Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I go to work in the dark now, won't be long until Im coming home in the dark too.  Still quite warm though. Still t shirt weather at work in our warehouse  with the main doors open. Nearly put the large fan on where I work at to cool me down. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, iantt said:

I go to work in the dark now, won't be long until Im coming home in the dark too.  Still quite warm though. Still t shirt weather at work in our warehouse  with the main doors open. Nearly put the large fan on where I work at to cool me down. 

Yeah, I don't like that. I'm leaving when it's dark all the time now, but still light when I get home right now, but it won't be long until I'm coming home in the dark also. After that, comes frost and snow, and that isn't fun 😂

the last few years theres hardly been any frost or snow in my area. must admit i do like a bit of snow. 

Don't like being unable to find a suitable replacement toilet seat...  I have an odd shaped pan so 'standard' ones don't fit properly.  I also prefer the feel of wooden ones rather than plastic.

Last one I bought (third time lucky!) was a normal round/oval wooden seat but with a long rectangular plastic 'bar' fixing...but I can't remember where I bought it and can't find any that look the same now.  Anyone know what I mean or did I manage to buy a completely unique seat? :unsure: 

I can find a couple of plastic ones with a similar fixing but they're cut to fit around the hinge fixture so they won't open fully with the odd shape of my pan. :rolleyes: 

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't like being unable to find a suitable replacement toilet seat...  I have an odd shaped pan so 'standard' ones don't fit properly.  I also prefer the feel of wooden ones rather than plastic.

A few months back I volunteered to change the toilet seat for a friend, then discovered it had 'concealed' fittings which I had never seen before. Returned seat and still haven't found out how to do it.

In addition, mum has just had a new toilet fitted and I wanted to get her a high toilet seat (she's 83) but can't find a suitable one. Toilets are a ***** nuisance LOL

• Haha 1

Just now, StephenFord said:

A few months back I volunteered to change the toilet seat for a friend, then discovered it had 'concealed' fittings which I had never seen before. Returned seat and still haven't found out how to do it.

In addition, mum has just had a new toilet fitted and I wanted to get her a high toilet seat (she's 83) but can't find a suitable one. Toilets are a ***** nuisance LOL

Seem to be a right pain in the a*se tbh! :wink:

Not sure if it's different in NI but raised toilet seats and grab handles can be provided free in England after a needs assessment so that may be worth looking into for your Mum. 

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Seem to be a right pain in the a*se tbh! :wink:

Not sure if it's different in NI but raised toilet seats and grab handles can be provided free in England after a needs assessment so that may be worth looking into for your Mum. 

Thanks Tom, the toilet was just fitted as it's a 'comfort' toilet, it's about 2" higher than standard (fitted privately). She has been assessed by her occupational therapist (following a stroke) and currently has a care team, and a new staircase handrail fitted, but a high toilet seat seems to be beyond current knowledge of anyone LOL

• Like 1

did my online speed awareness course this morning via zoom. thats 3 hrs i will never get back. will take the points and fine if i ever get caught again. 

"what have you learnt from this course today. 

was it so wrong to say " take an a alternative route avoiding speed cameras then go as fast as you want"

somepeople have no sence of  humour.  

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, iantt said:

did my online speed awareness course this morning via zoom. thats 3 hrs i will never get back. will take the points and fine if i ever get caught again. 

I did mine in person a few years back, and it went on a lot longer than that! It wasn't too bad, tbh, and I think it could have been better still, and more useful, if the guys presenting it had been allowed a bit more flexibility in tailoring it to the particular group, rather than having to stick pretty closely to a script. At least we had loads of tea and biscuits - a friend who attended one at a different venue got nowt!

Just now, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I did mine in person a few years back, and it went on a lot longer than that! It wasn't too bad, tbh, and I think it could have been better still, and more useful, if the guys presenting it had been allowed a bit more flexibility in tailoring it to the particular group, rather than having to stick pretty closely to a script. At least we had loads of tea and biscuits - a friend who attended one at a different venue got nowt!

#Sour 😆

8 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I did mine in person a few years back...

I did too about 10 years ago. I got tea & sandwiches at mine LOL I actually quite enjoyed it, well, it got me out of work for half a day!

