Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I should update this as a 'do like'...  The occupier of that property did return the parcel to me a few days later. There are a few decent humans left.  :smile: 

Good to see there's still a few of us good folk about 👼

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

At least you didn't have to look through 50 photos selecting the ones with cars in them LOL

Had to do that last week; when looking for a good purchase 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Don't like my hot water tank leaking in the cupboard yet again... :sad:

Was only a month ago when I last regenerated it.  The spur tap is getting really stiff now as well so I daren't touch it any more.  Anyone used one of the those pipe freezing collars or similar?  

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't like my hot water tank leaking in the cupboard yet again... :sad:

Was only a month ago when I last regenerated it.  The spur tap is getting really stiff now as well so I daren't touch it any more.  Anyone used one of the those pipe freezing collars or similar?  

I have no idea what you are talking about, hence I am absolutely positive I am not qualified to offer any advice! 😄

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

pipe freezing collars or similar?  

Yes, used one on a 15mm  pipe to a radiator with a stuck valve. Took about 15 - 20 mins to freeze the pipe and held fast for at least 10 or more minutes while I replaced the valve. The stuff is not that cheap but can save a lot of time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Yes, used one on a 15mm  pipe to a radiator with a stuck valve. Took about 15 - 20 mins to freeze the pipe and held fast for at least 10 or more minutes while I replaced the valve. The stuff is not that cheap but can save a lot of time.

Thanks, not sure that's going to work then.  Takes around 20-30 minutes to drain down the tank.

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I have no idea what you are talking about, hence I am absolutely positive I am not qualified to offer any advice! 😄

I've got an unvented hot water tank as there's no space for a cold water tank to vent back into in the flat.  So it has to have a large air bubble inside for the hot water to expand into as it heats up.  When the air bubble disappears (poor seal inside the tank/limescale damage presumably) the water runs out through a pressure release valve and past a small gap in the pipe (tundish) so you can see when it's leaking... it's meant to go outside...  But due to some sort of magic, and fluid dynamics, mine runs out through the tundish and into the carpet. :rolleyes:

Regenerating the air bubble is simple in theory...turn off the water, open the hot tap in the bathroom, open the pressure release valve...water runs from the tap down the sink and air is sucked back into the tank through the open valve.  

However, once the tap is full of limescale, it's not such a simple process any more. :unsure:

The alternative is to turn off the main stopcock, but that means 30 mins without even cold water for the loo...and I can't always get down the stairs now so daren't risk turning it off just in case.

Currently have a pot there to catch the water but it's not really a long term solution.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Thanks, not sure that's going to work then.  Takes around 20-30 minutes to drain down the tank.

I've got an unvented hot water tank as there's no space for a cold water tank to vent back into in the flat.  So it has to have a large air bubble inside for the hot water to expand into as it heats up.  When the air bubble disappears (poor seal inside the tank/limescale damage presumably) the water runs out through a pressure release valve and past a small gap in the pipe (tundish) so you can see when it's leaking... it's meant to go outside...  But due to some sort of magic, and fluid dynamics, mine runs out through the tundish and into the carpet. :rolleyes:

Regenerating the air bubble is simple in theory...turn off the water, open the hot tap in the bathroom, open the pressure release valve...water runs from the tap down the sink and air is sucked back into the tank through the open valve.  

However, once the tap is full of limescale, it's not such a simple process any more. :unsure:

The alternative is to turn off the main stopcock, but that means 30 mins without even cold water for the loo...and I can't always get down the stairs now so daren't risk turning it off just in case.

Currently have a pot there to catch the water but it's not really a long term solution.

You need to get that looked at Tom. The downstream pipework from the Tundish should be at least 22mm, sometimes bigger for longer runs with a lot of bends and should discharge safely outside. If it has been installed correctly no water should leak into the house.

I can't help thinking that there is either a problem with your T & P Valve or the Thermostat is not working. If the water is more than 90 odd degrees when being discharged then there is a problem with the Thermostat.

There should also be a pressure reducing valve on the Mains Feed. If not then excess mains pressure could also cause the valve to open. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tizer said:

You need to get that looked at Tom. The downstream pipework from the Tundish should be at least 22mm, sometimes bigger for longer runs with a lot of bends and should discharge safely outside. If it has been installed correctly no water should leak into the house.

