Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stoneys St3 (formerly Known As 'subtle Hint')

Stoney871

I will endeavour to help you.

• Like 1

Still waiting for that tow bar addition ;)

No chance.

Some little touches I've added recently-

T15 Cree reverse bulbs with LED's to fill out the lenses a bit-

post-28494-0-58873200-1437697470_thumb.j

post-28494-0-76856500-1437697716_thumb.j

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-T15-W16W-7W-5050-LED-16-SMD-Canbus-Error-Free-Cree-Backup-Reverse-Light-Bulb-/371123457268?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5668ae8cf4

Osram cool Blue Intense 4200k H1 bulbs to replace the piddle yellow bulbs Ford fit-

post-28494-0-01149800-1437697444_thumb.j

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301665839007?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Philips Silver Vision Indicator bulbs front and rear and Some T10 Silver bulbs for the mirror repeaters-

(Soz, No pics yet)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-Silver-Vision-PY21W-Car-Indicator-Signalling-Bulbs-Twin-12496SVS2-/261853841051?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf7b4869b

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-W5W-T10-501-Chrome-Silver-Side-repeators-bulbs-/150396030870?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item23044d4f96

I think the H1's are a pretty close match to the Zenon lights and reckon the reverse lights are far brighter plus the LED's really do fill the lens nicely so it's not just a narrow beam of light at the back.

• Like 5

Any chance of you grabbing an interior night shot, if you have time?

I have spent ages looking around and can't find a single image showing off the ambient lighting in the ST...

Here you go, not brilliant shots but should give you an idea-

Roof console sub Lights-

post-28494-0-35733700-1437698722_thumb.j

Scuff Plates-

post-28494-0-70403900-1437698717_thumb.j

Drivers footwell (also lights in passenger side but these show better because of the pedals)-

post-28494-0-74327200-1437698708_thumb.j

Door pockets-

post-28494-0-87316300-1437698699_thumb.j

post-28494-0-18006600-1437698704_thumb.j

Door latch recess-

post-28494-0-29719600-1437698689_thumb.j

post-28494-0-79639600-1437698693_thumb.j

• Like 2

Those roof lights are so much better in the facelift.

On my old Titanium X, they were strips and I found them so distracting, it was like headlights in the rear view mirror.

Now they just point down like in the Fiesta, by the looks of it. Give a bit of illumination to the gearstick?

• Like 1

Those roof lights are so much better in the facelift.

On my old Titanium X, they were strips and I found them so distracting, it was like headlights in the rear view mirror.

Now they just point down like in the Fiesta, by the looks of it. Give a bit of illumination to the gearstick?

They also illuminate the surround of the sub glass holder when you open it.

• Like 1

Looking awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Clive ordered my self some wind deflectors for the ST, first time I have ever had any.

I went down the same route, Team Heko - did you use the clips? Amy reason why you just did the front?

Just noticed these....

Grandpa Jeebs? I think a lot of people are older than him on here!

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Aye, 26 years young by my birthdate, but I think my biological age is a darned site older! my health isnt all that great, so I have the rights of granpda moaning :D

Cousin Jeebs yehaw!

Sounds like an episode of Dukes of Hazzard ;)

haha, Cheers Clive, Cousin Jeebs sounds awesome :D better than some of the names I get called 8-)

True, but he rants like a proper old man :D

Cheeky begger.... True, but still never the less a cheeky begger! in my day, we treat our elders and old moaners with respect, unlike you whipper snappers...

• Like 1

Then you should be leading by example! Lol...

I don't mind saying when I can't stand something! I do a good job of ranting and moaning I know, not sure why I'm so good at it but I think my natural cynicism makes for a very natural reaction...

Clive ordered my self some wind deflectors for the ST, first time I have ever had any.

I went down the same route, Team Heko - did you use the clips? Amy reason why you just did the front?

I did use the clips, holds them nice and still if windows are cracked open at speed ;)

Didn't fit rear ones as I want maximum ventilation through the rear if the dogs go in the back and the windows are opened.

I did use the clips, holds them nice and still if windows are cracked open at speed ;)

Didn't fit rear ones as I want maximum ventilation through the rear if the dogs go in the back and the windows are opened.

Have you got those grill things to stick in the rear windows?

Also those rear tail hitch things (I'll find a link)..http://www.pawstrading.co.uk/ekmps/shops/pawstrading/images/ventlock-tailgate-lock-uk-ventlocks-1131-p.jpg

One of them.. I know in the work car you've got a/c for the pooches... I've not picked up one of the above things yet.. due to, but time, £'s etc...

Most of the time only my non-work dog goes in my personal car but occasionally the other two do if they go out for the day (on moors or beach for a good splash in the water).

