Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I live in a studio flat, the living room is the bedroom lol. :unsure:  I'll try not to let the temp drop below 18cthough, going on that logic.  My personal preference would be a bit warmer during the day but my bank balance says otherwise lol. 

Ah, that makes things a bit more complicated right enough. I suppose the only(sensible) thing to do is aim for a happy medium and wear extra clothing in the evening. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GMX said:

Oooh, now where do I start, with today's dislikes???.

I don't like being awoken at 4:30am with a left leg undergoing a massive spasm, in the overall inner thigh area.:sad:  Which wasn't relieved by walking up and down the hall in a purposeful manner, nor being rubbed: after 10 minutes of :ohmy: and :eek:, it went of it's own accord.:mellow:  Back to bed I went, for all of half an hour, only to be awoken again, with my right inner thigh having it's own cramp session, although I was able to bring that to an abrupt halt by doing some squats and stretches.  And so I returned to sleep (again)

Then Brandy awoke me three quarters of an hour later, with a desperate need for the loo. As I arose swiftly and sort of spun on my left leg backwards; I was revisited by the intense spasm I had some 1½ hours earlier. :sad::surprise: Making the journey downstairs to the back door with haste: somewhere between agony and excruciating but with a comedy value, on account of the spasm prone thigh causing an irrational limp and jerk manoeuvre :ohmy: 

All I could image was this:

http://giphy.com/gifs/11WnLGKTRjlftm/html5

• Like 2

I don't like waiting a long time for things to be done on my car.

• Like 2

I hate how the corsa forum think its a step above the rest,been there years ago and i cant say the words i would like to  as will be removed.

I have had very bad experience on it more than once and even the staff don't help,as bad as the car itself.

14 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

I hate how the corsa forum think its a step above the rest,been there years ago and i cant say the words i would like to  as will be removed.

I have had very bad experience on it more than once and even the staff don't help,as bad as the car itself.

Never been there myself, but can't say I'm surprised!

Went to a mates house warming yesterday and while in doors, my mates RR evoque gets bashed by a crazy driver. IMAG0075.jpg.f70248d2d536556a0f0d168f2bc

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I don't like the wind has got up, now the rain has gone:sad:  Polycarbonate corrugated roofing sheets and a blustery wind aren't the best companions when you're trying to measure up and mark out:sad:

I also don't like that Tesco seems to have stopped stocking these pork rinds http://www.awfullyposhsnacks.com/

I'm not sure if they were a product they were trying out, or they've deleted them from their stock, the Tesco customer service girl looked them up, and said they're no longer there:sad:

Waitrose, according to the web site has them, but they are much further away than Tesco, but Brandy doesn't like multi-storey car parks; even on the open top floor.

23 hours ago, Turvey said:

21c for living room and 18c for bedroom  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5372296.stm 

21°C for a living room and 18°C for a bedroom!!!???  :unsure:

I'd be sweltering in that, I find 8-10°C is nice temperature to sleep in and no more than 12°C for living/working in

Having said that, there are people who would find even 21° far too cold. Mr Range Rover next door has his entire house heated to 35°C:sweat:, 24 hours a day:sweat::sweat:.  It's not as if he's got some very frail family member in there, that needs extra warmth..  They just like living in a hot house.  You get a hot blast of air every time they open a door:laugh:

14 hours ago, Zico said:

All I could image was this:

http://giphy.com/gifs/11WnLGKTRjlftm/html5

Yes, that's more or less the cramp walk down to the kitchen door:laugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GMX said:

Having said that, there are people who would find even 21° far too cold. Mr Range Rover next door has his entire house heated to 35°C:sweat:, 24 hours a day:sweat::sweat:.  It's not as if he's got some very frail family member in there, that needs extra warmth..  They just like living in a hot house.  You get a hot blast of air every time they open a door:laugh:

Sounds like my mother!!  It's a good thing she has taken over paying the electric bill, because the heating is on practically 24/7, plus the tumble dryer at least 2-3 times per day.  It's ridiculous, but there's no stopping her...

• Like 2

12C Ghana?! :ohmy: I find 20C in the living areas too cold...our thermostat is usually between 21 and 22, but we often turn it down to 21 to save a bit of money. Bedroom thermo (on second floor) is 22 but that is off during the day unless boosted. Luckily our house is not even 4 years old so is generally very energy efficient. Our dryer is on a lot too...

My grandparents have their thermostat on 25C, that's getting on for a bit too warm!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Sounds like my mother!!  It's a good thing she has taken over paying the electric bill, because the heating is on practically 24/7, plus the tumble dryer at least 2-3 times per day.  It's ridiculous, but there's no stopping her...

My wife required a new tumble dryer last November, I give her money for new one and I went to work, 

She bought an eco model which uses the room temperature as part of heating by maintaining the temperature inside the drum and rotating every 20 minutes.

all sounds fantastic if you have it fitted inside your kitchen which would be heated to minimum 20 degrees

but our dryer is outside in a 12x12 wooden garden shed, yet the wife insists on using the auto feature which in the current climate costs an absolute fortune as the dryer maintains a constant temperature inside the drum 24/7 while auto is set on the dial. 

