Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Red Edition Fiesta

Danny|92

So today I finally picked up my Fiesta Zetec S Red Edition after waiting for what seemed like an eternity (but what was in fact only a week) and I couldn't be happier!

I picked up the car used (albeit a 2016 model with just under 10K miles on so nearly new) and there are already a couple of little bits done to it which will save me a little bit of time and money. However I thought I would use this thread as a little record of the changes I am planning on making in the near and distant future.

Completed changes: 

• Black and Red "Ford" gel badges all around.
  • Rear lights changed (Thanks to 666Damian666 for pointing this out).
  • Front and Rear "S" badges
  • Lockwood "S" engraved kick plates
  • Gloss black interior air vent surrounds
  • Team Heko Wind Deflectors (with red pinstripe)
  • Change foot well lights to red
  • "Fiesta" etched foot rest
  • K&N Air Filter
  • "S" wing badges from DMB

I'm open to suggestions on any small changes I haven't mentioned.

IMG_20170131_144504.jpg

IMG_20170131_144524.jpg

IMG_20170131_144540.jpg

• Like 1

Do you realise those are not standard rear light clusters as you have not mentioned them 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 666Damian666 said:

Do you realise those are not standard rear light clusters as you have not mentioned them 

Oh wow I actually didn't but you're right. Thanks for letting me know! I think I kind of prefer them over the standard LED ones I've seen on a few newer models.

3 hours ago, Danny|92 said:

Oh wow I actually didn't but you're right. Thanks for letting me know! I think I kind of prefer them over the standard LED ones I've seen on a few newer models.

That's cool mate, I thought it was weird that you listed the mods you had done but left them off 

I wasn't a huge fan of the newer L.E.D rears when they launched but they have grown on me the more I see them around 

Don't quote me on this as I'm no insurance expert, but you might have to inform the insurance company about the different lights 

great little car you have got there and like the sound of the plans

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 666Damian666 said:

Don't quote me on this as I'm no insurance expert, but you might have to inform the insurance company about the different lights 

Oh yeah I'll contact them or see what I can find out. 

8 hours ago, b4zz said:

great little car you have got there and like the sound of the plans

Thanks :) I want to keep the changes small for now so I can just enjoy the car before I think about anything major.

Red dust caps for the wheels and the "S" badge for the grille came today. Hopefully the door sills come either tomorrow or Saturday and I can put some pictures up of the first few changes :) 

I got an "S" badge for the boot as well but I'm not sure whether I'm going to use it or just stick to the single one on the grille. 

Found a Black Edition friend in the Tesco car park today! First edition fiesta I'd seen since getting mine so couldn't resist a little snap!

Off work for a couple days now so hopefully get the S badges and door sills fitted, will upload pics when they're on! 

IMG_20170203_094101.jpg

Update: As the weather has decided to be kind on my day off I got chance to fit the "S" badge on the front grille (still undecided on the boot badge), the red dust caps on the wheels and the Lockwood "S" plates for the door sills. Pics below! 

Next changes to be made are gel badges for the rear and steering wheel "Ford" badges, red bulbs for the foot well lighting (if anyone can recommend some good ones for this model I'd be super grateful!) and gloss black gel surrounds for the heater vents to match the rest of the interior. 

IMG_20170207_115753.jpg

IMG_20170207_115502.jpg

IMG_20170207_114624.jpg

IMG_20170207_113858.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danny|92 said:

Update: As the weather has decided to be kind on my day off I got chance to fit the "S" badge on the front grille (still undecided on the boot badge), the red dust caps on the wheels and the Lockwood "S" plates for the door sills. Pics below! 

Next changes to be made are gel badges for the rear and steering wheel "Ford" badges, red bulbs for the foot well lighting (if anyone can recommend some good ones for this model I'd be super grateful!) and gloss black gel surrounds for the heater vents to match the rest of the interior. 

IMG_20170207_113858.jpg

IMG_20170207_114624.jpg

IMG_20170207_115502.jpg

IMG_20170207_115805.jpg

Are your red dustcaps plastic? If they are metal make sure you lubricate them first mate, I got cheapy red metal ones from eBay and they seized on my valves. Absolute nightmare getting them off, one is still stuck! 

1 minute ago, fraserrg said:

Are your red dustcaps plastic? If they are metal make sure you lubricate them first mate, I got cheapy red metal ones from ebay and they seized on my valves. Absolute nightmare getting them off, one is still stuck! 

Oh yeah they are metal, totally forgot to do that. Good shout! Cheers! 

Just now, Danny|92 said:

Oh yeah they are metal, totally forgot to do that. Good shout! Cheers! 

Yep, buy some lubricant and stick it on the valve tip. 

It was the most tiresome experience getting them off, 2 of them came off with heat and twisting but the other 2 I had to saw off and snap, its really hard too because you don't want to break you tyre pressure monitoring system as that's 90quid for a new one!

10 minutes ago, fraserrg said:

Yep, buy some lubricant and stick it on the valve tip. 

It was the most tiresome experience getting them off, 2 of them came off with heat and twisting but the other 2 I had to saw off and snap, its really hard too because you don't want to break you tyre pressure monitoring system as that's 90quid for a new one!

For now I've taken them off and put the stock plastic ones back on. I'll either paint the stock ones red or look for some red plastic ones I think, rather than risk the metal ones. No big loss as they only cost a fiver for the set. 

Thanks again for the heads up! Saved me a potential massive headache down the line! 

