Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Mk2 Focus Saloon

kyle_saloontdci

Kyle...I've just put a bid in on a set of refurbed alloys with brand new centre caps. and there the same as yours fella 18in 7spoke..just waiting now on a reply...they are for sale at £500+ postage...so I've bid £400+courier at £60...we will see...

Plus good 6mm rubber..

• Like 1

Won them, and will have them by Thursday or Friday...

That's not a bad price if they've been refurbed, are they anthracite and diamond cut like mine?? I've seen them in a few different colours.

They're actually off of a mondeo titanium X so will suit yours really well, I think they are one of the best ford wheels about which is probably why they hold they're money so well!! Glad you got them make sure you put pics up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'll send you a pm of another thread on the interweb soon, you can have a squint.

If you wouldn't mind I'd appreciate it [emoji106]

• Like 1

Happy to share the link to thread with others, just not sure if as it's another forum Im not sure if I should publicly say...

• Like 1

Silver and diamond cut,I will defo put a pic up with her on the 17 ins and then the new 18 s...can't wait to fit them...

Did your wheels turn up?

• Like 1

Had a day off today so cleaned the car inside and out as it was filthy!! Took some better pics to show how it sits after I cut that dead coil a few weeks back

aebbed20a04d027a902f62970577b1f1.jpg

47b9a41101cc47a770b0f617c72ffa38.jpg

a89e3e75bfb34d4346544ff07b1bf8a8.jpg

Found a little lip spoiler that fits so I think I'll be ordering that and fitting it, still looking out for recaros so when I find the right set I'll get them

• Like 2

It's looking really nice. Definitely better for taking the rear a little bit lower.

• Like 1

Did your wheels turn up?

Hi kyle..yes the alloys arrived Thursday morning..my new phone doesn't take as good a picture as my old one(upgrades haha)

I will post some then & now pics when I fit them as now the bad weather has set in (salt on roads) I'm unsure whether to fit them,the big chrome centres are brand new too so I was thinking is there anything on the market that can seal these as well as the rest of the wheels as they have literally just been refurbed,the inside and back of the spokes all done to same high standard..really pleased with them...

post-49976-144806205798_thumb.jpg

post-49976-144806209713_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Before.... then....Afterwards...to be truthful I'm enjoying the extra grip and the rubber is quieter too,although the state of the roads has me doubting keeping them...basically I think i prefer the bigger sidewall on my 205 50 zr17 standard 7spoke ghia x alloys over these 225 40 zr18 tit x.... Anybody know if a 225 "45" 18 is doable on these alloys and the mk3 there fitted too,all post greatly as appreciated as usual fellas..

post-49976-144958004127_thumb.jpg

post-49976-144958008832_thumb.jpg

post-49976-14495801161_thumb.jpg

post-49976-144958015926_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I should of posted this in the relevant place, sorry for the semi hijacking kyle its just as you have the same set of 18 in alloys which seem to be relatively rare..so thanks fella and if a kindly moderator could please place in the right spot for me thanking you..

• Like 1

A guy who owned a focus estate on another forum had those wheels too..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I should of posted this in the relevant place, sorry for the semi hijacking kyle its just as you have the same set of 18 in alloys which seem to be relatively rare..so thanks fella and if a kindly moderator could please place in the right spot for me thanking you..

Looks well on the new wheels [emoji106][emoji106] still think they are one of the best oem wheels out there.

• Like 2

Had to put another pair of tyres on the rear as it seems I wore out the dunlops in 4000miles [emoji16][emoji16] had the rear tracking done so should stop it now and I've got Eibach camber bolts but not fitted them yet. Not done anything else apart from drive it really, needs a good clean!!

3b6a60fc26928eff830373845f2f2509.jpg

• Like 1

Looks really well planted since you did the suspension a flavour...this is how they should sit, no gap the size of a hard shoulder between the rear arches and tyres...looks nice fella, hopefully this is a mod I'd like to do...although not as brave and confident as yourself, so in the new year I'm going to get a price of fords for fitting some Eibach springs and some new oem shocks and get my Mondeo lowered by about 30mm front and rear...I know fords can be expensive....but I'm a bit wary of changing the present set up as it is absolutely spot on at present nice even wear on all tyres no noises etc...and fords will give me a 12 month guarantee on the work as well, so peace of mind..

• Like 1

I find the dunlops quite good but it was really twitchy on the rear but since I've sorted the rear tracking it's stopped that. I was a mechanic and mot tester for 10 years so I do all my own work luckily, I couldn't pay fords prices though [emoji51] well worth getting it lowered makes it look loads better. I'm really tempted to change to a mondeo st tdciat the min I'm quite liking the mondeos. What engine is in yours?

• Like 1

Being a mechanic is a massive benefit...extremely satisfying doing your own work...you are so right about lowering and you don't see many tweeked foccy saloons either, don't know what the stats are number of builds compared to the hatch, ghia saloons pretty rare as I honestly never see them only very rarely which I thinks gives it kudos... When I got my first Mondeo a 2.0 petrol ghia estate my first thoughts were that it drives just as good as the focus hatch I'd just sold...foccys have seriously good handling...

My present mondy is a ghia x with the 3.0 v6 lump showing 52k miles and stainless straight thru (nice burbles)and k&n cold intake (nice snarl)..a nice re- map would take advantage of this...

• Like 1

I bet that sounds lovely, I had a st200 7 years ago that had a k&n, blueflame cat back and a bluefin and that sounded awesome!! Probably the best sounding car I've ever owned. I do like the sound of a v6. What's the mpg like on that?

• Like 2

Those st 200 mondeos sound awesome to begin with, I had a v6 mk2 but a ghia x and had demon tweeks fit a scorpion twin exit cat back...lovely sound.. The stainless I've now got is a straight thru, just one muffler up front and the single exit looks oem except its 2 and a half inch and polished,at idle it sounds nice and burbly and as long as you keep the revs below that magic number 3250 rpm just before the last six intakes wake up, its not too loud....but after that and more it sounds funking awesome along with the air intake 57i snarling its head off...a little slice of heaven....

Ps since replacing the sparkies and vacuum pipes (3in split in crank breather) I'm getting 21mpg in town and34-37 at 60-70 varying

• Like 1

I bet that sounds lovely, I had a st200 7 years ago that had a k&n, blueflame cat back and a bluefin and that sounded awesome!! Probably the best sounding car I've ever owned. I do like the sound of a v6. What's the mpg like on that?

Me too but no Bluefin. Best sounding car ive ever owned. The Bluflame exhausts were tuned to perfection, no booming drones at all.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Not updated in ages not done much but it now has a decat, centre box removed and a scorpion back box with twin 3" slashed tips fitted. Not really much louder than standard which I'm abit gutted about so I'm going to let the decat bed in as I only did it this aft but if it doesn't improve then may have to straight pipe it with the same tips as I think it really suits itIMG_1600.JPGIMG_1663.JPG

Need to book it in for a remap too when I get chance and I still want some spacers and new seats in it too.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Had the car remapped on Monday made it a lot nicer to drive it used to run out of puff after 3000 but now it pulls all the way round to 4000 in every gear. It how it should of left the factory!!

Treat myself to some grey cloth recaros today got them in and fitted they are so snug and supportive it's really made the interior sporty from the drab black cloth that was in it before

d9f6910955046835aa73251804939eb6.jpgc09a929ea5267ff34d71b0a5d48dcb01.jpg1c2c5305b19e0d6e6a16b7fc66eef292.jpg4057f49d1c4466c11c0e12a73d93c328.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club