Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What Adrian Flux Discount????

WES180

Hi all. I was just renewing my car insurance so thought would give Adrian Flux a call seeing as they advertise on here to be competitive for forum members. They didn't even quote me a price when I told them that I have had a quote from Esure for £196.00! They did tell me that the Esure quote was a great price though lol!

37yrs old

15yrs NCB

2012 Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 Ecoboost with appearance pack alloys and tints fitted.

Im a little bit gutted though as when I bought the car i got a new online quote for £191 from Esure but as I was 10 months into a policy from my previous car I just changed it over on the phone to avoid losing 10 months NCB. It is puzzling how with an extra years NCB the price has gone up in the 1 month between the two quotes! I know its only a fiver difference but you would have thought with the extra years NCB the price would have gone down slightly not up!

Strangely enough it appears that the longer no-claims you have the more insurance companies worry that you're 'due' an incident.

O.M.G. - No prangs since 1979 - I'm overdue ! :)

Aflux are just expensive end of, never ever ever come close to any policy I have ever got, they just use the forums and now defunct magazines to portray they were the best, try getting a quite for a modded car with them, I bought a £300 body kit for my old rover 220 Turbo, wasn't with them but they came back with a quote that was unaffordable, like an extra £2k back in the day, was only paying £60 odd a month for the car running a high boost kit @260BHP as it was, stupid prices.

Greenlight all the way.

I forgot about Greenlight actually. I like that they dont increase your premiums for Mountune goodies!

O.M.G. - No prangs since 1979 - I'm overdue ! :)

I was 2yrs old then lol! Are you with Saga then?:lol:

Saga are dear for me as I'm retired @ 56, oddly the A.A. are the cheapest / best this year.

Retired at 56? Good work Sir. Public Sector perks eh?

Nope Matt - just worked smart for 40 years :)

• Like 1

I'd tried Adrian Flux a few years ago and found them too expensive. However, Adrian Flux have beaten by best price on two different cars in the last year resulting in two new policies with them. Having said that I think with insurance companies sometime it just depends if you are within there 'target catchment' if you like. I'm convinced that different types of customers will go in and our of 'favour' with certain insurance companies and because of this it is always worth trying various different companies every year as you just never know!

Done well for yourself Mark, well done.

• Like 1

I think all insurance companies are hit and miss, that said I was with Adrian Flux for about 4 consecutive years when I owned my pickup.

They will overcharge you if you let them get away with it.2013 I was with Privelege, renewal for 2014 came through and it had increased by £65.00, a online quote on comparison site for same company was less than what I was paying WTF! A phone call to Privelege and the guy try to give me all the guff I told him to poke the policy I'll go somewhere else. He brought the price down by £80.00 to encourage me to stay with them.

Who's conning who? !Removed! scammers the lot of them

• Like 1

They will overcharge you if you let them get away with it.2013 I was with Privelege, renewal for 2014 came through and it had increased by £65.00, a online quote on comparison site for same company was less than what I was paying WTF! A phone call to Privelege and the guy try to give me all the guff I told him to poke the policy I'll go somewhere else. He brought the price down by £80.00 to encourage me to stay with them.

Who's conning who? !Removed! scammers the lot of them

Thats what happened to me with Esure. My renewal with them was £55 more expensive than the online quote as a new customer. I was planning on telling them to stick it but they were far cheaper than everyone else so i just bit my tongue and stayed with them. There are no loyalty discounts anywhere now, Sky tv, mobiles etc!!!

Hi all. I was just renewing my car insurance so thought would give Adrian Flux a call seeing as they advertise on here to be competitive for forum members. They didn't even quote me a price when I told them that I have had a quote from Esure for £196.00! They did tell me that the Esure quote was a great price though lol!

37yrs old

15yrs NCB

2012 Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 Ecoboost with appearance pack alloys and tints fitted.

Im a little bit gutted though as when I bought the car i got a new online quote for £191 from Esure but as I was 10 months into a policy from my previous car I just changed it over on the phone to avoid losing 10 months NCB. It is puzzling how with an extra years NCB the price has gone up in the 1 month between the two quotes! I know its only a fiver difference but you would have thought with the extra years NCB the price would have gone down slightly not up!

Hi,

Sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately we do have minimum premiums and it may well have been a case of based on the details provided that as a broker, we didn't have any markets that could offer a quote as low as you had received elsewhere. Obviously we would rather not waste your time by taking the rest of your details to then not compete.

We obviously do thank you for taking the time to give us the opportunity to offer a quote.

Kind regards

Dan.

• Like 1

LOL!!!! No wonder they didnt tell me the quote on the phone, just read the email they sent out £576!!!! :lol:WTF!!!!! How can it be so expensive when im only paying £196 with Esure?:huh:

Thats what happened to me with Esure. My renewal with them was £55 more expensive than the online quote as a new customer. I was planning on telling them to stick it but they were far cheaper than everyone else so i just bit my tongue and stayed with them. There are no loyalty discounts anywhere now, Sky tv, mobiles etc!!!

Always ring your insurer up and ask them to do better. My current deal got me another £75 off, just by chatting to the bloke on the other side. Turns out he was a Top Gear fan and loved cars. They were one of the cheapest anyway but a phone call made it even sweeter!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club