Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Resegmentation just means it's had to be allocated new parts. Might have been a supply or quality issue.

ah right okay so the build date and delivery due date to dealer should be correct with regards to it being resegmentated ?

4 minutes ago, jakephillips05 said:

ah right okay so the build date and delivery due date to dealer should be correct with regards to it being resegmentated ?

Not 100% sure if it's waiting to be allocated new parts, or it's had them at that stage.

The Ford dealership is Evans Halshaw in Hull.

Had our last few cars from there with no issues. This delay issue isn't the fault of the dealership though, it is Ford.

The mk7.5 I got in 2017 was brought from somewhere between Wales/Liverpool I was told. It was delivered there and transported to Hull. They said there would be a short delay as they had to fill the transporter up before it could set off ... wanted a full load I guess.

Don't know what that means, I guess someone here will be able to tell us. 
Seems strange that all the delivery days for the mk8 are the 10th March, as ours is.
Guess we will see in just over 3 weeks if and how many arrive on the 10th.
From a personal point of view it seems like ours is on schedule as the dealer asked for a copy of the v750 document yesterday for the mrs reg plate so they could register the vehicle. Hopefully this sounds promising as surely a vehicle that wasn't built and due to be delivered couldn't have a plate assigned to it..... could it???
Yeah, that is interesting. Maybe just a coincidence.. looking at that Vista screenshot, it actually says week beginning 10th March, so maybe it's not as much of a coincidence as it seems.

Did you by any chance go for the Magnetic paint as well?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, peat said:

Yeah, that is interesting. Maybe just a coincidence.. looking at that Vista screenshot, it actually says week beginning 10th March, so maybe it's not as much of a coincidence as it seems.

Did you by any chance go for the Magnetic paint as well?

yeh on my vista screen it says W/E week ending march 10th which is a Saturday so basically it should be there by end of week so any day that week it could arrive 

yeh on my vista screen it says W/E week ending march 10th which is a Saturday so basically it should be there by end of week so any day that week it could arrive 
Ah yeah, you're right, week ending - that's better. Was slightly concerned as my dealer said a week for the pre delivery inspection, which means I'll be cutting it very fine on the insurance for my current car.

3 hours ago, peat said:

Ah yeah, you're right, week ending - that's better. Was slightly concerned as my dealer said a week for the pre delivery inspection, which means I'll be cutting it very fine on the insurance for my current car.

and also yes i did go for the magnetic grey did yo ?

and also yes i did go for the magnetic grey did yo ?
Yeah, I did. Oops - thought I mentioned that on my earlier post. Nice choice :)

2 hours ago, peat said:

Yeah, I did. Oops - thought I mentioned that on my earlier post. Nice choice :)

very nice mt favourite, what model and spec did you get ?

16 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Seems strange that all the delivery days for the mk8 are the 10th March, as ours is.

It's actually the week ending 10th March. Mine is scheduled for week ending the 17th March. All ford deliverys get shown as the week ending, not a specific date. All the new cars I sell will appear during the week sometime. I don't think I've ever had a transporter turn up at a weekend.

• Like 1

Peat, The paint she chose was white.

But got added extras such as rev camera and not sure what else she asked for to be honest.

I am not sure whether white is just a flat colour? It was added extra for white on the mk8 where as if I wanted white on my mk7.5 it was a free colour if I remember right.

The mail from dealer may well say W/e 10th of March, (probably does) and that would then coincide with what others are being told. That is good as hopefully we can collect 8th or 9th as I am.off work.

I am losing track now but I believe this is the 3rd delivery date we have been given, hence no breath being held.

The only glimmer of light is the request of the V750 to assign the plates.

3 hours ago, Mavroz said:

But got added extras such as rev camera and not sure what else she asked for to be honest.

I am not sure whether white is just a flat colour? It was added extra for white on the mk8 where as if I wanted white on my mk7.5 it was a free colour if I remember right.

The mail from dealer may well say W/e 10th of March, (probably does) and that would then coincide with what others are being told. That is good as hopefully we can collect 8th or 9th as I am.off work.

I am losing track now but I believe this is the 3rd delivery date we have been given, hence no breath being held.

My latest update was 13.02.18 (the day it was supposed to have been built) and it had changed from Segmentation to Assembly Offline so I am hopefully starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel (a very very long tunnel).

I too have a personalized number plate but my dealer hasn't yet asked for the documentation - but still 2-3 weeks to go even if on schedule for delivery w/e 10.03.18 as advised.

Yes hopefully they are trying to be proactive as there may be a glut of vehicles inbound to the dealerships around the same time. 

very nice mt favourite, what model and spec did you get ?

Titanium with B&O play, park assist, driver assistance pack and comfort pack.

It's actually the week ending 10th March. Mine is scheduled for week ending the 17th March. All ford deliverys get shown as the week ending, not a specific date. All the new cars I sell will appear during the week sometime. I don't think I've ever had a transporter turn up at a weekend.

Thanks for the clarification. Useful to know that they generally don't show up on the weekend.

Ah OK, well, good luck this time around. I've not had a V750 yet for mine. If your dealer take as long as mine to do the pre-delivery inspection (mine said a week) the 8th/9th might be a bit optimistic.

just had new vista screen from dealer, production has started on my titanum yay !!!!!!!!!!!!. but does anyone know what body offline means ?

1 minute ago, jakephillips05 said:

just had new vista screen from dealer, production has started on my titanum yay !!!!!!!!!!!!. but does anyone know what body offline means ?

Means the chassis has been put together.

Next is paint offline (self explanatory)

Then assembly offline which is the drivetrain, interior, electrics, etc.

Just now, alexp999 said:

Means the chassis has been put together.

Next is paint offline (self explanatory)

Then assembly offline which is the drivetrain, interior, electrics, etc.

ah awesome thanks mate, makes sense now haha, how long does it take from chassis being built to everything else being done ? few days ?

1 minute ago, jakephillips05 said:

ah awesome thanks mate, makes sense now haha, how long does it take from chassis being built to everything else being done ? few days ?

It's usually all done in the space of a day or two. Just depends on when the computer last pulled an update through.

Gate release is the important one. That means it's passed QC and has been released from the factory for transportation.

28 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It's usually all done in the space of a day or two. Just depends on when the computer last pulled an update through.

Gate release is the important one. That means it's passed QC and has been released from the factory for transportation.

okay brilliant thanks for the info, it only went into production today. how long does gate release take ?

4 minutes ago, jakephillips05 said:

okay brilliant thanks for the info, it only went into production today. how long does gate release take ?

Might not be until mid next week, generally they're gate released within a week of entering production.

Just depends if any adjustments or re-works are needed.

54 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Might not be until mid next week, generally they're gate released within a week of entering production.

Just depends if any adjustments or re-works are needed.

ah right okay cheers

My titanium b&o play ordered on 20th November is built and in stock and being held by my lease company till 1st march for an 18 plate 😀

Ordered my ST-Line X 140PS on 15th August and eventually got a confirmed build date of 15th February so dealer said i should have it within 3 weeks. Ordered in Magnetic Grey with 18" Rock metallic wheels, camera/sensors, door edge protectors, comfort pack, driver assistance pack, pano roof and B&O sound system. Original delivery date when ordered was end of October so only 4 months late!

My Car has gone Body Offline this morning, so all being well it will arrive with me in 3 weeks.

PASS THE SMELLING SALTS!

Mine has left the factory and is therefore on schedule to arrive at dealership w/ending 10.03.18

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club