If you're looking for red footwell lighting, I'd recommend getting the LED panel type. Rather than a bulb with 6 or so LEDs on, the panels have about 36 and show in the brightness. They come with connectors which plug in, and have sticky tape to tuck higher up in position; so a really simple easy install tbh. I got mine from PW performance on facebook, and I know Car Enhancements UK (CEUK) do them as well, try PW first and if not go to CEUK

8 hours ago, Iam2deck said:

If you're looking for red footwell lighting, I'd recommend getting the LED panel type. Rather than a bulb with 6 or so LEDs on, the panels have about 36 and show in the brightness. They come with connectors which plug in, and have sticky tape to tuck higher up in position; so a really simple easy install tbh. I got mine from PW performance on facebook, and I know Car Enhancements UK (CEUK) do them as well, try PW first and if not go to CEUK

Found this one on CEUK: http://www.carenhancementsuk.co.uk/product/britevue-36smd-footwell-panels-blue?ref=category-bulb-type-footwell-bulbs 

Too me it almost seems too bright, and also looks more pinkish than red, although that could just be the picture.

I was leaning more towards this bulb: http://www.carenhancementsuk.co.uk/product/501-footwell-lights-red?ref=category-bulb-type-footwell-bulbs, isn't as bright obviously but still adds a nice hint of red instead of the orange of the stock bulb. 

Edit: Just seen there is also a 12SMD panel on CEUK as well, that could be a good middle ground, not overpowering but brighter than the bulb: http://www.carenhancementsuk.co.uk/product/britevue-12smd-interior-panel-light

Quick question, has anyone had PPF applied to their car and would you say it is worth it? A company near where I live has quoted me £645 for: full bumper, partial bonnet, side wings and mirrors. I believe they use the XPEL film which I've been told is one of the best available.

I plan on keeping this car for quite a while so wondering whether it is a worthwhile investment to keep it looking good and stone chip free.

• Like 1

So I got the air vent overlays, the rest of the ford badge overlays, number plate lights and red foot-well panels yesterday. I saw a picture of the red foot-well lights on Instagram so I was excited to get home from work today and install them. First one went in fine, its a little dimmer than I had hoped (I got the 12's so I'm guessing the person who took the picture has the 36's to be so much brighter). Went to install the second one and the black clip on the adaptor fell off, leaving me with a panel of LED's and no way to attach them, so now I have one side that is red one that is an "orangey-yellow" colour. Not the best first experience with CEUK unfortunately :(

Hopefully the number plate LED's are a bit better tomorrow and can restore my faith a little.

If your interested in an induction kit, I have the j1 induction and blue J1 primary hose for sale.

6 minutes ago, Cookey09 said:

If your interested in an induction kit, I have the j1 induction and blue J1 primary hose for sale.

Funny you should mention that, I was actually looking at my insurance last night and seeing what performance modifications would do to my premium, turns out the company I'm with won't cover things like: induction kits (not sure if that includes just changing out the hoses), engine/ecu remaps and suspension lowering. Weirdly though, I can add a performance exhaust and splitters without having to pay any extra.

Thanks for the offer though @Cookey09

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danny|92 said:

Funny you should mention that, I was actually looking at my insurance last night and seeing what performance modifications would do to my premium, turns out the company I'm with won't cover things like: induction kits (not sure if that includes just changing out the hoses), engine/ecu remaps and suspension lowering. Weirdly though, I can add a performance exhaust and splitters without having to pay any extra.

Thanks for the offer though @Cookey09

That's strange... If you figure it out and fancy the j1, drop me a message fella.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2017 at 5:22 PM, Danny|92 said:

So I got the air vent overlays, the rest of the ford badge overlays, number plate lights and red foot-well panels yesterday. I saw a picture of the red foot-well lights on Instagram so I was excited to get home from work today and install them. First one went in fine, its a little dimmer than I had hoped (I got the 12's so I'm guessing the person who took the picture has the 36's to be so much brighter). Went to install the second one and the black clip on the adaptor fell off, leaving me with a panel of LED's and no way to attach them, so now I have one side that is red one that is an "orangey-yellow" colour. Not the best first experience with CEUK unfortunately :(

Hopefully the number plate LED's are a bit better tomorrow and can restore my faith a little.

How're the air vent overlays? Always fancied these but never got round to getting some.

If you want to order some top quality lights that won't break on you then I highly recommend Autobeam.co.uk, and use the code 'TBIS10' for 10% off your order :smile:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tom-B64 said:

How're the air vent overlays? Always fancied these but never got round to getting some.

If you want to order some top quality lights that won't break on you then I highly recommend Autobeam.co.uk, and use the code 'TBIS10' for 10% off your order :smile:

They're pretty good, just like any other gel badge really, I fluffed mine a little because I rushed it but nonetheless I still think they look good. At least now they match the rest of the gloss black trim in the car.

Air Vent Overlays.jpg

Also replaced the red metal dust caps with some brighter plastic ones. Definitely "pop" more than the others and no risk of seizing on, win win.

Plastic Dust caps.jpg

• Like 1

Team Heko wind deflectors came today so as I was off work and the weather was nice I decided to fit them and give the car its first wash since I picked it up nearly 3 weeks ago. No visible damage to them when delivered (seen a few reports of them being dented or chipped), easy enough to fit but my god are the supplied clips tough to get in, or maybe I'm just weak :laugh:

Metal footrest hopefully coming tomorrow and once that is fitted I guess I need to start thinking about what else to do. Maybe change out the lights and consider buying the TRC front splitter. Would any normal garage be able to fit the splitter as I don't really trust myself to do it? (plus I don't have the equipment). 

Wind_Deflectors_on.jpg

Edit: The "#TeamCEUK" is photoshopped on, those stickers should also be delivered tomorrow hopefully so I just thought I'd see how they looked before applying them, thoughts?

looking good and im sure an body shop garage should be able to fit you front splitter as I fitted one my self to my focus if I can do one any body can ha ha

• Like 1

I probably could but depending on what they charge me to fit it I'd rather not risk it :D 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club