Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Does your Dad have a dash cam?  Might be worth swapping cards to make sure it's the card at fault and not the camera?

I assume it's set to overwrite the oldest data on a loop so it shouldn't ever fill up?

Yeah I might try that. My dad actually said to swap the cards over just to make sure. Hopefully the camera hasn't gone wrong. Im also getting a little worried about the passenger side window switch. Twice it hasn't worked but does work with the driver side switch. 

Cost me an extra £2 to drive to work yesterday!

Diversion? Extra fuel?

No, a £2 coin slipped from my pocket into the handbrake lever black hole !

• Sad 1

Almost finished installing a CAT7 network throughout the house capable of 10Gb per second transfer; I logged on to amazon today to purchase the final five metre CAT7 cable which i require to complete the install.

Only to discover there's now CAT8 available🤮

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VanDeSaiL-Ethernet-Gigabit-Network-Connector-CAT8B-2-pack/dp/B07DJ5BCQM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1536148148&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=5m+vandesail&psc=1

😂

Also Driving to work this morning, I had the stereo up to the maximum with considerable amounts of base from the 10" JL Audio sub and amplified speakers; 

Needles to say I didn't hear the alert beep from the dash but when I glanced down at the dials i see this 😳

20180905_061626.thumb.jpg.16aeb9120e8d0b9a25fa376d18f0b7c2.jpg

There wasn't any change in driving or anything, I wasn't pushing it hard neither; I was trying my best to drive economically the whole journey, 

When I got to work I turned off engine then restarted and everything was normal it's weird but thankfully nothing wrong now.

The car has just had a major service in the main ford dealers including timing belt change, 

Possibly the battery missed a volt or two with the heavy demands from the system which may have caused an upset to the canbus system I don't know.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kossofffan said:

Cost me an extra £2 to drive to work yesterday!

Diversion? Extra fuel?

No, a £2 coin slipped from my pocket into the handbrake lever black hole !

Just outside my road I can't turn left now as they closed the road due to making more cycle lanes. Heard it will be like that till November. Because of this people now turn into my road which can be annoying especially when a boy racer with his loud exhaust boots it in frustration. The road on the opposite side of mine now is packed full of cars. Luckily today it wasn't. 

• Like 1

I'm Duty Officer today...so because we're on the buoy in Plymouth, I can't go to bed until the last liberty boat has been and gone at midnight.

I just want to go to bed!

• Like 1

I don't like the fact that in the 2 or 3 weeks our son has been driving MY Focus he has had a puncture (still not got it fixed!) put more miles on than I would in 3 months and somehow managed to break the cable between the bonnet lock and the catch!!!

God knows how I'm going to fix it! I've looked through the bonnet catch thread but it seems to only work if the key turns the cable. 

Kids! Who'd have 'em? 🙄

• Like 1

On a similar family whinge...

I don't like that a few months after I fitted the dashcam into my father's partner's car, she's managed to rip the 12v cable out and ripped the metal plug off of the Mini USB end. Plug is a sealed unit so can't fix it. Camera appears to turn on and power up ok so hopefully that is good (in fact I will go out and check it fires up in my car before I forget).

Anything electrical (or anything that is relatively expensive) get's killed in our house by the rest of the family :msn-cry:

• Sad 1

How on earth did it get ripped out?
I'd refuse to fix it if that's how it gets treated.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

I aint that keen on the new corsa range (leaving the 1.6t VXR out of this) as just had a look at the cars on eBay and i looked at a few of them

on there,to say there top spec Elite i think it is don't have a lot on it and so slow,1.4 90 or 115 bhp i think it said so the 1.0...125 eco fiesta would swallow it.

Is this the top spec the Elite and biggest engine at 115bhp until you get to the VXR /sport models.

19 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

I aint that keen on the new corsa range (leaving the 1.6t VXR out of this) as just had a look at the cars on eBay and i looked at a few of them

on there,to say there top spec Elite i think it is don't have a lot on it and so slow,1.4 90 or 115 bhp i think it said so the 1.0...125 eco fiesta would swallow it.

Is this the top spec the Elite and biggest engine at 115bhp until you get to the VXR /sport models.

I don't think I'd get a vauxhall. I've heard of a few people having headgasket problems on them. My dad's friend's wife had a 04 Corsa which developed a headgasket leak with only 53k miles on it. Someone else bought the newer shape Corsa and soon found the engine needs to be changed. My uncles friend also had signs of a headgasket leak on his Corsa. Don't know about the newer ones but hearing all these problems with vauxhalls I'd not risk it. 

44 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I don't think I'd get a vauxhall. I've heard of a few people having headgasket problems on them. My dad's friend's wife had a 04 Corsa which developed a headgasket leak with only 53k miles on it. Someone else bought the newer shape Corsa and soon found the engine needs to be changed. My uncles friend also had signs of a headgasket leak on his Corsa. Don't know about the newer ones but hearing all these problems with vauxhalls I'd not risk it. 

Before i had my car now i handed in px a corsa D 1.4 Design and ok a nice smooth ride and very quiet with only 37k on the clock but it had a lot of stupid stuff wrong.

Petrol gauge kept sticking which was a pain/slight oil leak that was driveshaft and tried to fix 3 times so it was gearbox oil and more stuff,only had it 16 months.

Petrol was terrible,lets say my 1.6 is better now and around corners it was like sitting on jelly it lent and slid so it went.

Am i right on the spec of these new ones that is the Top spec one the Elite  as if so i ''Dont Like'' a lot more.

I don't like unnecessary H&S.

I totally get that we need some measures in place but what happened to common sense?

