Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Music Via Bluetooth From Iphone -No Track Info

quaffa

Hi, apologies if this has been covered before. I have looked, but found nothing obvious.

I've had my 2013 Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium for a couple of weeks now, but last night was the first time I tried to play some music from my iPhone through the SYNC device in the car over the bluetooth.

It certainly plays the music okay, but I was a bit disappointed to see that it didn't display any track information. This led to me becoming a bit confused when I was trying to select a particular track using the steering wheel 'back-and-forth' buttons.

Am I missing something? Do I need to do something to get the track info displayed? Or is it a case of it simply not being possible?

(To be honest, apart from my mouse & keyboard at home which are pretty basic, this is the first time I've ever tried doing anything with bluetooth, so I'm a bit unfamiliar with it's capabilities.)

Thanks in advance.

Only does this via USB, bluetooth just doesn't send this information in the signal.

Oh, I see. That's a shame. :(

Thanks for replying.

Yeah i've noticied this on mine and find it highly annoying so ended up getting a USB charger (£1.75 from amazon ^_^) for the car and leaving it in and connecting the iPhone that way. Also found the sound quieter through the bluetooth, much louder with the USB. :D

K x

USB is much better all round, bar the fact it ends up very fiddly and distracting shuffling through albums and playlists.

USB is much better all round, bar the fact it ends up very fiddly and distracting shuffling through albums and playlists.

Do you not use the voice control to select the artist/album?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

Only does this via USB, Bluetooth just doesn't send this information in the signal.

I was wondering this too, thanks for clearing this up :)

I use USB mainly, but at home and on phone I use Spotify. Would be great to have the info on the display.

I was wondering this too, thanks for clearing this up :)

I use USB mainly, but at home and on phone I use Spotify. Would be great to have the info on the display.

I use Spotify for my music in the car and via USB it shows all information :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Do you not use the voice control to select the artist/album?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

No. The voice control feature never even crossed my mind, I must admit. :wacko:

But the reality was that I'd already got the artist & album set on my iPhone, because I was listening to it before I tried it in the car. And another problem was that it was a new album I didn't know the track names of, (Coldplay Ghost Stories), so I wouldn't have known what to say in any case.

To digress slightly, as my question about bluetooth has been answered, what are the SYNC apps that it keeps telling me I have none of installed?

Are there any useful ones? Where can one get them? Are they downloadable online, or what?

I don't think the voice works for playing specific tracks / albums either, it works for next track and previous track ( but it takes longer that just pressing the button on the wheel ) again I think this is USB only, part of the reason you need to install the phonebook is so the voice control can pick it up iirc.

Matt,

I've done a bit more research into this, and I've discovered that an iPhone 4 DOES send track information out in it's bluetooth signal.

Apparently it's all to do with the bluetooth profile, and an iPhone 4 supports the relevant profile, which is called 'Audio/Video Remote Control Profile', or 'AVRCP 1.4' for short.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3647

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bluetooth_profiles#Audio.2FVideo_Remote_Control_Profile_.28AVRCP.29

The snag is that the device to which one is connecting it also needs to support that profile for it to work. Clearly the Sony Sync unit in my Fiesta doesn't support the profile, which is why it isn't displaying the information.

Now the question is: Is the Ford-Sony Sync unit firmware upgradeable at all? And if so, does the firmware upgrade include AVRCP 1.4? And if so, how does one go about getting the firmware upgrade?

A question for Ford Dealer Support, perhaps?

Hmmmmmmm Bear in mind my bluetooth knowledge and training was when I worked for Dixons, thats going back 10 years now when it was first invented, how times have changed lol

It seems even my phone has Version 1.3 ( which is the one for track info btw ) and IOS6 supports it as well.

Just asked a guy at work and he doesn't get the problem and just said his Golf with multimeadia display does do this and always has, so again I / we have a Poverty spec car....

It wouldn't be Ford the release an update it would be Sony, which is probably for the best as Ford will say no.

I'll drop Sony Customer support an email and ask them what to do, I'll bet a years wages they say ask Ford and Ford say ask Sony.