I can't help thinking that there is either a problem with your T & P Valve or the Thermostat is not working. If the water is more than 90 odd degrees when being discharged then there is a problem with the Thermostat.

There should also be a pressure reducing valve on the Mains Feed. If not then excess mains pressure could also cause the valve to open. 

It's been the same for over 6 years since I moved in.  Tried to have it looked at back then but the lettings agent didn't understand the issue, sent an incorrect letter to all the flats about every hot water tank having to be replaced causing huge amounts of stress, and then just sent a normal plumber that didn't understand the system to 'service' them.  He told me it couldn't leak as the valve was 'all or nothing' (as if I'd made it up!) and proceeded to just drain the water and refill it...  

Walking around the car park you can see the ones in the other flats all leak as well, though I don't know if they also suffer the wet carpet.  It's only at the rate of a dribble so it 'clings' to the pipe wall and then runs out around the tundish, in the same way a kettle or teapot dribbles down the spout.  Oddly, sometimes it can drip for months without ever going on the carpet...not sure if the heat cycles warp the pipe just enough to stop the effect or something like that.  I've just been regenerating it every few months over the last few years.

I'm desperately trying to find a more suitable property now though (ground floor for a start!) but could write a huge don't like post on that so will leave that there! :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Need some advice from you grown men 😂.

I put on here before I got a girl on YouTube commenting on there and messaging me. Past few days she started talking to me on a YouTube comment. I noticed she watches certain religious YouTubers like me and replies to my comments on them.

From what I've learnt she's a mental health nurse. She really likes messaging me through there asking how I am, good night, morning etc. She added me on tiktok but said for me not to message her through there. Just wondering what should I do. There was another guy messaging her through one of her YouTube short videos and she's talking sweet to him like she is with me.

Should I continue messaging her or just leave it? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I put on here before I got a girl on YouTube commenting on there and messaging me. Past few days she started talking to me on a YouTube comment. I noticed she watches certain religious YouTubers like me and replies to my comments on them.

From what I've learnt she's a mental health nurse. She really likes messaging me through there asking how I am, good night, morning etc. She added me on tiktok but said for me not to message her through there. Just wondering what should I do. There was another guy messaging her through one of her YouTube short videos and she's talking sweet to him like she is with me.

Unlimited free mental health treatment?  Definitely stick with her! :wink: :biggrin:

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Why are things so complicated now? 🙄 😀

Can't really help you as 'back in the day' we used to meet in pubs and clubs etc or through friends or work.

I've been married (this time) for 27 years so I'm well out of touch with you youngsters!  👴👵

Sorry it's not very helpful but I hope you find the girl of your dreams and you'll live happily ever after 👨‍❤️‍👨

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Can't really help you as 'back in the day' we used to meet in pubs and clubs etc or through friends or work.

I've been married (this time) for 27 years so I'm well out of touch with you youngsters!  👴👵

Sorry it's not very helpful but I hope you find the girl of your dreams and you'll live happily ever after 👨‍❤️‍👨

I was the same in my teens. Pubs, clubs,friends mates etc. even CB radio in the late 70's early 80's chatting to potential dates but wasn't a private chat will all those around listening. 😂😂

I'm too out of touch with you youngsters. 

My present partner I found on match.com . Worked for me as we been together 13 yrs. 

Is the nut case nurse local to you so you can stalk her up close? 

Is there a link to her you tube so we can check her out ? 😜😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, iantt said:

I was the same in my teens. Pubs, clubs,friends mates etc. even CB radio in the late 70's early 80's chatting to potential dates but wasn't a private chat will all those around listening. 😂😂

I too am an ex CBer LOL My handle was, 'TransAm', well, Smokey & the Bandit had just been released. Of course, it lost it's fun when it became legal in the early 80s!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

well don't message her through TicToc for a start,

YouTube is an open platform, its easy for others to see your comments and try to stir the pot, 

use your Gutt feeling, give her your email,  

then if she asks you to subscribe to her onlyfans then you know she's a definite player dipping for tips, 

My wife and your potential partner would get along really well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Unlimited free mental health treatment?  Definitely stick with her! :wink: :biggrin:

Could just go to the mental health department in A&E where I work and book a room for myself 😂.

30 minutes ago, iantt said:

I'm too out of touch with you youngsters. 

