Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My new focus titanium x

richardc1983

Put it on aux input tonight there's like interference sound buzzing before I connect the phone via aux? Once connected it's ok but if I just press the aux input with nothing attached there's a buzzing sound.

Hi new here.

I am thinking of picking a Titanium X, taking one for a test drive next week, just wondering how you are getting on with your?

Anything i should be aware off or i should ask the dealer?

Hi Richard. Re your tyres size. As far as I kow the tit x came with either 17" or 18" wheels.
As for the interference sound when Aux is pressed then I'd inform where I got the car from so they can sort it out.
As for sound deadening. All cars come with a modicum of it but it's so minimal so it's so well worth doing it ones self as the results are impressive.
Enjoy your car pal and happy motoring.

Well there were issues with the drivers side washer jet not squirting at the screen properly at the point of deposit I highlighted this but they have failed (car people) to correct it. Due to me living in Leeds and them being at Wakefield I have booked it in at the Leeds Ford Garage which is close to my house.

I have complained to Car people who were useless as also there is a buzzing sound when the aux input is selected until I plug my phone into it. The bluetooth module was supposed to also have been updated by Ford Wakefield via the Car people but it seems they then failed to update the associated systems that work wtih the stereo such as steering wheel controls as now unable to answer or cut off a call via the steering wheel controls. Ford Leeds say this is because they should have also updated the other modules that work with the radio so they are on the same firmware.

Car people washed their hands of it and told me I can take it back there which from previous experience with my Fiesta took them 6 attempts to resolve. As I paid for the vehicle on Barclaycard I am protected and will claim through Barclaycard for poor service.

The car itself is beautiful and I am really happy with it just these few issues that need sorting out. Ford have said that while it is in today they are going to do full updates that are outstanding as that is what they do especially as it is now 2017 and the vehicle is from 2012 and never been checked for updates even though this is now the 3rd time of being at Ford over the years. The cost for this is £92 plus VAT, which covers all software updates. Ford Wakefield charge £51 per update which is a scam I think as when they did my fiesta they lied about doing some updates.

23 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Hi Richard. Re your tyres size. As far as I kow the tit x came with either 17" or 18" wheels.
As for the interference sound when Aux is pressed then I'd inform where I got the car from so they can sort it out.
As for sound deadening. All cars come with a modicum of it but it's so minimal so it's so well worth doing it ones self as the results are impressive.
Enjoy your car pal and happy motoring.

I think mine are 18" wheels you know!

The stereo sounds great and doesn't distort at high volume either. The Speakers make the difference. What do I use to deaden it? I am lazy I prefer someone else to do it lol.

Hi Richard. Which Ford dealer have you taken your car too in Leeds?
As for sound deadening I'm a fan of Dynamat and have been for over 20 years but other types are available. Try finding threads from Yuni and Lenny on their car mods. Both threads excellent and informative as they've both done big audio changes.

50 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

Hi Richard. Which Ford dealer have you taken your car too in Leeds?
As for sound deadening I'm a fan of Dynamat and have been for over 20 years but other types are available. Try finding threads from Yuni and Lenny on their car mods. Both threads excellent and informative as they've both done big audio changes.

The one on York Road,

They rang me back said it needs a new washer jet on the drivers side as can see where car people have tried to adjust it with a pin. This is a cost of £30, I have seen some on eBay for £15 is it easy to do or should Ford do it?

Hi pal. The washer jet should be very easy to do. It's a matter of prising it upwards away from the bonnet But being careful not to scratch the paintwork. Using a plastic impliment like a child's knife should do. They're only clip on things.
Lookers eh? How do you find them? I'm in Leeds but York road is an effing nightmare. They quoted me for a 4 year service plan nearly 700 quid less than a nearer to me dealer who I've used to sort a problem with my mondeo. It makes me wonder just what Lookers would actually do on a service.

Well hello everyone! So the vehicle was booked in at Ford last Wednesday to diagnose a few issues along with the washer jets. Barclaycard said cos the vehicle was new purchase that I had to get a second opinion hence why booked into ford. So car people told me they had Adjusted the washer jets, Ford said they are not adjustable and due to them tampering with a screw driver  to try to adjust this has damaged the jets.

Next issue was the steering wheel column not being able to answer or end calls. Ford said there were 6 software updates pending  and they were going to update them as this could possibly fix the issue. Whilst they was running the update for the instrument panel cluster (the speedo module) the update failed bricking the module. This has required replacement at a cost of £980 to the warranty company that I have had to pay out for. What a stress as this had to be approved by Car people etc and I didn't think they were gonna approve it. Car was rendered un-driveable until sorted so was stressing as I was in a Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost courtesy car!!! NOOOO.

My drive upto Scotland went very well really enjoyed the drive, Had a good shot of Millers in the tank along with premium bp diesel. Got 49mpg going up there 200 miles and not taking it steady either on the way back engine now sounds really smooth, drove all weekend in Scotland here and there perhaps 30 miles and still  have 10 miles left on  the tank. Also note a sound coming from the climate control cabin fan, had this exact same issue on my fiesta and a £3 gasket fitted by myself sorted this. Not sure if this is available for the Focus though. 

Another trip up there this Thursday but my car is back in at Ford on Thursday to have the washer jets replaced and for them to put my mileage back on the car which they need to update the module to do and they said they don't want it bricking again. Personally I think Ford should have covered this replacement as they told me that the software update machine went down while it was updating.

Car was a pleasure and really enjoyable to drive plenty of power and handles really well. Maybe that was the millers though. Do you recommend another shot of that with standard Shell or BP diesel this time? Expensive to use the premium stuff?