Anyone out there got problems with the amazon app on iPhone...........no sound for alerts,,,driving me mad and seems a big issue for a lot of people.

8 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Anyone out there got problems with the Amazon app on iPhone...........no sound for alerts,,,driving me mad and seems a big issue for a lot of people.

Maybe amazon outsource their IT to FaceBook 🤣

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Maybe Amazon outsource their IT to FaceBook 🤣

you could be right, for direct marketing purposes, 

dont get me wrong; im i big user of amazon and ive kitted my elderly mother whom lives alone; kitted her out with amazon echo dots, echo plus and smart sockets, but anytime were talking about for example she got burned when taking something from the oven and was telling us about that; you know regular conversation; she must have said oven a few times in the conversation, next time she went online there were loads of pop up adds for curry's and Harvey Normans to buy one. 

Facebook also love there direct marketing, 

i use WhatsApp all the time as i don't top up my mobile, never been on facebook, i do have the same problem with no notifications on Adverts.ie app but im sure amazon will sort it out there a huge company; i use Amazon.de these days to avoid import tax, had to sign up to prime in germany instead of uk now but still free shipping, just takes a bit of time if returning goods, they don't refund you when its scanned in to the post office like the uk did, they wait until they have the return then send you the refund,

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Maybe Amazon outsource their IT to FaceBook 🤣

You right there,there App is bad and never update it, dont think they have an IT person looking at this.

56 minutes ago, BigLen said:

you could be right, for direct marketing purposes, 

dont get me wrong; im i big user of Amazon and ive kitted my elderly mother whom lives alone; kitted her out with amazon echo dots, echo plus and smart sockets, but anytime were talking about for example she got burned when taking something from the oven and was telling us about that; you know regular conversation; she must have said oven a few times in the conversation, next time she went online there were loads of pop up adds for curry's and Harvey Normans to buy one. 

Facebook also love there direct marketing, 

i use WhatsApp all the time as i don't top up my mobile, never been on facebook, i do have the same problem with no notifications on Adverts.ie app but im sure amazon will sort it out there a huge company; i use Amazon.de these days to avoid import tax, had to sign up to prime in germany instead of uk now but still free shipping, just takes a bit of time if returning goods, they don't refund you when its scanned in to the post office like the uk did, they wait until they have the return then send you the refund,

It's the only app what don't work right for notifications and its one of the main things looking at the delivery times and how many stops away etc,come to that when you have to buy a Fitbit watch so at least i know when i get a notification off them.

I use amazon a lot as i help my mate and next door as well as my self for deliveries as im second named address.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

You right there,there App is bad and never update it, dont think they have an IT person looking at this.

Well, all their IT team have been seconded onto that vanity space trip their owner Jeff Bezos is indulging himself in. Well done all you amazon users for supporting that good cause LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Well, all their IT team have been seconded onto that vanity space trip their owner Jeff Bezos is indulging himself in. Well done all you Amazon users for supporting that good cause LOL

I don't like receiving parcels that are 'guaranteed delivery' from RM lately.  The regular postman will sign for the normal 'signed for' items and leave them safe for me, but not these ones! :sad:  So far I've had 3 parcels returned to 3 different collection points within the last few weeks!  The latest one is 5 miles away! :unsure:  As mentioned in the battery thread, I can't drive at the moment so have no way to collect them.  I've booked the redelivery online but of course there's a good chance of missing that one as well.  I know it's for security but I'd hope my 'leave safe' sign waives their responsibility, making it easier on both sides.

• Like 1

I dont like my car is seeing its age now,poor thing is getting on a bit and things starting to pop up.

MOT last week which he serviced it first and found a broken coil spring, dont know how i done it but had car 8 years soon car is touching 12 years old, bit of rust on back wheel arch on the bottom by the wheel.

In garage all today as found a noise when driving on right front when he did MOT so seeing what it is.

Sure a car aint like dog years.

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

I dont like my car is seeing its age now,poor thing is getting on a bit and things starting to pop up.

MOT last week which he serviced it first and found a broken coil spring, dont know how i done it but had car 8 years soon car is touching 12 years old, bit of rust on back wheel arch on the bottom by the wheel.

I too sadly see a few minor rust bubbles on rear arch and front wing, annoying that no matter how much you wash/wax her, she just fades underneath...