Case 1. One of our bin collectors stood UNDERNEATH a bin when it was being tipped! Bin fell off cart and grazed his forehead, now all bin collectors have to wear hardhats when tipping bins. How about taking the collector to one side, giving him a slap and a toolbox talk for everyone extolling the virtues of not standing under bins and letting them get on with it?

Case 2. Passed a local primary school today where kids were out in a CLOSED carpark doing cycle proficiency training. Cycle helmets were worn by all kids which I totally agree with but everyone was wearing hi-viz vests! Why? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

How on earth did it get ripped out?
I'd refuse to fix it if that's how it gets treated.

The cable apparently dropped down beneath the glovebox leading to foot getting caught in cable and pulling the whole thing out when getting out of the car.

I may have had a small hand in the fitting of the cable a few months prior and guessing something dropped out from where I had tucked it in :whistling:

• Like 1

I don't like the old man who was in the Fiesta behind me on my way home this afternoon.

Sitting in slow moving rush hour traffic when I hear the sound of sirens behind us, blues and twos of an ambulance making it's way about 100m's behind the line of traffic. I signal and move over onto the edge of the footway as the road isn't quite wide enough just to pull over to the kerb. The old man behind me just carries on in a straight line, almost looking like he was going to just drive past me and carry on. Que the ambulance at this point right behind him blaring the different tone to get his attention to move over, still nothing for what seemed like 20 seconds.

I put the window down and gestured to him to pull over and eventually he twigged. Was rather annoyed at this point and once the ambulance had passed us I shouted for him to check his mirrors (just that, no foul language).

The cable apparently dropped down beneath the glovebox leading to foot getting caught in cable and pulling the whole thing out when getting out of the car.
I may have had a small hand in the fitting of the cable a few months prior and guessing something dropped out from where I had tucked it in :whistling:
Bad workmanship then? [emoji57]

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like unnecessary H&S.

I totally get that we need some measures in place but what happened to common sense?

Case 1. One of our bin collectors stood UNDERNEATH a bin when it was being tipped! Bin fell off cart and grazed his forehead, now all bin collectors have to wear hardhats when tipping bins. How about taking the collector to one side, giving him a slap and a toolbox talk for everyone extolling the virtues of not standing under bins and letting them get on with it?

Case 2. Passed a local primary school today where kids were out in a CLOSED carpark doing cycle proficiency training. Cycle helmets were worn by all kids which I totally agree with but everyone was wearing hi-viz vests! Why? 

Case 2:  Actually, the reason for that is habit - get the kids in the habit of donning their hi-vis vest before cycling.  It's a muscle memory thing.

We do similar when we conduct our drills and exercises - BA sets on, hoses rigged and charged, all equipment run out to the scene etc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SeanW said:

Case 2:  Actually, the reason for that is habit - get the kids in the habit of donning their hi-vis vest before cycling.  It's a muscle memory thing.

We do similar when we conduct our drills and exercises - BA sets on, hoses rigged and charged, all equipment run out to the scene etc

Fair point 😎

• Like 1

my dad has decided to start driving again after selling his car last oct due to cataracts and chronic glycoma in both eyes . now had cataracts done this year and had eye test at spec savers for dvla assesment. had his licence extended for another 3 yrs. we all trying to discourage him as its not his eyes he needs for driving. his reaction to his surrounding isnt too good.  he is 85. he nagging me to take him to garages to look at new cars!! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, iantt said:

my dad has decided to start driving again after selling his car last oct due to cataracts and chronic glycoma in both eyes . now had cataracts done this year and had eye test at spec savers for dvla assesment. had his licence extended for another 3 yrs. we all trying to discourage him as its not his eyes he needs for driving. his reaction to his surrounding isnt too good.  he is 85. he nagging me to take him to garages to look at new cars!! 

Range rover or Ford F150 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, iantt said:

If you can't get him off not driving you could look at cars with a lot of safety features. The latest golf's come with that radar on the front that it would apply the brakes automatically if it thinks the car is about to rear end someone. 

Yeah I was thinking radar may be a good idea. He been ringing the local garages this week without me knowing , and wanted me to take him to one today. Now wants a Suzuki Ignis, a right strange looking car. But he can specify the radar type auto braking on it. Fortunately there's a long delay for deliveries due to the 1sept wltp regs so he may have to wait another 3 months or so. 

6 hours ago, Lenny said:

Range rover or Ford F150 

I hate to think what damage he could do with one of those. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, iantt said:

I hate to think what damage he could do with one of those. 

I used to work with a fella whom had type2 diabetes, his daily commute was 55min each morning and evening, 

He drove a Vauxhall Vectra and wrote it off on route home he flaked out at the wheel, went straight across the opposite side of the road and in to a field; thankfully nothing coming the opposite way.

Three months later he arrives in with an Isuzu DMax Cobra and the guy works in an office as shipping coordinator, he would be alright but everyone else 

I do sympathize with both you and your dad though, I can see where both of you are coming from.

Nothing worse than being restricted in life and nothing worse than someone whom takes on board your opinion like a duck takes on water; Let's it flow straight off no heed taken.

Making you feel like your going crazy like my wife when I ask her to open the bathroom window slightly when using or after using the shower to relieve the condensation.

• Like 1

Is this wrong or right.

Driving up to some lights on red,about 4th car back and on the road you have a ''KEEP CLEAR'' as people can putt off this small car park,holds around 50 cars.

A car pulled off the car park onto the keep clear so then its not clear but the car is as good as level so you wouldn't think he came off the car park.

How does it work and can you get had for this as you wouldn't tell he came off there unless he had a ticket as a lot now around here is first 2 hours free and no ticket needed.

Those clear areas are to allow people in side roads to merge.
He should have waited until invited to join the main traffic flow.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club