Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

41 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I held one in Ireland before; its crazy how we may develop a mental image of someone which is totally different to how they actually look, 

I'm quite shy in Full Reality HD 

My existence has become very simple in recent years as I now work six days per week, sleep and spend sundays with my wife and kids; I don't have much variety in conversation. 

All said now I have a "Things I don't like" regarding purchasing a computer from Dell online; I ordered a computer online yesterday and processed payment, received a receipt via email and all was good, 

Then I still get a phone call from a salesperson just to confirm all of the details and to thank me for choosing Dell; I was going to joke and say "I didn't see any other manufacturer for sale on your website" but the sales person was from a call centre in India and had difficulty understanding that I didn't have a company or business called "nobody's" nor do I have a VAT number 

When asked business name online I typed "nobody's" 😂 then they call asking if the business is registered in the uk or Ireland 🤪almost made me smash the phone 🤷‍♂️ I'm sorry it was a joke I don't have a business thanks 

Even better idea - let's all convoy up to Ireland and hold the meet there 😂 We could even raise money for charity! Then steak & guiness at the pub afterwards!

Myself - I'm very talkative and a bit of a goof in person. My friends rate my banter though. 

Love the Dell joke... Reminds me of those personal injury spam calls, where the lady with a robot voice (british accent) calls and says "we've been informed you've been involved in an accident". One time I was really bored, and said 'yes' to the robot, got transferred to someone with a thick accent, and they asked about the details of my accident. I told them I crashed my rolls royce into a tree on purpose in a fit of rage because my chauffeur was having an affair with my mistress, and whether they could represent me, and sue the tree for ruining my precious car and giving me whiplash. Took a while for the guy to understand what I was saying but then I got hung up on lol.

• Haha 1

I don't like trying to help our son with his application for a job at Tesco!

He works full-time at the local Ford dealer but thought he would apply for a part-time job delivering groceries 3 or 4 evenings a week to give him a wee bit extra cash. He's worked at Tesco before as a shelf filler etc and knows the staff there and the manager in charge of the deliveries is keen to get him onboard. 

However, in this day and age of everything online, applications must be done via a website including sending proof of ID. Pretty simple you would think? Scan birth certificate and P60, send it, sorted. If only it were that simple. So far, we've sent his P60 4 times (which has now been accepted) and his birth certificate 5 times, each time rescanning them. Each time they get rejected they come with an automatically generated reply listing the criteria but NOT what's wrong with the copy that we have sent. Criteria include "all 4 corners of the document must be shown" etc etc

The closing date has now passed and he has lost heart with the idea, which is a ***** shame as it would have done him the world of good and he would have really enjoyed it, I mean what 18 year old boy wouldn't enjoy being paid to drive? 

If we could find the copy of his ID from his last application it would be a doddle but we can't find it 🙄

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I know what you mean. I've helped people who are even more useless with IT than I am (which takes some doing!) with Tesco applications. Ridiculously complicated for jobs like this - if you were applying to be Finance Director or something, fair enough, but for driving or shelf replenishment, etc - completely over the top.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I know what you mean. I've helped people who are even more useless with IT than I am (which takes some doing!) with Tesco applications. Ridiculously complicated for jobs like this - if you were applying to be Finance Director or something, fair enough, but for driving or shelf replenishment, etc - completely over the top.

Exactly what we said, it's as if you're applying for a position in the CIA or MI5! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Any tips on how to get a copy of the birth certificate accepted? 

It states that you can use a photo of it but I'm struggling to get a decent pic. 🙄

2 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Any tips on how to get a copy of the birth certificate accepted? 

It states that you can use a photo of it but I'm struggling to get a decent pic. 🙄

Some time since I've done it now - no doubt they've made it even harder since then. I think I would have scanned the document in to my device/computer using the scan facility in my printer/copier. I know I have used the photo option for other documents, but as you say it's hard to get an undistorted image. 

• Thanks 1

@TomsFocus was just looking at some train fares from Euston station to Manchester. Its about £45 which isn't too bad. The travel time is estimated at 2 hours and 40 mins 😭. So it takes me about 40 minutes to get from home to the station then probably have to add some more time for travelling from the station to the uni. 