Millars is a great product and I've been using it about 20 years. I use their petrol one now tho. Wow you got damn good economy from your car on your Scottish trip.
Hope your car gets finally sorted on Thursday.

30 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

Millars is a great product and I've been using it about 20 years. I use their petrol one now tho. Wow you got damn good economy from your car on your Scottish trip.
Hope your car gets finally sorted on Thursday.

Do you think its better than Redex? I was expecting into the 50s though to be fair, I got 57mpg with a full car load of people and luggage on the same journey. That was a 1.7CDTi. 

In  comparison the fiesta taking it steady gave me 48mpg but took 4 hours to get there. The focus took 3hr 3 mins. Will go up Thursday and take it steadyish again and see what I get going up but will use the bottle of redex I have bought.

I've never rated redex and neither has any mechanic friends of mine over the years. Was proven to cause gumming up some years back. I've had 2 1.6 diesel mk3 focus and I don't rate the engine for fuel economy. There are a few who have fitted tuning boxes and stated good economy figures bug I personally think it's a naff engine but great car.
Have a good trip on Thursday.

I get consistent 52-57 on motorway trips on my Mk3 1.6 tdci, but I have a spider Arachnid fitted on Fast Road 4 setting (Got 70 on eco). Always had Super diesel in it from day 1. Great engine, with more torque than as ST now

48 mpg is the lowest I've ever got to a tank and that was in London congestion for a week

Archoil is the only decent additive, Millers and Redex are weak and a waste of money

Let me tell you a true story about Millars. A friend of mine 20 years back started using g it in his then mondeo diesel. He was a salesman who travelled 80k miles a year. After 3 years something happened (I can't remember ) which necessitated an engine strip down. Upon collecting his car back the mechanic asked how the heck his engine was like new. His reply was using Millars. It's loved and trusted by millions and it most certainly isn't a waste of money. I tried Archoil twice and didn't rate it against Millars But each to their own.

16 hours ago, madmole said:

I get consistent 52-57 on motorway trips on my Mk3 1.6 tdci, but I have a spider Arachnid fitted on Fast Road 4 setting (Got 70 on eco). Always had Super diesel in it from day 1. Great engine, with more torque than as ST now

48 mpg is the lowest I've ever got to a tank and that was in London congestion for a week

Archoil is the only decent additive, Millers and Redex are weak and a waste of money

The Torque on my car is amazing, love how it even has power in the higher gears even 5th gear it can overtake comfortably on the motorway.

Hoping the MPG comes up on Thursday - already had family say I am putting a lot of miles on the car going upto Scotland at weekends then driving on a Friday from Edinburgh to Glasgow 50 miles each way. A car is for driving though I guess!

I think Redex looks weak but Millers I think are trusted I was using them when I had the Astra and everyone recomended it over Redex. The Archoil looks expensive really. Even driving with one tank of Millers the car already feels more responsive and is quieter running too. Loads of black smoke on the way up but on the way back down its clear again.

49 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

Let me tell you a true story about Millars. A friend of mine 20 years back started using g it in his then mondeo diesel. He was a salesman who travelled 80k miles a year. After 3 years something happened (I can't remember ) which necessitated an engine strip down. Upon collecting his car back the mechanic asked how the heck his engine was like new. His reply was using Millars. It's loved and trusted by millions and it most certainly isn't a waste of money. I tried Archoil twice and didn't rate it against Millars But each to their own.

I agree with regards to Millers, used it for years on my other diesel. Heard good things about it.

30 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

I agree with regards to Millers, used it for years on my other diesel. Heard good things about it.

just had a quick look at the millers stuff and it works out cheaper than useing redex as 1 bottle of millers will do 10 tank fulls, compared to redex 4 tank fulls.

may have to give millers a try out :yahoo:

1 hour ago, andypsp said:

just had a quick look at the millers stuff and it works out cheaper than useing redex as 1 bottle of millers will do 10 tank fulls, compared to redex 4 tank fulls.

may have to give millers a try out :yahoo:

I buy it on eBay, was a bugger to get it into the tank though and wasted about 3 measures over the drive way leaving  an oily mark on the drive!

24 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

I buy it on ebay, was a bugger to get it into the tank though and wasted about 3 measures over the drive way leaving  an oily mark on the drive!

did you not use the plastic fuel funnel you got with the car then when you were trying to get it in the fuel tank ?

21 hours ago, andypsp said:

did you not use the plastic fuel funnel you got with the car then when you were trying to get it in the fuel tank ?

I didn't get a plastic fuel funnel with the car.

15 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

I didn't get a plastic fuel funnel with the car.

eBay item number  231104355950

this is what you need matey, check glove box and in boot where the spare wheel is, thats where the funnel is normally stashed :laugh:

• Like 1

When it's armed you cannot move the steering wheel. 

3 hours ago, andypsp said:

ebay item number  231104355950

this is what you need matey, check glove box and in boot where the spare wheel is, thats where the funnel is normally stashed :laugh:

£13! blinking hell!

26 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

£13! blinking hell!

found a cheaper one for you 271466282805 £7.40 :laugh:

• Like 2

On 1/25/2017 at 6:26 PM, andypsp said:

found a cheaper one for you 271466282805 £7.40 :laugh:

Thanks I will most likely get one.

I just have a question about the headlights. They are set to auto but still seem to be on even when its bright enough for them to go off. The Zenons I am referring to.

I know the sensor must be picking up that it is light as the indoor ambient mood lighting turns off. The sun was shining too but the headlights remained on.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club