Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

2 minutes ago, kpg said:

OK no RS and only one ST which was diesel so no test drive.

Probably for the best... at least you don't have to worry about this:

2 hours ago, kpg said:

Either way I'll come away disappointed with my own cars performance lol

• Like 1

OK no RS and only one ST which was diesel so no test drive.

Probably for the best... at least you don't have to worry about this:

Either way I'll come away disappointed with my own cars performance lol

That's true. After driving the wife's diesel focus, absolutely horrible thing, my car actually feels quite spritely. Especially from stand still but I know that's the difference between diesel and petrol anyways.

Been driving the diesel ST, the wagon and even automatic, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with it's performance. Very well loaded power from the lowest revs up until almost 5000rpm...around 180 horses...very good drive compared to my old 1.8TDCi MK2...I would never say the car would be this good...

That being said, RS is still RS :biggrin:

(Mustang V8 was more comfortable though, plus all the power of V8...)

• Like 1

Just going to leave these here:

1472999718764.jpg1472999733570.jpg1472999741398.jpg1472999753326.jpg1472999767376.jpg1472999779806.jpg1472999791458.jpg1472999803487.jpg

I couldn't decide after debadging if I should put Titanium S on the back. I did anyways but it may come off at some stage.

What do you all think? I'm very happy with it all. Even the little H&R logos lol

I went for this badge.

78786356fd944fb9eba066330272e651.jpg

At the front

fed8b1780411bf90856172f23be9ef63.jpg

Also had this custom made

0783ceb5293d0476a94f988079a53ba9.jpg

a62ddf42e3862ed4f03f927a8063c279.jpg

Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Btw it does look good.

Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Guys looks like the ST bumper is a no go. Deliveries usually come to my house between 12.30 and 1, no sign yet. Guess I'll be getting that refund. I'll just use the money for the ZS rear bumper I think. Now to scour eBay with a fine tooth comb lol

Imo the front end of your car looks much better than the pre facelift Mk3 ST front anyway :)

• Like 1

Imo the front end of your car looks much better than the pre facelift Mk3 ST front anyway :)

Thanks. Yea I know I mentioned that it was a bit 'busy' at the front but I do like it. I'm not really that bothered that the bumper didn't come, means I can 'focus' on the rear now.

• Like 1

Here's another thing too. It has to be in my head but I can't help feeling thst since disconnecting my HIDs for the MOT on Monday, my car feels nippier. I'm using halogen low beams and sidelights again and i swear to god the car feels faster. Something to do with the load the HIDs were putting on the battery maybe?

It's making me want to keep the halogens in now lol but they're far too orangey.

Can anyone recommend brighter whiter halogen bulbs? I know there's tonnes if threads on this subject but just a few recommendations would be helpful.

If you can still get some of Osram's Cool Blue Hypers, that would create a very white look, they are marked as 5000K and no, they aren't road legal. But since you already used HIDs instead of regular halogens...what the hell...and at least you'll get the (almost) same look without having to wire up HIDs...

Also, another ones are also Osram, but Cool Blue Intense, which are supposed to be 4200K, but I didn't see these personally. Picking up something from a different brand, I think Philips' WhiteVisions are also somewhere at about 4000K, which should still be very white, very HID-ish. These two are fully road legal. I'm personally thinking about trying the Philips ones, but I haven't decided yet.

I must point out though, I used the first mentioned Cool Blue Hypers and, well, at night, especially on a wet road, the light output was rather poor...now, I'm using GE Ultralight 120, which are very yellow compared to them, but at least I can see properly at wet road at night. This might not happen with the two with lower Ks, but like I said, I didn't test them, so I'm not sure.

Hope this helps a bit...

Strange thing with the HIDs though, I would say they could drain the battery a bit, but probably mostly during cranking up the engine, not much during the drive...how is it running only with DRLs, or lights completely off - halogens vs. HID? 

If you can still get some of Osram's Cool Blue Hypers, that would create a very white look, they are marked as 5000K and no, they aren't road legal. But since you already used HIDs instead of regular halogens...what the hell...and at least you'll get the (almost) same look without having to wire up HIDs...

