Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Mk3 Owner - Few Questions!

Spikecast

Hi all,

Today I've just collected my Focus MK3 2012 Titanium from my local Ford Jennings dealer. I've had an hour or so with the car this evening and must say it's a nice car to drive. A few things that I've noticed/need to raise with them but before I do wondered if anyone could advise: I've noticed when braking and the pedal is lifted there is a small "clunk" noise, is this normal? It brakes fine, has just been serviced and I have no issues operating the pedal I just wondered if the noise was normal for a Focus? Also when trying to install my son's isofix seat on the passenger side rear seat we were having massive difficulty trying to get one of the brackets to line up as if it's not been installed correctly or at an angle, I assume it needs adjusting and is just bolted to the car frame? It went in fine in the opposite rear seat.

Apologies if these are strange questions but if anyone could advise I would be really grateful as I can't contact the salesman until Friday.

Many thanks.

I have attached a video below to see what I meant in relation to the noise :)

IMG_4277.MOV

Hi welcome :)

My Focus MK3 has absolutely no strange noises during braking. So in my opinion the clunking noise you have is not normal.

On the Focus MK3 the ISOfix brackets are factory fitted. The ISOfix brackets are bolted to the floor panel of the car. These can only be installed in 1 position. It is not possible to install the brackets incorrectly.

If the ISOfix bracket does not lign up properly the bracket may be bended. The brackets can be inspected by lifting up the lower section of the rear seats. In some cases a bended ISOfix bracket can be caused by an accident.

Thanks for the reply it doesn't happen when braking it's when the pedal is released it makes the noise when my foot is taken off, any ideas what it could be? The isofix bracket doesn't look bent could it be alligned incorrectly? It looks like it's bolted to the car.

The isofix bracket has holes at fixed positions and the threaded holes in the floor panel are also located at fixed positions. Technically it should be impossible to allign the ISOfix bracket incorrectly. The tollerance between the Torx bolts diameter and the bolt holes in the ISOfix bracket is pretty big. However this should be not enough to cause any problems.

Thanks I've left my concerns with the garage who are calling me tomorrow when the salesman I dealt with is back.

Hello & welcome, like you I've recently bought a mk3 titanium from jennings.

I'm afraid I can't coment on the isofix brackets as my son's seat is only secured by the seat belt, as for the breaking noise - don't think it's normal as no noise from mine

Hi - Just thought I would update this - Re Isofix they are claiming it's in its normal position but are going to replace it with a new bracket which they've ordered in. They are saying the brake pedal is normal having had it up on the ramp to inspect it. I told them I will be getting a second opinion and they were more than happy with that and said if they find a fault they would be more than happy to carry out the work. I can't see them offering to do that if there was a fault somewhere? Any advice or suggestions what is causing the noise and if it is indeed not meant to be like that?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club