She refuses to accept the auto feature on the dryer is designed for use within the home and to just use the normal setting since it's outside.

had I gone with her to purchase at the time I would have explained to the sales person that the dryer is in the garden shed where temperature is ambient to outdoors 😧

• Like 1

Is that a heat pump then? We have one of those in Cyprus (so I can use it when it's nearly 40C!) 

From my understanding the room temperature isn't too much of a factor, although it will work much more efficiently in normal temperatures. It basically recycles the air using a heat pump (so still has a heater) instead of throwing out excess heat out of the back like a normal condenser. Auto setting wont make a difference as on any cycle the heat generated will be reused. So all in all it will still be much cheaper to run that a traditional vented or condenser dryer.

I don't think it'll last long in these temperatures if I'm honest, too many bits to go wrong and it won't like the cold. Perhaps she should've just got a normal vented dryer which is as simple as possible.

• Like 2

Our dryer is an early 1980s Bendix model, very compact (smaller than most modern tumbles) and vented.  It only uses 1900W on the highest heat setting which is less than most vacuum cleaners these days!!

The motor belt pulley fell off a few years ago but a bit of thread locker on the retaining nut secured it back on again, and I replaced the belt whilst I was in there, so doubt it'll need any more work for another 10-15 years at least. 

Old technology at its best!

• Like 1

12c inside seems unbearably cold Ghana! :unsure:

On the subject of dryers...don't buy a combi unless necessary...yes it only uses 1750w on dry...but that means it takes 3 hours to dry a bed set... :dry:

They also make a horrible screechy noise which sounds broken, but is apparently normal due to having 2 rotating drums...I still don't trust it lol.

• Like 1

thing i dont like is young women i.e late teens early 20's that have just passed their test and think it perfectly acceptable to tailgate within 3 feet of my rear bumper WHEN IT'S PERFECTLY OBVIOUS I HAVE GOT YOUNG KIDS IN THE CAR jesus wept i could loose it sometimes :wallbash:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

12c inside seems unbearably cold Ghana! :unsure:

On the subject of dryers...don't buy a combi unless necessary...yes it only uses 1750w on dry...but that means it takes 3 hours to dry a bed set... :dry:

They also make a horrible screechy noise which sounds broken, but is apparently normal due to having 2 rotating drums...I still don't trust it lol.

I would never, ever buy a washer/dryer.  They are a complete waste of money

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ayup said:

thing i dont like is young women i.e late teens early 20's that have just passed their test and think it perfectly acceptable to tailgate within 3 feet of my rear bumper WHEN IT'S PERFECTLY OBVIOUS I HAVE GOT YOUNG KIDS IN THE CAR jesus wept i could loose it sometimes :wallbash:

Yep, I've had that quite a lot lately.  Unfortunately, a good deal of them are driving Fiestas/Focuses... :no:

Washer / dryer?

I can't have anything other than one because my kitchen is small.

Had the same unit for 6 years and I just clean the condenser thermister once a year and it works just fine.

Sent from my SM-G930F

This more of a don't understand than a don't like.  But my wife, mother in law & a mates other half all have this habit of sharing memories of the kids on Fb and saying gorgeous girly/boy.  Yes they might be my own kids(except for my mates lol) but they all look like potatoes until about 1 1/2 / 2 years old.  I was wondering do women look at potato shaped kids the same way as we look at cars?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Washer / dryer?

I can't have anything other than one because my kitchen is small.

Had the same unit for 6 years and I just clean the condenser thermister once a year and it works just fine.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Lack of space is the reason I've got one as well, I'd have separates if there was space though. 

Is that meant to be cleaned regularly?  I didn't see any cleaning instructions in the manual but found it kind of odd that there's no fluff filter on a combi, must be so much hidden in there by now! :unsure: 

Washer dryers, in general, are rubbish. We had one (not by choice!) When we moved into our new build house nearly 4 years ago. It lasted a month before we bought a dryer and put it in my bedroom cupboard! The machine was only ever used on the drying cycle twice, in which it steamed up the kitchen and never actually dried anything. What a waste of energy! Binned the machine (well, got £250 for it!) after 18 months because it was so crap.

Some washer dryers have a fluff clean cycle,  or just run it on an empty rinse every month or so, should clear it out.

My machine has no fluff filter and over time it can ger stuck on the thermistor.

A symptom is that the clothes take longer to dry.

I just strip down the housing and give the thermistor a good clean off and it's good for another 6 months or so.

If left too long the machine throws a fault code.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Am I the only one that simply dries clothes on an indoor-airer? :unsure:

38 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Am I the only one that simply dries clothes on an indoor-airer? :unsure:

No I dry clothes on an airer.  But bedding and towels in the dryer.  Partly to satisfy my OCD (don't want clean towels hanging around wet) and partly because it's impossible to dry a bed set on an airer... especially in a day as I only have one set lol.

• Like 1

I have to dry most things in the dryer.

My uniform needs turning around quickly as it gathers a lot of dog hair, mud & gak and takes way too long to dry naturally.

The Wife's hospital smocks and scrubs wrinkle badly so need to be thoroughly dried before ironing or they look terrible.

Towels line dried go rough, tumble dried they go nice and fluffy.

T-shirts and all the undercrackers line dry.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club