Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cambelt Change, Not Starting

gorni12000

Hi,

I have a mk7 tdci fiesta. Recently had a water leak diagnosed as the water pump.

As the cambelt had to come off to do so I also replaced the pulley and tensioner as well as the cambelt. This was all replaced and locked/timed throughout as per autodata. I have tried to start the car but without auxiliary belt connected (not sure if it would affect) but wont start. Taken the belt off numerous times asystemetimed and fitted but wouldn't start. However, was sprayed with easy start into the system and started.

am at a loss, checked all sensors and all seem to be connected. Thinking a fuel problem?

When you say it started with easy start, did you mean only briefly or did it continue to run after until you switchef it off?, have you disturbed the crank sensor wiring?have you accidently knocked/damaged the cam postion sensor behind cam pulley.

cant see it being a fueling issue if it ran ok before and you havent disturbed any fuel line, is the fuel temp sensor connector ok near the injector pump?

Hi, the car started with easy start, switched off then briefly started with what I would imagine was the renainder in the system. The crank shaft clip with wire attached was disconnected. This was cleaned and also the sensor removed and cleaned. Would there be any other sensors?

Only the cam and fuel temp sensors I allready mentioned.

Is that the one at the bottom by the crank sprocket

No, thats the crank sensor, the cam sensor is located behind the top pulley(camshaft pulley)

Fuel temp sensor is located on top or there abouts of injection pump area attatched to fuel pipe, just check you havent disturbed them in any way,

Were you able to get timing pins in ok on all pulleys when you put new belt on?

Cheers, Will check them tomorrow as may have knocked when putting in the cam pin. Im not 100% of the pump location but will have a good look. Yes all three pins went in ok to fuel pump, cam and crank..turned manually and all realigned after ok

Hi checked the two sensors but not luck all appears fine

Cant see what else you would have disturbed doing cam belt, may be its time for for a second pair of eyes to have a look for you, know anyone local to you who could come out and have a quick look?

Have double checked everything and cleaned contacts and sensors obd2 check came back with p0098 intake air temp sensor, have tried the sensors etc but not 100% this one is

Did u disconnect fuel pipes U need prime it if any fuel system disconnect

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi no didnt disconnect any fuel pipes. Noticed the tank pump doesn't seem to prime when the ignitions tutned. The tanks a pain to get to but bared the two thickest wires to the tank and tested via a separate battery and doesnt seem to prime

There's no pump in the tank. Draws fuel purely by injection pump action

Oh really, damn...that was time wasted

• 3 weeks later...

Turned out to be a loose fuel line to the filter and I think caused an air lock

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club