Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashcam Footage From My Many Travels

b1g_dav3

Hey folks.

Well I've got myself a decent dashcam now as my insurance discount was more than the value of the camera itself so I thought why not.

I picked up a Nextbase 402g off eBay for £65 which was a steal and wired it into the fusebox so no cables running everywhere. Figured I'd post some of my outings on here of some !Removed! poles when I come across them.

In some cases I may have muted the videos due to erm... language issues :P

Here's the first 2 I caught!

This guy just decides to cut across me forcing me to near enough dive into the curb to avoid him, choice words were spoken hence no volume.

This bafoon decided to jump the chevrons and then swerve right in front of me practically taking my front end with him.

• Like 2

shocking that it happens so quick what chance would you have

• Like 1

Punto with only one headlight pulls straight out in front of me

almost rolled down my window to offer them a lift in the back seat rather than on my chuffing front grill ya blind 😠

Guide to fitting discreet HD dual dash cam system:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/65147-guide-fitting-dual-camera-dvr-system-focus-mk2-mk25/?p=438442

• Like 1

Hi Lenny....what is it with people,he couldn't of missed you coming along there fella.....so he's either blind or thick,what the hell...I lost a rather seductfull Volvo c70 coupé in black(with the most sought after engine 2.3 T5) I'd searched for the exact spec for over a year just to have some SDB pull out of a give way onto a busy A road without so much as a glance sideways.... needless to say if I hadn't swerved at the same instant I hit the stop pedal... then instead of the Volvo completely pushing the front drivers side wheel and wing into the middle of the engine bay the driver would if took the full hit on impact.. I only just missed the drivers door on this golf that was driven by a golfish sort of person (ever see the eighties Golf adverts)......

I'd say just plain thick to be honest. They do see you and know you're there but they don't care and know you'll slam on your brakes, if you don't then they'll fight it out and say you pulled into them or something. Had one today do that exact thing with my dad, pulled right out and was literally inches off hitting, then he said it was my dad who was the one in the wrong... Sped off when he got told he was on dash cam.

• Like 2

Hi,

Just to let you know that a number of our insurance schemes offer discounts for a wide range of in-car cameras.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 3

That's something I need to do as in I haven't yet decided if I really want one of these dash cams...though the benefits speak loads...

Adrian Flux,now that's a very familiar insurance outfit and very reasonable;)

Hi,

Just to let you know that a number of our insurance schemes offer discounts for a wide range of in-car cameras.

Regards,

Dan.

Good to know, I actually only found 1 other when I was ringing round and was surprised by how so many said they would recommend one but wouldn't give any sort of discount at all. Unfortunately Adrian Flux was a good deal higher for me, though I suspect that's down to where I live and having reversed into a BMW which wasn't my most proud moment >.<

• 3 weeks later...

Well had some stupid taxi overtake on a crossing, with a blind bend to follow and wasn't all too far off hitting someone face first; luckily there's a good deal of room there but if someone had been turning then it could have been quite a different situation...

Where do I even start with this one...

Two idiots stopped on a green light with hazards going, the taxi then pulls round the corner going at literally 2 miles an hour as the light goes red, so I go across and the other car decides to go through the red?!

Taxi driver literally won't shift and as I pull round he's on his phone and waving his arms around... I cut off at the point where a verbal exchange was given, as I wanted to leave on the sound of the ST :P

Morons to say the least...

• Like 1

Had this one last night... What you don't see is he indicated right earlier on despite there being no right turns at all on this road until well past the incident. This is on an almost blind bend and hill in 1 go in the middle of a 60 zone and he slows down and then brakes down to 10mph... Ridiculous - as you can hear by the comments :P

Some choice language so mute if you're easily offended!

• Like 1

Ha ha . . . it's an unlit narrow road so probably not safe to travel at 50, the parked car on the left, partially taking up some of the lane no doubt suprised the driver, causing him / her to brake suddenly & he / her appears to be lost or at least very unfamiliar with the road layout.

It's a 50 zone.

As always . . . expect the unexpected & then the unexpected will not be a suprise

Your lady's advice is probably valid ! :)

• Like 3

Your lady's advice is probably valid ! :)

plus one 😂

I've caught this footage in the week prior to Christmas,

I've been reluctant to share on open forum as it also highlights a new idea to potential scum browsing the web.

I'm in traffic and spot a lad coming across the road,

caught my attention as HR didn't take an obvious route directly across,

Instead he comes across behind the vehicle

He quickly checks over his shoulder prior to trying to open the boot compartment of the vehicle in front of me.

Had it opened,

And there was shopping bags of Christmas presents inside he would have made off with them looking very unsuspecting given the time of year.

Lucky I had the camera footage as I wasn't 100% sure what I saw actually happened until I reviewed the footage a few times absolutely shocking.

Imagine it was Santa gift in boot and he's trying to make off with it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club