Top Posters In This Topic

• jmurray01

• TomsFocus

• GMX

• zain611

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

wtf!!! that was a lucky escape, when you said about parking the merc up off road due to mot running out, i wasnt expecting that. i would cancel the mot booking though. glad to here your ok.

Had some tool in a bronze coloured, 20 plate Suzuki Swift go flying past me on the inside lane this evening while I was going 70 in my work car. He shortly slammed the anchors on due to two cars in fr

Posted Images

I don't like that Chrome and Android Webview still won't update on my phone.

I've seen various solutions online about force stops, uninstalls and cache clearing but nothings worked.  I don't want to uninstall Chrome as I'll lose my saved passwords etc.

Any other suggestions?

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like that Chrome and Android Webview still won't update on my phone.

I've seen various solutions online about force stops, uninstalls and cache clearing but nothings worked.  I don't want to uninstall Chrome as I'll lose my saved passwords etc.

Any other suggestions?

You able to save your user details before clearing cache etc.? It's sometimes the need to do thing before an app 'unclogs' itself and starts to automatically update/work again. I don't personally use a password tool but something like LastPass (https://www.lastpass.com/) allows you to store your login details securely and then just use that to log into sites if you need to. Not sure how it works with Android but worth taking a look.

Well this is weird.  They hadn't updated for months.

Just had a dropdown notification to update them...thought I might as well click it...and they both just updated in about 30 seconds. :unsure:. I assume that all my messing earlier must have done something...but with several hours delay!

So got an interview tomorrow for a healthcare support worker job in my local hospital. Not really the job I want to get into as I do not know how I'll progress up in my career from there. Mainly applied as mum is still pushing me into the science field.

Thing is I'm currently training in a local estate agent from home plus doing the revision for the mortgage advisor qualification. Plan that I start working there in the estate agent, pass the first exam second time round then start visiting mortgage brokers to see if they could take me on as a trainee.

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Just spent 15 minutes trying to use my Dell 'reward' on a laptop case before reading this.  Not much of a reward if you have to spend £100 to get it! :g::dry:

DellRewards.thumb.jpg.f1283b0e2edeffc49de2e635e2c691c8.jpg

(Also, as basket doesn't start with a vowel it should be 'a', not 'an'... :whistling: )

I am surprised that clause was not written in the fine print.

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Just spent 15 minutes trying to use my Dell 'reward' on a laptop case before reading this.  Not much of a reward if you have to spend £100 to get it! :g::dry:

(Also, as basket doesn't start with a vowel it should be 'a', not 'an'... :whistling: )

So when you buy a Dell do you get a laptop or an album 😄

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

So got an interview tomorrow for a healthcare support worker job in my local hospital. Not really the job I want to get into as I do not know how I'll progress up in my career from there. Mainly applied as mum is still pushing me into the science field.

Thing is I'm currently training in a local estate agent from home plus doing the revision for the mortgage advisor qualification. Plan that I start working there in the estate agent, pass the first exam second time round then start visiting mortgage brokers to see if they could take me on as a trainee.

Can you not start up as an independent mortgage advisor/ broker ? 

7 minutes ago, FiestaForever said:

I am surprised that clause was not written in the fine print.

It is in the small print but I didn't read it first.  It just didn't occur to me that a 'reward' would have a minimum spend, let alone one 6 times it's value.

Daft really, as they'll lose the sale now.  I don't need anything for £100 on there.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

#Sour 

😅

4 hours ago, Wino said:

Can you not start up as an independent mortgage advisor/ broker ? 

I think I could but generally it would be good if I started working as one, built up a client portfolio then create my own brokerage. At least then I've got clients rather than searching for them

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

good luck with the interview, sure you will smash it😉

I really do not like it when you have home contents insurance, with accidental damage on the policy, and the insurance company try to wriggle there way out of paying out for a claim in every single which way that they can, even when it is accidental damage that occurred.🙄

What I like even less is when they do not contact you for a whole month at a time and expect you to be a mind reader and understand that they need further information submitted. 😒

What I like far, far less is when the insurance company refuse to pay out on the claim when they say that the information you provide is all lies, and there are inconsistencies, and that their decision to repudiate the claim is based on pure nonsense that can be proven, with the evidence submitted, to be a decision that is wholly wrong.😬

I mean who in the world buys a 49" 4K tv that is without a stand, and literally balance said tv it on top of a table top!! Are these people moronic??

They refuse to pay for the reason that the tv was not used in the way that the manufacturer recommended. I told them from the start that it was on a wall mounted swivel bracket, but because they never asked for photos of that then it never existed, even though an invoice has been submitted to them showing them it was purchased the same time as the tv was!

On 2/5/2021 at 10:29 AM, zain611 said:

How did the interview go mate, and how was it held online or in person? 

54 minutes ago, Turvey said:

@BigLenforgot to post this earlier 😃 but from left to right.

'52 Chevy pickup Mattel 

'64 Riviera Hotwheels 

'67 Chevy Hotwheels

'57 Chevy Matchbox

IMG_20210129_154137622.jpg

I like the '64 Riviera 👍

I've gotten our eldest daughter to label each shelf with her Dyno labeler, I've since arranged the cars in formation and need to get her to label under each vehicle to correspond,

Waiting for a few to arrive from Texas in the big US for tha Japanese side got some modified 70's models 

IMG-20210204-WA0002.thumb.jpg.2ae4b60783d35926b4a593830367d763.jpg

IMG-20210204-WA0003.thumb.jpg.3a2a41164f3e6602cccec81b381c6e6e.jpg

My favourite is this Siku Haribo Porsche 911 bought from Germany

IMG-20210204-WA0001.thumb.jpg.6817107744283c215ac87b7b09544161.jpg

Then our son can take them out in any form he wants, also thought my daughter how to create a data base on Microsoft Access, has each vehicle by name and stock location, we have to photograph each one now and add it to the details on Microsoft Access.