49 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Some time since I've done it now - no doubt they've made it even harder since then. I think I would have scanned the document in to my device/computer using the scan facility in my printer/copier. I know I have used the photo option for other documents, but as you say it's hard to get an undistorted image. 

Yeah, used the scanner at umpteen different settings, the last one was at its most detailed and it took 20 minutes to complete! And still it was rejected!

I've just taken a photo of it on my phone at its highest setting, including all 4 corners, and sent that off for him. 

He doesn't know I've done it for him so I'll wait and see if he's happy about it or not when he comes home from work! 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

I mean what 18 year old boy wouldn't enjoy being paid to drive? 

They must've changed the job criteria a lot since I was younger and home deliveries were only just becoming available. 
When I did delivery driving for various companies (inc Asda and Ocado), the criteria was age 21 with 3 years driving experience and maximum 6 points for driving jobs.

In some places it was 25 and over for insurance purposes. 

15 hours ago, Lenny said:

I held one in Ireland before; its crazy how we may develop a mental image of someone which is totally different to how they actually look, 

I'm quite shy in Full Reality HD 

The mental image thing is so weird, not just image either, I read posts in different accents as well, it's so weird when I meet people and their accent isn't the right one!  :laugh:  

14 hours ago, Incontro said:

Myself - I'm very talkative and a bit of a goof in person. My friends rate my banter though. 

Goofy and Donald Duck...  The mental image is strong with this one! :laugh:  

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

I applied for Tesco several times (before I was quite so useless) as I have two stores in easy walking distance!  Was refused almost every time.  Do you still have to do the online aptitude test?  I always fail those as I'm obviously not the 'normal' shopper, I don't want any customer service, I just want the staff to leave me alone...not under any circumstances to ask if I want any help! :laugh:  

When I did finally get an interview I was asked some daft questions like 'which supermarket do I prefer'...  I said Tesco because it's close and cheap...  Turns out I was meant to say Waitrose as that was their aspiration...as if a 23 y/o on JSA had ever shopped at Waitrose!! :laugh:  I think they've changed their ideas now though, and compete with LIDL and ALDI instead, just stock one type of each product and sell it as cheaply as possible. :sad: 

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus was just looking at some train fares from Euston station to Manchester. Its about £45 which isn't too bad. The travel time is estimated at 2 hours and 40 mins 😭. So it takes me about 40 minutes to get from home to the station then probably have to add some more time for travelling from the station to the uni. 

That's a lot of time travelling! :sad:  You'll be knackered before you even get there lol. Would you do that every day or stay at a Travelodge for a night or two each week?

• Like 1

Don't like being back home ! Cold, wet dreary England. Roads around us are closed due to flooded roads. Parts of the town are cut off from main centre. And we all drive around in these little cars!! Lol

• Haha 1

I don't like Lenny's nostalgia trip about meets sending me into the HDD of 'pre laptop' pics looking at old car pictures... :laugh: 

December 2010 first 306 meet!  4 of us turned up, average age 19!  Mines the blue one.

Photo-0005.thumb.jpg.575ecc0815fa2b02d47e09fd85fff7cd.jpg

May 2011 we had about 14 turn up!  (Mines a different blue one)

Photo-0054.thumb.jpg.8d4a105ed55a91ce1c91d830a09bc7c7.jpg

Photo-0053.thumb.jpg.d3774a5a38a671787ccbe8247c6289ae.jpg

But then I realised I've taken the wrong car to every 306 meet since! :laugh:  Didn't takes pics at most of them but I'm sure you can spot me in these two. :lol: 

302064638_golfaltonwater.thumb.jpg.e88a5861936418526d2b98210d5aff70.jpg

IMG_20170909_131428669.thumb.jpg.b3361d482a3e70a6595970b687fc556d.jpg

So yeah, if someone fancies organising a Ford meet that I could ruin with a Golf, that'd be ideal! :lol:  Have also been to the odd mixed manufacturer meet. :wink: 

