Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My new focus titanium x

richardc1983

Was it raining? the lights can be set to automatically come on with the wipers as well

Be careful in Fog with Auto lights, its often bright enough for them to turn off, as the sensor can't tell its foggy

On 25/01/2017 at 6:26 PM, andypsp said:

found a cheaper one for you 271466282805 £7.40 :laugh:

£7.40 was what I paid at Fords. Seemed a bit steep for a bit of plastic tube...

On 1/23/2017 at 0:27 PM, richardc1983 said:

Well hello everyone! So the vehicle was booked in at Ford last Wednesday to diagnose a few issues along with the washer jets. Barclaycard said cos the vehicle was new purchase that I had to get a second opinion hence why booked into ford. So car people told me they had Adjusted the washer jets, Ford said they are not adjustable and due to them tampering with a screw driver  to try to adjust this has damaged the jets.

Next issue was the steering wheel column not being able to answer or end calls. Ford said there were 6 software updates pending  and they were going to update them as this could possibly fix the issue. Whilst they was running the update for the instrument panel cluster (the speedo module) the update failed bricking the module. This has required replacement at a cost of £980 to the warranty company that I have had to pay out for. What a stress as this had to be approved by Car people etc and I didn't think they were gonna approve it. Car was rendered un-driveable until sorted so was stressing as I was in a Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost courtesy car!!! NOOOO.

My drive upto Scotland went very well really enjoyed the drive, Had a good shot of Millers in the tank along with premium bp diesel. Got 49mpg going up there 200 miles and not taking it steady either on the way back engine now sounds really smooth, drove all weekend in Scotland here and there perhaps 30 miles and still  have 10 miles left on  the tank. Also note a sound coming from the climate control cabin fan, had this exact same issue on my fiesta and a £3 gasket fitted by myself sorted this. Not sure if this is available for the Focus though. 

Another trip up there this Thursday but my car is back in at Ford on Thursday to have the washer jets replaced and for them to put my mileage back on the car which they need to update the module to do and they said they don't want it bricking again. Personally I think Ford should have covered this replacement as they told me that the software update machine went down while it was updating.

Car was a pleasure and really enjoyable to drive plenty of power and handles really well. Maybe that was the millers though. Do you recommend another shot of that with standard shell or BP diesel this time? Expensive to use the premium stuff?

Try Shell V-power too. It's the only thing I use. Or if they are out I use Shell's regular diesel.

1 hour ago, richardc1983 said:

Thanks I will most likely get one.

I just have a question about the headlights. They are set to auto but still seem to be on even when its bright enough for them to go off. The Zenons I am referring to.

I know the sensor must be picking up that it is light as the indoor ambient mood lighting turns off. The sun was shining too but the headlights remained on.

My headlights stay on for a bit (about 2 min) after I exit the garage for example and than they switch themselves off.

I use V Power mainly as Shell is closest to me. Or at minimum shells regular stuff.

Re auto lights. Make sure that the windscreen is clean where the sensors are behind the rear view mirror.

• 3 weeks later...

So it's been back to ford in total 3 times to finally get the bluetooth and various other bits fixed they fobbed me off several times believe it or not saying they had done the updates when in etis it showed they had not!

Now I'm having further issues - http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/90313-clutch-pedal-sticking-mk3/

The headlight washers have now stopped working. You can hear the pump but nothing comes out of them. Windscreen is fine, and I've pulled them out and they move freely but are dry. As well as that I've noticed that when I fill the washer bottle with fluid when it brims to the top it drains out and you can see it draining under the car does it get to a point and levels off or should it remain full at the top?

Starting to lose faith in this car now. 

I wouldn't have thought that any water should be seen to come out from beneath the windscreen washer bottle after filling it. I'd have a look to see if there's a loose hose. Mind you if your headlight washers aren't working and putting 2 and 2 together I'd say they are both linked and a pipe to the headlight washers is loose or off.

Yeah but how the heck do you access the bottle it's tucked deep within. 

I am thinking it's that also. 

22 hours ago, richardc1983 said:

when it brims to the top it drains out and you can see it draining under the car

It could be that the filler neck isn't sealing properly in the bottle so you're just losing the water in the neck. To get access to the bottle you have to remove the wheelarch liner or at least detach the front edge enough to pull it away.

It's draining below the neck I can see this. The clip that holds the neck onto the vehicle is missing also.

The Haynes manual states that a second pump is used for the headlight washers. The pictures aren't too clear (are they ever!) but it looks as if that pump is fitted higher up the reservoir so perhaps Vlad has put his finger on the problem. Maybe one of the quick-connect pipe fittings has detached or that pump has worked loose from the reservoir.

• Like 1

Quite possibly your correct which suggests why the pump can be heard. Concerned now about it dry running the pump unit sorted. 

The other week the water bottle froze and maybe this caused it to expand and disconnect the hose. The clip can be seen and looks to have come loose it's at the bottom on the engine panel. So now when pull the flap up to start filling the top fill neck actually comes loose. That along with the clutch sticking issue is so frustrating. 

Ah. it will be the water froze in the nozzle and when you squirted the pressure built up and popped the hose, tells me your mix isn't strong enough

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, madmole said:

Ah. it will be the water froze in the nozzle and when you squirted the pressure built up and popped the hose, tells me your mix isn't strong enough

It was what was in the car when I bought it so was waiting for it to empty before I filled with fresh stuff. 

1 hour ago, madmole said:

As a matter of fact both front and rear nozzles froze on my Mk3 the other week in spite of having a 50% mix of concentrate in the reservoir. I suspect the wash runs back from the nozzle and dew then freezes just inside the jet. Even though the fronts are heated they still hadn't thawed after a half-hour journey.

50% all depends on the washer fluid you use. A lot of Halford specials are only -5 at 100%. Read the label on the mix, you may be suprised. In the UK I always mix mine for-15 and never had an issue even with unheated jets

I think the fluid I've been using goes to -7 at 50% but in the year I've had the car I haven't had to top up much so this is going to be mixed with whatever was there before. I guess it would make sense to pump it out and refill with a higher concentration.

• 3 years later...

Hi getting fault headlight malfunction on 2017 focus titanium x can anyone know please 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club