Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like that it has barely gone midday and I've decided I shouldn't have got out of bed this morning!

Just went to get something out of the fridge and noticed the temperature was about 6°C which is 2°C above what it should be...  So I moved the knob up a number which would usually result in the compressor immediately kicking in but nothing happened :ohmy:

Thank goodness after 10 minutes (no idea why the delay) I've just heard the compressor run now so hopefully that'll bring it back down and it isn't broken.  Honestly that is the last thing I need right now!

Oh yes and before this I went out to try the 405 again with 5L in the tank, but after only 5 seconds of cranking the negative battery terminal (one of those quick release screw on types) started smoking!! 

So to summarise both cars have given me problems, I wasted diesel going into town twice and nearly had a heart attack just now thinking the fridge-freezer had broken. 

If it were a few hours later I'd pour a whisky.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I think most places that normally open on Sunday are open today, with the exception of Dealz/Poundland apparently.

The Western Isles observe the Sabbath still I think more than we do although I can remember a time growing up on one of the outer islands when hanging your washing out on Sunday was frowned upon! 

I remember someone at work told me that too!

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Sneaky edit above haha! :tongue:  

Lol yes, I altered it to put in the actual time of the store I used today! Good to see you're alert!😀

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

If it were a few hours later I'd pour a whisky.

Not that I'm encouraging early drinking but remember.......

Hope your day improves from now on.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol yes, I altered it to put in the actual time of the store I used today! Good to see you're alert!😀

I've been super alert for the last couple of days...looks like it only took 3 weeks of complete social isolation to remove my usual fatigue & lethargy! :whistling: 

Very annoying having no outlet for all this energy though! :laugh:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I've been super alert for the last couple of days...looks like it only took 3 weeks of complete social isolation to remove my usual fatigue & lethargy! :whistling: 

Very annoying having no outlet for all this energy though! :laugh:  

I wish I could say the same for me!  Maybe another 3 weeks will do the trick...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Not that I'm encouraging early drinking but remember.......

Hope your day improves from now on.

I haven't heard that song in a long time - very true!  To be honest I could go for a lie down I'm completely exhausted.

• Like 1

So, last night I thought I'd treat myself to some Pomegranate Presse (because I'm manly like that!)...  At the first sip I managed to inhale some froth and spend the next 2 minutes choking and unable to breath, and the next half hour being unable to swallow without my throat spasming...  So that went well! 🤦‍♂️   I should just stick to water! :laugh: 

• Like 2

I'm surprised how quiet it is today. People must be really busy 😶

I'm surprised how quiet it is today. People must be really busy [emoji55]
Depressed more like, or tired like me.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

We've all run out of rubbish to post about.... :yawn:

I'm just in the process of forcing myself to Tesco this morning (really don't want to go this time tbh!) so I'm sure I'll have some don't likes when I get back! :biggrin:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

We've all run out of rubbish to post about

Perfect opportunity to get the positivity thread post count up then! Always annoys me that there’s far more pages on this one

1 hour ago, The Finance Guy said:

Perfect opportunity to get the positivity thread post count up then! Always annoys me that there’s far more pages on this one

I don't do positivity at the best of times, let alone during Lockdown! 

Especially when Tesco and the roads are already full of old people at 8am that can't manage 30 or maintain a constant speed, let alone follow arrows round the store, stay 2 metres apart or cough considerably...they even have their own specific hour to go there that the rest of us are trying to avoid which they're ignoring!! 😡

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't do positivity at the best of times, let alone during Lockdown! 

Especially when Tesco and the roads are already full of old people at 8am that can't manage 30 or maintain a constant speed, let alone follow arrows round the store, stay 2 metres apart or cough considerably...they even have their own specific hour to go there that the rest of us are trying to avoid which they're ignoring!! 😡

Best to go early and try and get there whilst the queue isn't as long. I went to that sainsburys where I got my beard trimmer from and arrived at 10:10am and waited till 12pm to get to the front of the queue. 

I'm honestly going through some moments for the past few days. Few days back I started feeling really happy about myself that I don't have to worry about any girl I liked as I tried moving away from the current one. For the past two days I had dreams about her and now imagining that if I do ever see her again I will talk seriously to her about how I feel and how she feels about me and if she would want to take the next step forward. 

It's funny also this ad came up on the dont like forum page we're on. Doesn't help 😭

Screenshot_20200414-102141.png

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm just in the process of forcing myself to Tesco this morning (really don't want to go this time tbh!)