IMG_20160420_194712365_HDR.thumb.jpg.cf13444c5f9c0fbf53b524bdfae4eb10.jpg

IMG_20160718_205006001_HDR.thumb.jpg.46917fbfdc3b24621bfc7ae01d7f84bb.jpg

I used to be cool.  What happened? :sad: 

• Like 2

@tomfocus I have a Dublin accent mixed with bray accent which is half wicklow half Dublin 

Just like the show "Darklands" 

I used to have a wea northern accent as I was born and reared in louth as a wea Gaston 

I used to look after the focus really well; now it hasn't been washed in over two years 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:
Have also been to the odd mixed manufacturer meet. wink.gif 

So has everyone who thought they were going to a single manufacturer meet only to find you there in your Golf!

24 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:
I used to be cool.  What happened? sad.gif  

You mean after your Peugeot phase? :tongue:

(My first car was a 205, and not the GTI, so I can't talk.)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

You mean after you Peugeot phase? wink.gif

I mean really it was just for about 6 months in 2016 when I had a GTi-6 Followed by an ST150... :laugh: 

12 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I used to look after the focus really well; now it hasn't been washed in over two years 

My cars spend 95% of the time dirty, rural roads are the issue!  :sad: 

Photo-0143.thumb.jpg.0a9ce6dbdd2a853683c191eb178641d7.jpg

• Like 2

Was only joking about the Peugeot thing - the GTIs were cool.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Persistent leak from the sunroof in my (309) GTI plus drivers door window that kept falling down inside the door, ensured I usually felt pretty cool (and damp) in mine😀

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

They were, shame I couldn't afford one at the time!  :lol:

The dirty blue one above is probably the best one I owned during the 'Peugeot phase', it was only a 1.4 Meridian (comfort spec, half leather seats, leather wheel and knob, auto wipers, climate control, front and rear electric windows, electric mirrors, RCL, audio remote etc) but with GTi6 alloys, spoiler and splitter; massive JBL sub & amp, K&N induction kit, rare ABM projector headlights, dropped around 40mm on Koni adjustable shocks & springs, and the rear TB dropped to match. 

I did feel pretty cool in that one...it lasted a whole 11 months too! :biggrin:

Yeah, I put GTI wheels on my 1.1 205 as well :cool:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Persistent leak from the sunroof in my (309) GTI plus drivers door window that kept falling down inside the door, ensured I usually felt pretty cool (and damp) in mine😀

That was very forward thinking of the time!  Helps to keep the driver alert! :biggrin:

I never did risk buying one with a sunroof as they all seemed to leak!  AC ftw. :wink:

I wonder what accent I have in your head @TomsFocus 😂.

On a side note, as I’m visiting my friend in Norwich who can’t drive and I have no car, we had to go wait to get a bus into town. Waited for 40 mins at a freezing and dark bus stop, 2 buses were supposed to come in that time and neither turned up. No wonder I just drive everywhere I can!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

On a side note, as I’m visiting my friend in Norwich who can’t drive and I have no car, we had to go wait to get a bus into town. Waited for 40 mins at a freezing and dark bus stop, 2 buses were supposed to come in that time and neither turned up. No wonder I just drive everywhere I can!

And the government are saying to use public transport more!! Yeah right. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Haha, I might regret saying that now! :laugh:

Yours is almost certainly wrong...for some reason I automatically assume everyone younger than me has a higher voice, and everyone older a lower voice... :lol:

But in my mind you're quite well spoken, hit all the T's correctly, no strong accent but have a 'sloight Midlands twanG' on certain words...

I wouldn't risk a bus in Norwich in the dark...  Rather pay for a taxi lol!  :unsure: I have a few car mates up in Norwich...only ever been there once though, was back in 2012, went to help with an engine swap in...yep, a 306! :laugh:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iantt said:

And the government are saying to use public transport more!! Yeah right. 

Your lucky your not in London. Public transport is efficient. I get impatient waiting less than 10 minutes for the overground train as the underground trains come every minute 😂. Luckily I also have a freedom pass so free travel there. 

When a easy new blank key cut turns into a big job, Donut of a person glued everything is so bust blade end of fob and crushed transponder chip as all yellow glue.
Topic on Fiesta about my problems.[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club