I have a proper dog grille that goes between the boot and rear seats on those occasions (job provided one like this- http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=331456230342&alt=web ) .

Mostly when going to work I go and pick up the estate and pop back to collect the troops that way.

That way they are safe and comfortable in purpose made travel cubicles with water and aircon.

We'd like to pick up one of those tailgate locks for the estate as it means if we ever need to stop somewhere we can crank the boot open and there can be a good airflow, but never like leaving the pooch in the car for any lengths of time really...

Summer is a no no, and winter she's likely to take someones fingers off or anything that gets too close to the car...

Been so many times I've pulled over and run in somewhere to pick up something and hear this great explosion of roaring and someone she doesn't like walks past the car.. women and elderly lot she's not too fussed about.. some men though and all hell breaks loose by the car haha..... The noise something her size creates and the depth of the bark/growl, people are always amazed she's not a !Removed! great Doberman or something...

• Like 1

We'd like to pick up one of those tailgate locks for the estate as it means if we ever need to stop somewhere we can crank the boot open and there can be a good airflow, but never like leaving the pooch in the car for any lengths of time really...

Summer is a no no, and winter she's likely to take someones fingers off or anything that gets too close to the car...

Been so many times I've pulled over and run in somewhere to pick up something and hear this great explosion of roaring and someone she doesn't like walks past the car.. women and elderly lot she's not too fussed about.. some men though and all hell breaks loose by the car haha..... The noise something her size creates and the depth of the bark/growl, people are always amazed she's not a !Removed! great Doberman or something...

What breed?

Our collie/spaniel cross hates men too. You don't need the alarm set when she is in the car, lol.

Make sure you disable the OBD port immediately or it will be a short lived toy. Enjoy, that interior looks fantastic

How do you disable the OBD port ? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

nice looking st fella and love the little touches you have done to make it your own

To disable the OBD port - remove the corresponding fuse

I guess they strike anywhere, but if you're gonna nick an ST I can think of owners I'd rather rob than a copper with a horde of hounds, especially one being a land shark!... Just make sure you get away clean...

• Like 1

or do what I did, buy a small petty cash tin, cut a groove in it for the cable and put the obdc into it

Then got a fake OBD wired to 12v and out it in the original position

• Like 1

Amazing really.... I'd prefer it if the government just passes some law that = death if you !Removed! about with someone else's car... I totally understand why you're hiding obd ports and all, but you're modifying parts of your car that you wouldn't normally bother with....simply because some prat can't keep his sticky hands to himself....

..Anyway, sorry to clog up your thread Clive.. In answer to someone's question, my dog is a Scottish terrier... Rather large one for the breed 12-14kg's

Edit my removed word up there was the slang term for 'break wind'...Didn't realise it was naughty :p

• Like 2

Next project is a dash-cam.

I had a mirror mounted one on my last car but as it would interfere with the auto headlight sensor and photo-chromatic rear view mirror I decided that it won't be suitable for use in my ST.

I looked at the Mobius type as popular with many members but decided that I wanted something a bit more discrete so went with the Novatek 96650 camera as it will tuck up alongside the plastic cowling covering my windscreen auto wipe sensor.

I like the idea that there is a cable channel included (may need cutting down a bit so that the camera sits just below the dot tinted area behind the mirror.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B40-A118-Novatek-96650-AR0330-170-Lens-H-264-FHD-1080P-Mini-Car-Dash-Camera-DVR-/381244929435?hash=item58c3f7f59b

post-28494-0-72048800-1439079015_thumb.j post-28494-0-94535500-1439079020_thumb.j

post-28494-0-73358900-1439079026_thumb.j post-28494-0-64325300-1439079031_thumb.j

I'm still awaiting it's delivery so will update on video quality and ease of use when it gets into my sticky mitts.

Also I have ordered and received a hard-wire kit so will be playing with that when the camera arrives.

post-28494-0-63734600-1439079211_thumb.j

I also ordered the optional GPS antenna which simply plugs into the camera so I can log location of video capture plus speed information-

post-28494-0-79550200-1439079282_thumb.j

Placement will depend on signal quality, but hopefully I will be able to tuck it up between the headlining and roof just above the windscreen rather than on the windscreen itself (a bit of trial and error may be involved) I'd rather keep installation as tidy and hidden as possible but time will tell.

Installation appears straightforward and tidy-

post-28494-0-43791300-1439079991_thumb.j post-28494-0-39561600-1439080001_thumb.j

• Like 2

Look forward to the results Clive

• Like 1

Another bit for my car ordered and on the way.

Steeda short shift bracket from Collins Performance.

£89 inc p&p.

Screenshot_2015-08-14-01-44-51-1.png

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club