33 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I too sadly see a few minor rust bubbles on rear arch and front wing, annoying that no matter how much you wash/wax her, she just fades underneath...

Especially when it's an older Ford, oddly you can see similar vintage Volvo's (from when Ford owned Volvo) with no rust to be seen in terms of the body panels.

38 minutes ago, FatHead1979 said:

Especially when it's an older Ford, oddly you can see similar vintage Volvo's (from when Ford owned Volvo) with no rust to be seen in terms of the body panels.

Volvo pretty much ignored all the cost cutting that Ford tried to impose, just like Saab did when GM tried to give them orders LOL

8 hours ago, jace1969 said:

found a broken coil spring, dont know how i done it but had car 8 years soon car is touching 12 years old, bit of rust on back wheel arch on the bottom by the wheel.

6 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I too sadly see a few minor rust bubbles on rear arch and front wing,

I just changed the front shocks, and found rust at the top and bottom of both front springs. Just where the spring leaves the seat. I have been phosphating & waxoyling the underside of my Focus (2006 vintage) for 6 or 7 years now, but I could not get to the tops of the front struts. I took the opportunity to phosphate & coat the rusted areas. I very strongly suspect that rust is the cause of most broken springs. The stress is very much concentrated in the outer mm or so of the spring wire, so only needs quite small cracks or pits to break it right through.

I have been heavily treating rust on the inside of the front wings, just in front of un-needed cutouts in the wheel-arch liners, and at the back. And all the rear sub-frame and suspension components which are just black painted, I have had to treat heavily for rust. It is not much fun crawling about, lying under the car, brushing acid phosphate & Waxoyl all over it, especially at my advanced years. It can take me a couple of minutes to stand up again properly after being in an awkward position for more than a couple of minutes :wheelchair:, :ohmy:.

The Vauxhall I had before this car had almost no rust at all. But it had plenty of other problems. When I drive the Focus, I have no regrets at all about changing from Vectra to Focus. So it kind of makes the effort worthwhile.

Each year I seem to take more bits off. Wheels, brakes, disks, wheelarch liners, sill protectors, even bumpers. It is under all those I have been finding the rust. This year I found almost no new rust areas (apart from the tops of the front springs), so maybe I have it under control? Or maybe it is just lulling me into a false sense of security!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

I just changed the front shocks, and found rust at the top and bottom of both front springs. Just where the spring leaves the seat. I have been phosphating & waxoyling the underside of my Focus (2006 vintage) for 6 or 7 years now, but I could not get to the tops of the front struts. I took the opportunity to phosphate & coat the rusted areas. I very strongly suspect that rust is the cause of most broken springs. The stress is very much concentrated in the outer mm or so of the spring wire, so only needs quite small cracks or pits to break it right through.

I have been heavily treating rust on the inside of the front wings, just in front of un-needed cutouts in the wheel-arch liners, and at the back. And all the rear sub-frame and suspension components which are just black painted, I have had to treat heavily for rust. It is not much fun crawling about, lying under the car, brushing acid phosphate & Waxoyl all over it, especially at my advanced years. It can take me a couple of minutes to stand up again properly after being in an awkward position for more than a couple of minutes :wheelchair:, :ohmy:.

The Vauxhall I had before this car had almost no rust at all. But it had plenty of other problems. When I drive the Focus, I have no regrets at all about changing from Vectra to Focus. So it kind of makes the effort worthwhile.

Each year I seem to take more bits off. Wheels, brakes, disks, wheelarch liners, sill protectors, even bumpers. It is under all those I have been finding the rust. This year I found almost no new rust areas (apart from the tops of the front springs), so maybe I have it under control? Or maybe it is just lulling me into a false sense of security!

I also come from a Vauxhall and that was an older car than this 2009 and not 1 bit of rust just a lot of other problems like you had,i also had a vectra the 2 litre CDX but my last one was a corsa 1.4 but being only a 1.4 it still used a lot of petrol,this one is better and its the 1.6 Tivct  engine,i also never regret swapping as corsa had a nice few stuff wrong like the petrol gage was always wrong,if you park on a very small slote it would stick on full and take a good 3 days to settle back and an oil leak i could never solve,dont know if the newer ones are better but i like my good old fiesta as i wouldn't of kept it for 8 years area,done me good.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club