My present partner I found on match.com . Worked for me as we been together 13 yrs. 

Is the nut case nurse local to you so you can stalk her up close? 

Is there a link to her you tube so we can check her out ? 😜😜

Lol I haven't asked where she works. Just talking to her casually. She just has random funny tiktok videos on her YouTube. She posted one up so that I can message her through the comments section through there and she can message me. 

44 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Lol to be honest since my last heartbreak and working two jobs I'm not too interested in thinking about marriage as of yet. Especially someone I do not know on YouTube 😂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BigLen said:

well don't message her through TicToc for a start,

YouTube is an open platform, its easy for others to see your comments and try to stir the pot, 

use your Gutt feeling, give her your email,  

then if she asks you to subscribe to her onlyfans then you know she's a definite player dipping for tips, 

My wife and your potential partner would get along really well. 

Lol by the sound of it she has a hard life and sounds to be restricted by family. Even said her family won't be happy with her speaking to boys. She says some silly things and said to me I'm sorry I sound weird. 

To be honest I feel like being her therapist and seeing if she is okay rather than having a relationship with someone who I don't know.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lol to be honest since my last heartbreak and working two jobs I'm not too interested in thinking about marriage as of yet. Especially someone I do not know on YouTube 😂

Sometimes there the best type 😅 especially after working two jobs,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Sorry if offends anyone but all the people I know who work in the mental health profession are a bit eccentric too, not in a bad way but their outlook on life can be different because what they perceive as normal is not necessarily the same as the majority of the population. That doesn't necessarily make it wrong. 

Don't let that put you off, just my personal observations from my own experiences. Chatting to her on social media is perfectly ok and will help your own social skills if you are not very experienced with the opposite s*x as long as you realise that it is just a bit of fun, which is probably what she is doing if she is genuine 

The other thing that you should be aware of is that there are a lot of scams going around and even intelligent people can get taken in. 

Have fun but be careful.

• Like 4

Lol she's been chatting up another guy who's been messaging her on her other video she took from tiktok. One if his comments was saying he's 15 years older than her so it wouldn't work out. 

She said to me very recently that is it wrong to like someone 15 years older. This guy seems like he's gone blind over her putting XX at the end of each message 🤣

Screenshot_20210828-221424.png

• Like 1

I aint that keen on the idea  that when some cars turn the headlight goes off and indicator comes on.

I might be wrong but does this do it at night as well as only seen them in the day which aint that bad then.

• Like 1

Wow, our very own, 'reality' show - 'Online Dating'... It'll never catch on... 🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I aint that keen on the idea of that when some cars turn the headlight goes off and indicator comes on.

I might be wrong but does this do it at night as well as only seen them in the day which aint that bad then.

I think it's just the DRL that turns off, or dims, when the corresponding indicator is turned on making the indicator easier to see.

I much prefer that style as opposed to the 'turning lights' that actually turn on a headlight as well as the indicator making the indicator difficult to see.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Wow, our very own, 'reality' show - 'Online Dating'... It'll never catch on... 🤣

Reminds me of that program married at first site 😂.

Ive stopped messaging her. Already have a blind guy messaging her on her other YouTube video. Guy even gave his number to her and said to call him.

4 hours ago, Turvey said:

I much prefer that style as opposed to the 'turning lights' that actually turn on a headlight as well as the indicator making the indicator difficult to see.

I agree Kevin. Those stupid 'cornering lights' as I think they are called where it turns on just one of the front fog lights tends to distract you from actually seeing the indicator.

The other thing that puzzels me is that back sometime in the 1970's UK vehicle lighting regulatons were amended to say that front driving lights, front fog lights, front spot lights had to be fitted in pairs and wired to work together. Back then it was common for cars to only have one front fog light, or the boy racers of the day to fit five front driving lights. I checked a few years ago and could find nothing in the vehicle lighting regulations that had changed that would allow for the use of only one front fog light.

On my MK4 Focus I was pleased to find with Forscan that I could turn the 'Cornering Lights' off, which I have done.

• Like 1

Don't like noticing this trim alignment on the Mk4 today...are they all like that or is the door sagging? :unsure:

IMG_20210831_093859603_HDR.thumb.jpg.8f8259c601cc3139756a592b19823274.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club