line rental but on an 18 month contract. Took an age and head office, and eventually they offered me half price line rental for 6 months with the understanding I would be able to take value line rental out for 12 months after that. Also took £5 a month extra for Fiber, for 18 months.

TalkTalk have discontinued the value line rental now, and talking to them is like pulling teeth - I don't think they have any call centers in the UK at all anymore! Cheapest they offered me was £25 a month for 18 months (but even at full price on my old package that is only £23 so no offer at all).

Tried so hard not to get angry with the guys in the foreign customer service center, they are only doing their jobs after all. But there is only so much number fudging and typos you can take!

37 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Started new job and a very nice office but man the country road to work is nerve ranking especially coming home. People using full beams

Tell me about it!  I have 15 miles of country roads between my house and my work, and it can get rather sketchy at night.

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

That's probably the solution:laugh:

57 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

The main culprits for that in Dorset are 30 something women in white Audi and Mercedes cabriolets. My neighbour being one of them, mind you her husband has an equally reckless approach to other road users in his Range Rover

A 640d was on my backside for like 2miles. Even slowed down to reduce the gap like they tell you to dude just kept behind me. I had to move left. Bare in mind right lane was empty

1 hour ago, Ken.K said:

Find my Focus's heated windscreen makes lights seemingly glare more than normal anyway, but main beamers and fog light users get on my nerves, especially at night and when it's wet. Reflections everywhere!

• Like 1

I will change my bulbs soon and get 6000k side lights, dipped and main beams maybe then if anyone tries it with me will do it back to them. Cos I see it's mostly white lights.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

I will change my bulbs soon and get 6000k side lights, dipped and main beams maybe then if anyone tries it with me will do it back to them. Cos I see it's mostly white lights.

I have no problem putting my high beams on if somebody comes at me without dipping.  Yes it doesn't help me any, but it gives them a taste of their own medicine.

Sat at Avonmouth waiting to be tipped. and we have a collection on the way back and then somercotes then back to the yard. it's going to be a long night. and the fact I'm coning down with a cold and feel like crap. On the plus side I have another driver with me to do some of the driving not normally a luxury we would have lol 

2 hours ago, Micro said:

Don't like TalkTalk taking the piddle.

Signed up for an offer of 18 months free broadband, for 18 months, with line rental (paid for line rental saver, so 15% off). That order got cocked up somewhere along the lines and only offered me 12 months free and 12 months line rental but on an 18 month contract. Took an age and head office, and eventually they offered me half price line rental for 6 months with the understanding I would be able to take value line rental out for 12 months after that. Also took £5 a month extra for Fiber, for 18 months.

TalkTalk have discontinued the value line rental now, and talking to them is like pulling teeth - I don't think they have any call centers in the UK at all anymore! Cheapest they offered me was £25 a month for 18 months (but even at full price on my old package that is only £23 so no offer at all).

Tried so hard not to get angry with the guys in the foreign customer service center, they are only doing their jobs after all. But there is only so much number fudging and typos you can take!

Threaten to cancel your contract, they usually give you a better offer to stay.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club