Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

Absolute chaos in our town today. Cars were blocking the main roads trying to get fuel. 

Same locally. Had to turn around after half a mile and go the longer way round as the traffic was backing up towards the motorway roundabout.

Thankfully we put some derv in last week (£30) should easily last till end of October.

I should last a bit too according to my trip computer done 400 miles since top up but still got 520 left . We shall see. 

I don't like that due to a shortage of silicone chips in the world due to something to do with Texas in America, 

That there's a shortage in the range of availability of Pioneer Double Din head-units, aside from all other electronics in the world at the moment,

moving on from that one now; there are a few nice models still available; but that's also a problem for me,

there price is as they should be; within the UK, 

but I'm living in the republic of Ireland, where i would be charged around 100 euro on customs charges a combination of VAT & import tax, 

so; I went on to eBay UK to find a good one; Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB copied the model number, then logged on to amazon.de and eBay.de followed by pasting in the model number to the search bar, 

headunit.thumb.png.ff141447e9e18a1e6e3fc9a8d94ee6b0.png

I found a two sellers shipping from Germany via DHL for 15 euro, with the head-unit price being 20euro higher than the UK sellers, however the rest of the sellers outside of the UK are asking for 100-140euro higher than the sellers within the UK because they know people will pay it rather than face import tax and VAT charges. 

however when payday arrived for me; there was only one seller left; so the Pioneer double din cost me 34euro more than the UK selling price but still 66euro less than purchasing from the likes of Dynamic Sounds in London; which is where I've purchased all my previous models of Pioneer for almost every vehicle which I've owned. 

I'm glad I managed to get one of the last cheap Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB 7" Double-Din available at 399euro + 15 shipping total 414euro/354.76pounds;

The rest of Europe is copping on though and increasing prices to be only 20 cheaper than import fees from the UK.

here's the UK price: Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB 7" Apple CarPlay Android Auto GPS DAB Bluetooth USB System 3780572773799 | eBay 

Here's the cheapest European alternative which ships to Ireland: Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB 7" Apple CarPlay Android Auto GPS DAB Bluetooth USB System 3780572773799 | eBay

• Like 1

Panic buying of fuel is causing all sorts of problems now . 

There's a shortage of sperm donors at our local feritliy clinic . All the **nkers are filling up at the petrol stations.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, iantt said:

Panic buying of fuel is causing all sorts of problems now . 

There's a shortage of sperm donors at our local feritliy clinic . All the **nkers are filling up at the petrol stations.

From the outside looking in; 

If it helps at all; we recon it's going to be a tough 6-10 years for you guys if course easing along the way but y'all will remain extremely triumphant in the end; 

If you don't believe; an example is by looking at the episode of top gear where they look at all things British, you guys own JCB let's be honest, 

And Ireland is headed for another deeper than deep recession when the current house cost inflation price crashes caused by the shortage of builders available which is mainly duee to the majority of foreign builders made there money already and have begun retirement in there home country of Poland, and a pending vote for a united Ireland; where it currently costs 9 million GBP per annum to police nothern Ireland and that's during a peace process which I hope continues with regards the peace. 

54 minutes ago, BigLen said:

... and a pending vote for a united Ireland; where it currently costs 9 million GBP per annum to police nothern Ireland and that's during a peace process which I hope continues with regards the peace. 

With respect, a simple 2 point plan will prevent a 'United Ireland' vote.

1) Tell everyone in NI they will lose the NHS and have to pay for basic helathcare

2) Drive a bus round Dublin with a sign saying, "NI will cost you €300 Million/week - thank you for your generosity..."

There's a reason why no Taoiseach in the last 30 years has advocated a United Ireland - they've seen the books!

• Like 1

Sad to be told my great uncle, the most decent man in the family had his car stolen from him 😤

Three guys approached him when he got to his car where two put him on the floor whilst the other took his keys. I hope they catch them or at least recover the car. 

Makes me mad how there's low life's out there 

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

Sad to be told my great uncle, the most decent man in the family had his car stolen from him 😤

Three guys approached him when he got to his car where two put him on the floor whilst the other took his keys. I hope they catch them or at least recover the car. 

Terrible news; better to let them take it in situations like that; they will probably find it with a Syphon protruding from the fuel tank, or used in a robbery.

Can't see it being stolen for parts these days since the cost for anyone importing from the UK in to Europe adds 25% to the cost; 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

Just shows no matter how many  anti theft devices , factory security features a car may have. None are going to stop this type of theft. I for one wouldn't put up a struggle . Rather be car less than life less. 

• Like 2

My car broke down yesterday while I was out shopping. Went to various shops and eventually got to Tesco for food shopping. Parked car up fine. Came back 20 mins later and it wouldn't fire up . 1 sec of normal sounding cranking then weird sound like the starter was disengaged( but was still turning engine over) tried for 15 mins but wasn't going to catch. Quite annoying there's nothing I can check or do considering my trade! Modern cars are crap. 

Finally managed to get my daughter to come out and pick me up with my now warming shopping , only for me to have one last try and it started fine. Drove home with me following and it drove fine too. Started it ok a few times at home . Going out again in a while so fingers crossed it's a one off. Diagnostics showed no dtcs except for both headlights  malfunction which I did notice a message come up on dash when car wouldn't start. That's a weird one to think about. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Our Tesco's fuel station still hasn't got any fuel!! ***** panic buyers !! Some ones even got the nerve to bring a digger and  dig the tanks out the ground. Could be weeks without fuel. At least they  have brought a banner with them to say that's what there doing. Conciderate thieves. 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday was coming home at 8pm from work and noticed a large amount of traffic turning down to go towards the Tottenham stadium. 