Also, another ones are also Osram, but Cool Blue Intense, which are supposed to be 4200K, but I didn't see these personally. Picking up something from a different brand, I think Philips' WhiteVisions are also somewhere at about 4000K, which should still be very white, very HID-ish. These two are fully road legal. I'm personally thinking about trying the Philips ones, but I haven't decided yet.

I must point out though, I used the first mentioned Cool Blue Hypers and, well, at night, especially on a wet road, the light output was rather poor...now, I'm using GE Ultralight 120, which are very yellow compared to them, but at least I can see properly at wet road at night. This might not happen with the two with lower Ks, but like I said, I didn't test them, so I'm not sure.

Hope this helps a bit...

Strange thing with the HIDs though, I would say they could drain the battery a bit, but probably mostly during cranking up the engine, not much during the drive...how is it running only with DRLs, or lights completely off - halogens vs. HID? 

Thanks for the input bud. I'll see if I can find those hyper blues for cheap.

I'm running just DRLs at the minute and aye it seems to be more lively even with then running. Stranger Things.

• Like 1

You're welcome, hopefully you can still get the Blue Hypers, they've been slowly replaced by the Blue Intense I think, because they slowly got lost in almost every store I checked. I still have one pair unpacked though, so I'm covered, lol :D (I would gladly get rid of them for few bucks, btw :) )

It's really weird what's going on with the lights...maybe you could measure the battery somehow? Do couple tests with just DRLs, HIDs and then halogens, to see what the power consumption is...? I don't know, really...this is beyond my knowledge, both car-related and electrical... :(

You're welcome, hopefully you can still get the Blue Hypers, they've been slowly replaced by the Blue Intense I think, because they slowly got lost in almost every store I checked. I still have one pair unpacked though, so I'm covered, lol :D (I would gladly get rid of them for few bucks, btw :) )

It's really weird what's going on with the lights...maybe you could measure the battery somehow? Do couple tests with just DRLs, HIDs and then halogens, to see what the power consumption is...? I don't know, really...this is beyond my knowledge, both car-related and electrical... :(

Lol well if I had have known that I wouldn't have gone ahead and bought a set off eBay! £16 for the pair. I'll give them a go and see but yea I might run a few tests through the Torque app and monitor the battery voltage. But I agree, tis weird.

£16 for the pair is a very good prize! I paid around €25 for mine (20GBP and up, I guess)...you'll see how it behaves, but I would also rather run a test with a regular V-meter, just to be sure.

• Like 1

These bad boys arrived this morning:

1473505231139.thumb.jpg.bb5c5752e80c6d21

I won't be putting them in until after the MOT on Monday just in case it upsets the headlight alignment. I'll do some comparison pics when I get them in.

• Like 2

Some pics of my birthday surprise:

1473523572811.thumb.jpg.3995204b5cebb90e

1473523586108.jpg.ea0da1844cb8ee299372de

1473523601867.jpg.a09558eb809c30667af42a

Looks awesome. A lot bigger than Slave 1. Shelf is coming along nicely too.

• Like 5

Holy ...! That's huge! Happy birthday and congrats on the awesome surprise! :thumbup:

(back to topic, I'm curious what'll be your opinion on the Hypers, it's the same as I thought :yes:)

Edited by alexp999
implied swearing
  • Like 1

Holy ...! That's huge! Happy birthday and congrats on the awesome surprise! :thumbup:

(back to topic, I'm curious what'll be your opinion on the Hypers, it's the same as I thought :yes:)

Aye it is quite big lol I need some new storage devices for the Star Wars stuff lol

I'm hoping there's a drastic difference in colour. The ones I have now are extremely orangey/yellow. I'll put one in and do a comparison before I switch the lot.

• Like 1

Why isn't this an MK3 face lift thread ? You got some changes I wanna try on mine :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the bulbs in. Definitely a lot whiter that standard halogen. The colour different doesn't picture well so I've only taken one pic:

1473711763703.jpg.37bfc6c74504aa5ede6838

Driver side is standard, passenger is Osram.

The difference is a bit visible. Definitely whiter. Hope you'll be happy with them, just check the visibility at night, so you won't be surprised (in a bad way) ;)

• Like 1

I can also see the difference and will be intresting to see what you make of them in the dark. the car is coming along great keep up the good work

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club