It's probably a no go as currently you can't even view the firmware version on the unit itself, there is just no option to do so,

Worryingly, IOS6 was around before this Stereo wasn't it?

Well, I've done the same to Ford support, so between us we.... should get two disappointing replies, or perhaps none at all. :rolleyes:

I'm as pessimistic as you sound normally, but... when I first saw no track info I typed something like 'ford sync bluetooth' into Google and found myself on what I quickly realised was the Ford America Sync site. And on there I'm sure I saw that they were making upgrades for Sync available.

You're probably right though...

Ford provide updates for all software in the states, we get really shorthanded over here.

Need to actually research how to get them in the states online, if it's just a simple register a car etc that's nothing a Bit of using TOR to mask my IP and divert to their site manually, Search a US car sales site and pick a ST Registration and fingers crossed it can be downloaded to a USB stick, more work will be done tonight on that.

Would be interesting to know. I have the iPhone 5s and on the last update it included something around the phone being compatible with some in-car hands free technologies via bluetooth but when I try and use them; for example the option to read text messages, it tells me my phone is not compatible with the Software for this. Annoying but suppose it's better that way, less distracting! :p

Ford, for whatever reason, seem very lax on what they provide with in-car tech here compared to the States. I was hoping we'd have acquired AppLink by now, but although the EcoSport is apparently available with it, it seems no other UK Ford is. Such a simple thing as bluetooth streaming with data display really should be available and there's not really a good excuse I can think of why it isn't. And Ford blaming Sony is a non-starter for me. Ford commissioned the units so they could have requested from Sony whatever spec they wanted and Sony would have had to supply to that spec or lose the contract. Seems to be another example of "stuff it, it's the UK, we'll charge the same for the car but give them less for the money and they'll just pay up and shut up as usual"

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Pay the same for the Car??? In the US the ST is $21,000 so exchange rate of 1.65 is £12804 approx!!! AND the US model comes with the packs such as CC, Rear seat heat vents, Cruise control, Sat Nav and this Sony Unit, Power mirrors, ST logo mats, Full size spare wheel, Tyre pressure system and more!!!

We are getting well and truly shafted by Ford over here!

It's because the yanks love gadgets in cars and most of theirs are fully loaded.

So why though do they bang on about not getting euro spec cars?

I use Spotify for my music in the car and via USB it shows all information :)

I was just taking about bluetooth but that's handy to know about the USB. I only have a 32gb stick in my USB but might start putting my spare cable on and listening to spotify :)

It's because the yanks love gadgets in cars and most of theirs are fully loaded.

So why though do they bang on about not getting euro spec cars?

They don't get some the Supercars that we have over here due to emmision laws, Certain states like California have very strict laws on that, they also have noise regulations as well, which some of our loud and proud Astons, Koeniggs and some Ferraris can't meet or have to be modified and as a result not as powerful.

I think thats why the Viper and Corvettes aren't very powerful for their sizes too, give an 8L V10 to a European engineer and he / she would come up with a lot lot more than 500BHP, BMW managed that with a 5L V10 years ago.

I watched a YouTube clip on the new focus st, they were saying that for once they get the same spec *hot* version as us. I can only assume from that, that we get the better performance editions, but worse interiors. The US focus had a great looking infotainment system.

Yep, California especially are tighter than a nun's chuff on emissions.

I know, I'm off to Florida on the 05/06 for the first family holiday and we have a Ford Escape for two weeks with infotainment as it comes standard on that, Quite looking forward to driving Dexters car.

Wanted a Vette but due to the boy arriving earlier this year I can't and the wife wouldn't let me anyway... ( insert sad face )

Focus ST is a really good spec though, wife went to look at a new one and liked it but nill discounts going, the seats in them are without a doubt the huggiest I've ever sat in, you feel like recaro are cuddling you all the way.

Now I'm confused. Just collected my new Titanium and over bluetooth (both music and Spotify apps) it shows track info.

This is from Spotify:

post-53284-140077331688_thumb.jpg

Srs??? WTF are Ford doing?

Epic tune that though, the Live recording they did back in the 90's was much better than the Studio one, it's on the album one wild night if it's on there.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club