Found out there was a boxing match with Antony Joshua there at the time. That plus the fuel panic buying must of added to the chaos

Getting up this morning and trying to open the rear door of the house to let the pooch out and tha damn thing has sheared internally. Not what you want when moving house on Tuesday. Took the handle off and the handle is fine, it's the inner workings that fasten the door to the frame :mad:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wino said:

Getting up this morning and trying to open the rear door of the house to let the pooch out and tha damn thing has sheared internally. Not what you want when moving house on Tuesday. Took the handle off and the handle is fine, it's the inner workings that fasten the door to the frame :mad:

not having much luck with rear doors today myself; 

New catalogue out at Smyths toys for Christmas, 

so after walking the dog in the forest; i drove to my local smyths store; reversed in to a spot near the door, 

then on exiting the parking space; i turned left too early and caught a blue steel pillar which was situated on the corner, 

IMG-20210926-WA0000.thumb.jpg.8e52cd3f87a3762f8b6143f1f22d1e0a.jpg

IMG-20210926-WA0002.thumb.jpg.9980db95a0c716e4431a3b24ca5cf6f1.jpg

IMG-20210926-WA0006.thumb.jpg.a85f8353f2ec11dd4742e8eb7e4dc53e.jpgIMG-20210926-WA0001.thumb.jpg.f727b7fa7ab146476b9164eef17e1669.jpg

• Sad 7

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

@BigLen ouch! 😲

had to reverse back out of it while fully turned left 

was first wondering why the car wasn't moving and checked the handbrake was off 🙈 

my eldest daughter then said "Dad its one of the blue pillars is jammed in the rear passenger door, good lord! 

• Sad 1

On 9/26/2021 at 4:34 PM, BigLen said:

not having much luck with rear doors today myself; 

New catalogue out at Smyths toys for Christmas, 

so after walking the dog in the forest; i drove to my local smyths store; reversed in to a spot near the door, 

then on exiting the parking space; i turned left too early and caught a blue steel pillar which was situated on the corner, 

IMG-20210926-WA0000.thumb.jpg.8e52cd3f87a3762f8b6143f1f22d1e0a.jpg

IMG-20210926-WA0002.thumb.jpg.9980db95a0c716e4431a3b24ca5cf6f1.jpg

IMG-20210926-WA0006.thumb.jpg.a85f8353f2ec11dd4742e8eb7e4dc53e.jpgIMG-20210926-WA0001.thumb.jpg.f727b7fa7ab146476b9164eef17e1669.jpg

A second hand door and a bodyshop will hopefully fix the rear quarter. 

I know that feeling but will come out like new after getting it fixed. Just make sure the place can give a very close colour match. On my car at some lighting I can see the rear quarter new paint looks lighter than the door I changed.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, zain611 said:

A second hand door and a bodyshop will hopefully fix the rear quarter. 

I know that feeling but will come out like new after getting it fixed. Just make sure the place can give a very close colour match. On my car at some lighting I can see the rear quarter new paint looks lighter than the door I changed.

Thanks Zain, 

Although I'm working six days weekly; It will be January before I will have the cash to get it repaired; because my to pay for my wife's surprise 40th is in November, then three kids for Santa in December and I've just spent 1,500 euro on parts to enhance the Hyundai ix20; which are now; as they arrive; going up to the attic until march next year; to be fitted when the weather is good again; I'll take a week off work then.

I reckon around €100 - €150 for a replacement door, transfer the JLAudio speaker; then get the arch fixed, 

Ill go back to the fella whom sprayed and fitted the body kit for me back in 2014, I also want to get the dash surrounds of the ix20 sprayed; so I'll get both done at the same time;

Hopefully this is the end of my misfortune, 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 10:15 AM, unofix said:

I think Ann Summers do a range of things that can be posted 🤣

Her birthday is less than a week away now, better get myself into gear!  No, not that type... :unsure: 

I've had a thought though, she enjoys a hot chocolate every night.  I don't drink any hot or sweet drinks myself so not my area at all!  Any recommendations for a 'treat' version?  I'm looking at Hotel Chocolat ones for direct delivery but open to any other suggestions...  Also, can the powders all be used in a cup as I'm fairly certain she won't have a 'velvetiser'... :ermm:

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Her birthday is less than a week away now, better get myself into gear!  No, not that type... :unsure: 

Tom, I have found the following useful when I have forgotten that last minute 'sweet' gift LOL

If you get a wiggle on, should be enough time, even for a 'personalised' gift!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

Tom, I have found the following useful when I have forgotten that last minute 'sweet' gift LOL

If you get a wiggle on, should be enough time, even for a 'personalised' gift!

Thanks Stephen.  Personalisation seems a bit much though...need to be able to top this years gift if she makes 90 next year! :biggrin: 

She can't eat much normal chocolate (pre diabetic or something) so I'm not sure if a large box of chocolates is really appropriate.  Gives me a chuckle every year when people mainly buy me outdoor clothes...having been agoraphobic for over a decade. :laugh:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Thanks Stephen.  Personalisation seems a bit much though...need to be able to top this years gift if she makes 90 next year! :biggrin: 

She can't eat much normal chocolate (pre diabetic or something) so I'm not sure if a large box of chocolates is really appropriate.  Gives me a chuckle every year when people mainly buy me outdoor clothes...having been agoraphobic for over a decade. :laugh:

Speaking as a diabetic, never buy anyone 'special' diabetic chocolate/sweets, they taste just terrible. I'd much prefer the 'real' thing and just limit myself to the quantity! Good luck with your choice...

• Like 1

My brother in-law had to finish work lunchtime. Couldn't get diesel for the cement mixer he drives. Work told him to go back to base and try again tommorow. 

• Sad 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club