Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Spot The Poor Vauxhall!

nath.mk7.st

Glad we did away with shirts/ties for daily uniform - Very inpractical.

Still have a shirt for smart public occasions but never was keen on ties at all.

• Like 1

Still have a shirt for smart public occasions but never was keen on ties at all.

Did you have those clip on ones?

I've done some work in the past where clip ons were a must, under no circumstances were proper ties to be worn... having something TIED round your neck was never considered a wise start....

One of the very few instances an AB can issue a direct order to an officer of any rank is to remove a tie prior to boarding a sea boat.

I tend to wear 4's (blue open collared shirt and blue trousers) for work. Some Captains insist on 3's of one variant or another (long sleeved shirt with a tie or short sleeved shirt without).

We're supposed to be getting new uniform soon. Which kinda reminds of a Vauxhall - friggin' awful to look at!! Hopefully it'll be comfier and more practical than a Vauxhall...

IMG_20160101_120916_zpskfzcsksl.jpg

Found this whilst picking up some bits from Gumtree :)

• Like 1

Ye Gods.

Look at the crap on that drive (and the moss ;) )

• Like 7

That's hilarious :lol:

How could the householder/owner not notice it, they'd have to walk by it everyday, every time they came out the front door. Unless it's owned by a recluse :lol:

Having said that, there's moss/algae on the house window sills as well!

Did you have those clip on ones?

I've done some work in the past where clip ons were a must, under no circumstances were proper ties to be worn... having something TIED round your neck was never considered a wise start....

It's quite surprising the H&SE haven't ruled against ties in the workplace

I have heard of machine shop operators. getting drawn into lathes and milling machines, their ties having got entangled - it doesn't end well :wacko: :(

Butchers in ties, with mincers, would be a good combination, either :wacko:

That's hilarious :lol:

How could the householder/owner not notice it, they'd have to walk by it everyday, every time they came out the front door. Unless it's owned by a recluse :lol:

Having said that, there's moss/algae on the house window sills as well!

Too be honest I think the owner has left the property as the roof is hanging over the top bedroom window. The property is looking a little worse for wear.

I feel sorry for next door neighbours having to live next door to it. It's a very nice neighbourhood surprisingly and this is an odd one.

Had a take the photo for two reasons: 1) its a little worse for wear 2) its a whizzpopper

What a complete mess,love to get a Jet wash on that and see the flying parts come off.

Why would you do that,put an astra on your drive.

• Like 1

Looks to me like the owner(s) died and the house and car have just lay there undisturbed for years.

That's your opinion... I used to work at an Estate Agency and shirt and tie was mandatory - I loved it. Nothing wrong with making an effort.

It surprises me how few men can tie their ties these days, it is almost non-existent.

That's your opinion... I used to work at an Estate Agency and shirt and tie was mandatory - I loved it. Nothing wrong with making an effort.

It surprises me how few men can tie their ties these days, it is almost non-existent.

Could it be, because outside of the public schools, ties have ceased to be part of the mandatory uniform.

All the local LEA schools round here, have hoodies or sweatshirts instead of ties and formal shirts

Could it be, because outside of the public schools, ties have ceased to be part of the mandatory uniform.

All the local LEA schools round here, have hoodies or sweatshirts instead of ties and formal shirts

Ludicrous, how are pupils meant to respect their teachers when they are not being made to dress properly?

Absolutely ridiculous.

Ludicrous, how are pupils meant to respect their teachers when they are not being made to dress properly?

Absolutely ridiculous.

Now now Grandad, you just sit down there!! I'll go grab your pipe & slippers - and pop the kettle on whilst I'm at it

:D

Absolutely ridiculous.

Many of the teachers are as informally dressed as the pupils.

Now now Grandad, you just sit down there!! I'll go grab your pipe & slippers - and pop the kettle on whilst I'm at it

Thanks Sean - milk no sugar.

Whilst cigarette smokers are becoming rarer and rarer: cigar smokers have always been relatively rare: I haven't seen a pipe smoker for getting on for 30 years or so.

Do they still exist?

Whilst cigarette smokers are becoming rarer and rarer: cigar smokers have always been relatively rare: I haven't seen a pipe smoker for getting on for 30 years or so.

Do they still exist?

Come to think of it, it has been at least 3 years since I saw anybody smoking a pipe. I like my cigars, but have never thought about venturing into pipes...

One of my colleagues smokes a pipe.

Always loved the smell, reminds me of my grandad.

One of my colleagues smokes a pipe.

Always loved the smell, reminds me of my grandad.

Yeah they have a very pleasing aroma.

The last time I saw someone smoke a pipe was about 30 years ago, in the pub by the lifting bridge at Hamworthy, whose name I can't recall at the moment.

Aye my grandad I'd a good old pipe man!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

The last time I saw someone smoke a pipe was about 30 years ago, in the pub by the lifting bridge at Hamworthy, whose name I can't recall at the moment.

Everybody says that, but I have yet to smell one being smoked!

Do you smoke, yourself Ghana? I remember you stating that you had tobacco at one point but wasn't sure if it was in the form of cigarettes, cigars or a pipe?

After some Googling, it turns out the pub was closed down in 2010, it was called "The Ferryman"

Everybody says that, but I have yet to smell one being smoked!

Do you smoke, yourself Ghana? I remember you stating that you had tobacco at one point but wasn't sure if it was in the form of cigarettes, cigars or a pipe?

Yes, I smoke cigarettes. I used to be one of many amongst my mates: now I'm of four of us

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club