Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DV6 1.6TDCi Dipstick Level

TomsFocus

Morning,

Just wondering if anyone knows the capacity difference between the max and min marks on the DV6 dipstick (2008 if it makes a difference).

Mine has always drunk a bit of oil but now I don't have diesel from failing regens topping it up anymore lol.  Anyway, it's dropped from max to halfway in about 2 months, just wondering how much that actually is though?  I don't have any spare oil atm so can't just top it up without spending a tenner on a litre of Mobil.

Cheers
Tom

i think it 1.L between min and max

i think that's what I read some place too, 1l between the two

check that breather out Tom, my catch can is collecting about 100ml every 6k, that's quite a bit less than what your loosing but still, it all adds up!

Oh, that much?  S'pose I'd better top it up then lol. 

Yeah I'm not sure where it goes tbh, I'm used to leaky Peugeots but even they didn't use so much so quickly.  It probably is mostly from the breather, I regularly hit high rpms so will splash it about more than one that never goes above 2k, but other than that, it must be getting burnt somewhere as it doesn't leak lol. 

• 2 months later...

Sooo... I completely forgot about this, got side tracked fixing other peoples cars lol. :laugh:   

Anyway, it's now in the bottom 3rd of the dipstick having checked today.  It's gonna go from max to min before the 6 month/6k service is due.  Don't wanna know where it's going tbh, it's definitely not leaking so burning somewhere lol.

It take 3.8 litres with the oil filter changed, so yes around 1 litre should be about right, the difference between min and max on a dip stick is never a great amount usually, it has to allow for people who don't bother checking it at all.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club