Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New headlight bulbs

Patrico777

Hi

I am after new headlight bulb I had on my zetec s tdci philips xenon effect was quite happy with them but I am too lazy to take them out and put them in my ST150, what are good bulbs to go for I really like it when they are white like xenon any good ones out there ? No HIDs pls its not legal and its not worth risking it to getting stopped thanks

Just found those they legal they claim its xenon white 

image.png

A lot of sellers, anywhere, claim to be xenon white, you'll find they're just a brighter "yellow" colour. 

The glass of the bulb will be really dark blue to make which in turn turn yellow light, white, which decreases useful visible light output but increases the white light output. Better of either trying LED's, HIDS, or just buying well known halogens.

Cookey.

8 hours ago, Cookey09 said:

A lot of sellers, anywhere, claim to be xenon white, you'll find they're just a brighter "yellow" colour. 

The glass of the bulb will be really dark blue to make which in turn turn yellow light, white, which decreases useful visible light output but increases the white light output. Better of either trying LED's, HIDS, or just buying well known halogens.

Cookey.

Leds H4? Where can I get some please ahat you advice?? Whats the best option to go for to get more white than ugly yellow ?? Will those bulbs I send picture do the job ?

• Like 1

I tried some of those blue coloured things in the past. They did look very white indeed and they lit up everything in front of them...as long as it was no more than 10 feet away. I had to stop at a petrol station the first night I used them and get ordinary halogen bulbs. The amount of lumens those things give out is friggin dangerously low. DO NOT BUY THEM!! 

• Like 1

Just now, chris1200 said:

I tried some of those blue coloured things in the past. They did look very white indeed and they lit up everything in front of them...as long as it was no more than 10 feet away. I had to stop at a petrol station the first night I used them and get ordinary halogen bulbs. The amount of lumens those things give out is friggin dangerously low. DO NOT BUY THEM!! 

Ah so not that great at night then ?? What would you advice to get ? As I hate those yellow ! Lol

29 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

Leds H4? Where can I get some please ahat you advice?? Whats the best option to go for to get more white than ugly yellow ?? Will those bulbs I send picture do the job ?

LED headlight bulbs are expensive! If you had to get some you'd be one of the first to try them out, I can't comment on how good/bad they are... To be honest, I've got some in from carenhancementsuk, they're alright but not as good for safety reasons as my Philips Crystalvisions which I had in. I've currently got an HID Kit that needs wiring in... Those you sent... They'd be less yellow than your current bulb, but they won't be as white as you what you think... 

1 minute ago, Cookey09 said:

LED headlight bulbs are expensive! If you had to get some you'd be one of the first to try them out, I can't comment on how good/bad they are... To be honest, I've got some in from carenhancementsuk, they're alright but not as good for safety reasons as my Philips Crystalvisions which I had in. I've currently got an hid kit that needs wiring in... Those you sent... They'd be less yellow than your current bulb, but they won't be as white as you what you think... 

Ah okay I will then just go with some philips maybe blus vision or what I had

xenon effect or not sure which go get closer look for white light

4 minutes ago, Cookey09 said:

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/h4-h-l-60w-cree-xbd-smd-12-5w-high-power-canbus-led/

as for how these perform and if they cause any errors I don't know... 

They not Hids right ? They normal bulbs yes I would rather buy something that someone tried already maybe I go for those philips or something 

21 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

They not Hids right ? They normal bulbs yes I would rather buy something that someone tried already maybe I go for those philips or something 

They're not HIDS no. Have a look around, to be honest, you might be better off buying whatever you think and try, test the yourself... Whatever works best for you fella.

• Like 1

try car enhancements uk or google CEUK ive used them for my lights and know the guy who owns it there brilliant my lights look like HID's but OEM look nice and white :) 

6 hours ago, Paramanic said:

try car enhancements uk or google CEUK ive used them for my lights and know the guy who owns it there brilliant my lights look like HID's but OEM look nice and white :) 

Which ones is there a particullar ones ?

7 hours ago, Paramanic said:

Cannot find any fo st150

8 hours ago, Paramanic said:

ps there legal because they are bulbs :) 

I ordered some just now £16 shipped cannot wait to try them :) hopefully they will be better than philips xenon effect I had ob my TDCi s fiesta

Intake it you found your bulb type?

2 hours ago, Paramanic said:

Intake it you found your bulb type?

Yeah I did already bought them

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club