IMG-20210131-WA0010.thumb.jpg.9ebc5ed1b63b0b4fb1e815527f0a857c.jpg

Got these Premium Team Transport sets in the attic for him to sell or keep when he's older 

IMG-20210117-WA0015.thumb.jpg.967b51ace096f0dffd0f0eba48e32b4c.jpg

They release five or six different models each year, some go up in price alot after a year, all start at 20 pounds some great detail in them, I pre-booked the 2021 set which arrived last week straight from Mattel nice Advan skyline and truck combination, 

Here's a premium Japanese historics 70's skyline

IMG-20210203-WA0003.thumb.jpg.62a9adf5ab057b8a84b26fbbb58d41c1.jpg

IMG-20210203-WA0004.thumb.jpg.8e643ba03601f632d58262daac925bc4.jpg

IMG-20210203-WA0002.thumb.jpg.7224ece6e4da024001768fbb3d15e266.jpg

I also like the Falken mercedes, great quality and details proper rubber wheels on the premium models. 

c3adb97986b61af95859ce98ec485e76.jpeg.thumb.jpg.5cb6fb30c77106f2042c6d6a13c176df.jpg

IMG_20210207_140013.thumb.jpg.b9116f7e6af0903d228b63a23972fb17.jpg

Some collection you're getting there @BigLen😎 anything in particular you're wanting to add to it? I think there's a couple of tubs sitting at work full of them, which is where I got these. All been played with, no boxes I'm afraid. Not sure what's there, I just took out the American ones 😃

45 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Some collection you're getting there @BigLen😎 anything in particular you're wanting to add to it? I think there's a couple of tubs sitting at work full of them, which is where I got these. All been played with, no boxes I'm afraid. Not sure what's there, I just took out the American ones 😃

Thanks mate,

And thanks for offering but I've got almost everything required now, just waiting on pay day and a few deliveries to complete it,

Can't get a cheap 1/64 white Toyota chaser

I've been like a kid in a sweet shop since Christmas, sourcing vehicles of the same category to fit together, even got some Hotwheels Formula one vehicles from McDonald's happy meal back in 1999 picked them up brand new still in packaging from eBay UK, overall collection stands at near €900 now.

There's even various types of wheels and spoiler available in 1\64 scale on eBay, 

They all come together nicely in the room and offer plenty to look at.

On 2/6/2021 at 4:32 PM, BigLen said:

How did the interview go mate, and how was it held online or in person? 

@FiestaForever 

Interview went okay. Ive been volunteering in that hospital where that job post was for almost 5 years now. 

There were 140 people they called for the job on that day 😬. Because of that could tell the staff were pressured. The interview went quickly just about 3-4 minutes then after went with a guy I believe who is the coach for the job giving me a piece of paper listing skills and behaviours and telling me to tick one in competency for most of them. Not too keen on this role as I'm doing the other stuff in estate agents.

Continued with my estate agent training and now just been told to call a few people looking at buying properties to confirm a few details which were missed out by the sales negotiator.

Gotten nervous as I'd don't normally call people but I'm sure after my first call I'll be happy to call others 😂

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

@FiestaForever 

Interview went okay. Ive been volunteering in that hospital where that job post was for almost 5 years now. 

There were 140 people they called for the job on that day 😬. Because of that could tell the staff were pressured. The interview went quickly just about 3-4 minutes then after went with a guy I believe who is the coach for the job giving me a piece of paper listing skills and behaviours and telling me to tick one in competency for most of them. Not too keen on this role as I'm doing the other stuff in estate agents.

Continued with my estate agent training and now just been told to call a few people looking at buying properties to confirm a few details which were missed out by the sales negotiator.

Gotten nervous as I'd don't normally call people but I'm sure after my first call I'll be happy to call others 😂

You volunteer at a hospital, well done Zain, we could do with more kind hearted people like you in the world.

wow 140 peeps, I would expect they might be a bit overstretched, as per usual.

Yeah talking with people on the phone for work situations can feel a bit strange. I was looking at customer service jobs a while back and found the concept could be rather strange and it was like feeling like it could be a difficult situation to get my head around, but like you say when you have done it once or twice you get a good idea of what is expected of you and learn how to handle peoples queries.

I don't like my Aviva car insurance renewal quote coming through at £491. Paid £365 last year which is an increase of £126 but I've got a quote through Direct Line who've come up with £318 so a massive difference of £173!!

1 hour ago, Zico said:

I don't like my Aviva car insurance renewal quote coming through at £491. Paid £365 last year which is an increase of £126 but I've got a quote through Direct Line who've come up with £318 so a massive difference of £173!!

Your Sooo money supermarket Zico 😅

To be honest I was due a slap in the face at some time with Aviva as the last few years it's been creeping up but still cheaper than elsewhere. This time round Direct Line have taken things back down but the only thing is I need to call them later today as I had to use the nextdoor flat address as I couldn't enter mine on the quote. If I'm whining tomorrow then Direct Line will have clearly waved a red rag at the Money supermarket bull 🤣