Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel Dpf Regen On Mk2 Kuga's

fordmad12

Hi all, I hope this tip for regenerating the DPF on low mileage Kuga's with the 140ps engine helps towards maintaining a healthy DPF, i say 140ps, as this is the engine I have, may help on others also.

When driving, you can usually tell a DPF REGEN is on the way, as the engine heats up rapidly, of course you carry on driving, job done, but what do I do if it is still on regen mode when I get to work/home? you can tell, if the fans under the bonnet are working to keep the engine cool whilst going through this process, instead of just switching off, open the bonnet, get back in and get the revs around the 1700 mark, and hold it around this number, after a certain amount of minutes, the fans shut down, ending the regen naturally, bring revs back to tick over, then switch off.

I have found with some vans we use, that they have to be forced to regen by the driver, and with bonnet open, automatically Rev about the 2000 mark, so this tip may work, I'm not a technician.

If someone else comes back with a better way, that's great.

And my Kuga does get a good blast about once a month, other then that it's local driving.

Still loving it.

Terry

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club