Same,
So far I've been shopping at Morrison's near my Mum & Auntie to do their shopping,
Not been to my usual Tesco Extra for a month and pondered getting up super early this morning, it didn't work out lol.
I'd like to go late evening but half the stuff will be sold out, and living on a terrace street where nobody is moving, there's rarely a space in street to park.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Best to go early and try and get there whilst the queue isn't as long. I went to that sainsburys where I got my beard trimmer from and arrived at 10:10am and waited till 12pm to get to the front of the queue. 

They only opened at 8...don't think they'd let me in earlier than that! :biggrin:   I got there at 8.15 guessing that anyone waiting outside before they opened would have got in by then.  That was a good guess as there wasn't a queue to get inside at all luckily.  It was just where people weren't following the arrows around the store causing trolley jams that queues were building up instore.

Not sure what to suggest regarding girls man...that's really not my area! :laugh:  Worth saying those dreams probably won't ever stop though...I still have dreams (or nightmares!) about people and places from 10, 15, 20 years ago!  I'll give you a giggle though, I had one the other night about a girl I used to go to school with, haven't seen her for about 10 years in real life, but know she's married now...  Anyway, we were both in a flat in a tall block and she kept falling over as if she was drunk or drugged or something, she got up and sat on the bed, I sat next to her to comfort her and she jumped back, got really mad and asked what the f**k I thought I was doing!  :unsure: :laugh: :lol: 

30 minutes ago, RAIDER32 said:

Same,
So far I've been shopping at Morrison's near my Mum & Auntie to do their shopping,
Not been to my usual Tesco Extra for a month and pondered getting up super early this morning, it didn't work out lol.
I'd like to go late evening but half the stuff will be sold out, and living on a terrace street where nobody is moving, there's rarely a space in street to park.

Have you checked opening times of that Tesco Extra?  Ours is only open 8am-10pm now so can't really go super early or late!  So far I've been just after 8am every Tuesday and have got in no trouble at all.  Also drove past the Tesco Metro to get fuel this morning around 10am and that looked empty too, barely any cars in the car park and definitely no queues outside.  I had planned to get up early enough to get fuel before heading to Tesco Extra for 8.15 but that didn't happen lol.

Stocks seemed to be pretty good now, only things I couldn't get today were wipes and kitchen sponges...they even had loads of own brand anti-bac soap on the shelves (500ml for 75p) which I haven't been able to get for about a month.  I know that's in the morning but they had so much I can't see it selling out by the evening.  They also have a tonne of reduced Easter Eggs if you like chocolate...some are as cheap at 18p!!

Every week there seems to be new 'procedures' in Tesco though, all the self checkouts now have their own walls this week, felt like scanning my shopping in a public toilet! :unsure: :laugh:  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Have you checked opening times of that Tesco Extra?  Ours is only open 8am-10pm now so can't really go super early or late!

Yeh mine is open 6am - 10pm,
Thought about going for 7am this morning before the elderly turn up, but got distracted by a Podcast on YouTube until 2am so cancelled the alarm lol.
I'm not doing too bad for food so I can top up at Morrison's, I've had no problems there so far, unlike what I've seen for my nearest Asda & Tesco.

• Like 1

Even though it's lovely and hot in the garden,the neighbours young kids are screaming and playing in there garden , and more annoying is one of the neighbours that backs onto my garden is coughing there guts up!!! I know I shouldn't be insensitive but really? Can't they all go indoors!!!! 

I'm only joking before I get a grilling off you all. 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't like hearing about my 71 year old dad whom has helped me alot in this thread here:

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/

Has confirmed case of COVID-19, haven't saw him in over a year, 

Phoned me last week and said he wasn't feeling the best but heard I was part of working on a few materials for a number of vaccines and that he was proud to hear it; which I thought was all a bit weird of him to do, as he generally tells me about other people whom are doing well for themselves but never his own kids,

now today I hear hes in hospital, 

I live around 190 miles away, he was in italy eight weeks ago 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Indeed, best wishes for your Father Lenny.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lenny said:

I don't like hearing about my 71 year old dad whom has helped me alot in this thread here:

Phoned me last week and said he wasn't feeling the best but heard I was part of working on a few materials for a number of vaccines and that he was proud to hear it; which I thought was all a bit weird of him to do, as he generally tells me about other people whom are doing well for themselves but never his own kids,

All the best for your dad at these hard times Lenny.

• Thanks 1

Have just paid for another 12 months for Kaspersky Total Security which i can't fault for last 3 years BUT.

The VPN is no good at all and won’t pay extra for that...Do you use  VPN and are they safe and cheap as Kaspersky is rated rubbish and a lot per year.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lenny said:

praying for him hope he recovers Lenny

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hope your father recovers Lenny, will keep him in my prayers.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club