Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

Oh and as for your mitt - you don't have to use it as a mitt, I hold mine like a sponge - it's the mf pile that is the important bit.

Oh and as for your mitt - you don't have to use it as a mitt, I hold mine like a sponge - it's the mf pile that is the important bit.

wicked , good idea , ive always found it weird dipping my hand completly into the bucket of water

Is there anywhere on the highstreet that i can get a good drying towel?

i like the towels mentioned but would prefer to get from the highstreet if possible?

thanks

Hey Guys

I've been offline for ages sorting out Job stuff.

But I want to start a new wash collection, Get rid of the starter kits and buy a few new waxes, drying towels, microfibers and applicators.

My normal clean is,

Wash using cheap shampoo using two bucket method

Drying towel

AG SRP

AG Mirror shine wax

-Done -

It was ok to start with, but the Wax I use was a pain to get off.

So I need some new products.

I was thinking

Meguiars gold class Shampoo (With two buckets)

Need a New drying towel as my current one has picked up sand which cant be removed :angry:

Stick with the SRP

Which wax should I use. AG HD WAX or push the boat out for some Dodo?

Any suggestions would be brilliant! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't go for Megs Gold Class - Hyperwash is better value and a better product, but (surprise surprise, I know) Dodo Born to be Mild kills both of them dead.

Autoglym High Def is an excellent wax and will compete with the Dodos quite nicely. I shouldn't do this - but I have a nearly full tub of AG High Def for sale if you're interested - PM me if so. I've been meaning to stick a thread in Buy and Sell for ages. I'm downsizing my collection as its got utterly silly!

do any of you guys use a dyson handheld for hoovering your cars?

I have a bit of a problem getting the hoover to the car where i live so

was contemplating buying one soon

hi guys

I here a lot of people mentioning waxing there cars , when i got my car i got the super gard protection offered to me really cheap so i had it done. I think i read that with this you dont need to wax you car for at least 1 or 2 years (cant remember which)

Is this correct ?

thanks

Super Guard is one of a number of different 'dealer treatments' which while the products in themselves are ok there are so many variables you can never be sure how much protection they are offering a car.

They are basically synthetic sealants applied by the dealer - different from waxes only in the sense that waxes are (usually) a product based on natural ingredients. Sealants come as pastes, liquids, sprays and other forms.

Now, I am a fan of sealants - I use FK1000P all the time as a wheel sealant and have also been known to use it on paint. I use Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection in parallel with waxes. So, a sealant CAN offer good protection.

Now for the bad bit - Superguard/Diamondbrite and the rest of them are dealer applied - meaning that you never know what kind of job has been one. If it's applied badly, it's pretty much worthless, and chances are it will have been applied by the 50p a car Saturday morning teenager most dealers seem to employ.

Also - a well applied coat of FK1000P - an extremely durable sealant - will be lucky to be protecting the car after 6 months, so I find it highly unlikely that a dealer applied coat of something less good than FK1000P will last two years.

So what do I suggest? Well, as I have in the past said to others I say get it off (if there's anything left anyway - unlikely) and start again. If it were me I'd use a strong All Purpose Cleaner Solution - Daisy from Tesco is cheap and effective and then clay the car to remove the last of it. If you don't want to invest in the products, you could use a Fairy Liquid wash to the same effect but the detergents in Fairy are harsh for a car. After that, buy a good quality wax and apply it thinly. A good quality wax (something by Dodo, Autoglym High Definition or similar) can easily last 6 months if washed a ph neutral wax friendly car shampoo - and you can see it working from the water beading and sheeting on the surface, so you know when it's time to reapply.

Have a look in the detailing section for my detailing guide - it's a good place to start.

thanks by the way is i4detailing website anygood for there service , im thinking about getting a drying towel from them but im not sure what there like?

Matt - who runs i4D is a very decent bloke and often sends out free samples in addition to what you order. I have always had outstanding service.

Matt - who runs i4D is a very decent bloke and often sends out free samples in addition to what you order. I have always had outstanding service.

+1

Never had anything but excellent service from him. A bonus is that you get some bubble gum in every order :lol:

No complaints about I4D :D

Hi new here and looking for advice

picking up my new fester titanium in sea grey in a couple of weeks or so, have skip read this thread but can you give me or point me to an idiots guide to looking after the paint job

thanks in anticipation

Hi Ozzrahog,

Not sure how much you are wanting to spend so lets just go over the main things that you should be looking for....

1 - 2 Buckets with grit guards, you should always wash your car with 2 buckets (1 for shampoo and 1 for clean warm water) the grit guards will also stop the sand and dirt getting back onto your mitt.

2 - a good microfibre or lambs wool wash mitt, this will also keep swirling down to a minimum.

3 - a good shampoo. Dodo Juice Born to be mild or Dodo juice Sour power are the favourites on here i think. Chemical guys Glossworkz is also very good.

4 - a big and decent drying towel. Again the Chemical Guys miracle dryer is great as is the I4D Uber blue.

5 - Wax or Sealent. You will get lots of difference advice on this but i would buy 2 things. Dodo blue velvet & FK1000P. They work well together and the FK will keep you going through winter.

Thats what you should probs start out on if you havent done much before. If you want to go further then i would think about these....

5 - A good clay bar & lube. I would recommend Bilt Hamber autoclay all day long as a lube dodo juice born slippy does the trick there.

6 - A good wheel cleaner. Bilberry wheel cleaner is very good and the one to go for.

7 - Surface prep. Alot of people use Dodo Juice Lime Prime and it is very good. there are plenty of others out there that would help.

8 - Wheel Sealent. its always a good idea to slea your wheel before winter comes along. FK1000P will double up as a wheel sealent.

9 - Tire Black - just makes it look that little bit better. all pretty much the same really but Megs Gel is good enough.

There are lots of other things you could go for which you will see if you read the thread. Hopefully that will get you started and keep you going for a while.

hi

could anyone reccomend me a alloy wheel brush from i4detailing to go with the bilbery wheel cleaner?

thanks

*also after ive sprayed the alloy wheels with the bilbery cleaner and cleaned with a brush do i then just rinse off with water and dry with say a microfibre cloth?

thanks

cheers i may pop down to halfords for a brush to see if they have any good ones?

Halfords sell a similiar brush to the one Greeny posted. Its made by Meguiars, should set you back about £10-15

has anyone used monza car care before ? , i see they also have a eBay store

thanks

Thought Id share a bargain

Was looking around for Autoglym HD wax

Best price I could find was £34.99 on Cleanyourcar.com

Then I found this

Link

HD Wax = £25.99 + Free delivery

around £10 saving once you calculate the posting cost from CYC.com :lol:

hi guys

will have some dodo juice born to be mild shampoo arriving soon hopfully , just wondered how much i should use in a bucket of water? (does it say on the container or would a cap full be fine?

thanks

I cant remember the actual dilution rate for BTBM but it will say on the bottle.

Also Monza Car Care are a very good company as well, very quick delivery normally.

I cant remember the actual dilution rate for BTBM but it will say on the bottle.

Also Monza Car Care are a very good company as well, very quick delivery normally.

great thanks , one more thing will the foam sprayer head be ideal for the bilbery wheel cleaner or would the normal acid resistent sprayer head be ok, as im getting a handi hold bottle but unsure what sprayer head to get?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club