Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I am concerned about the amount of paper I have left in my second office.....

Adverts and pop ups on forums and websites. Using crap advert services to gain revenue that's pisses the users off.

Every forum and lots of websites are the same these days, all about making money and sod the users experience.

Pure greed mostly. Just my opinion of course.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, simcor said:

Adverts and pop ups on forums and websites. Using crap advert services to gain revenue that's pisses the users off.

Every forum and lots of websites are the same these days, all about making money and sod the users experience.

Pure greed mostly. Just my opinion of course.

I couldn't agree more!  Hence why I use ad blocker.  Yes it is bad for the genuine websites/forums that need advertising revenue to operate, but there is just too much junk out there that I have to do it unfortunately.

• Like 1

To be fair, websites and forums (like this one) have costs associated with running it - web hosting (the physical servers that this site run on, and the internet connectivity/bandwidth for the servers required to display this site to your eyes), is NOT free.

But I completely agree that some sites over-do advertising. For example, sod watching a 20 second advert for a 30 second YouTube video. 

• Like 1

My clear plastic bag for toiletries for airport screening is slightly to big by 1cm!! Just had slapped wrists by security!

Having insufficient John Innes No.2, to complete the transplanting of the tubbed tomatoes and courgettes last night.:sad:  I also ran out of manure

I also had a 10 hour outage on my office broadband, which started with little warning around 10pm.  Only now has it returned.

I established via my phones 4G service this morning, on my ISP's (Timico) service status page, That Talk Talk Business had a problem on their backbone, which has caused some Timico users to have a complete loss of service until this morning.  I wonder why mine didn't reroute on to another network, as it's supposed to, when these outages can happen?

It's only when you lose it, albeit temporarily, that realise how dependent we've become on the service:mellow:

Think that applies to everything in this world Ghana..... Never realise how lucky until it's gone.... Except for maybe herpes or some other ailments I've been fortunate enough not to have....

• Like 1

I don't like the inane idiot who took my call to book the 405 in for its MOT today, when I called on Tuesday.  His exact words were "we've got a couple of MOTs in the morning so I'll book you in for 1PM", which I agreed to and advised the car would be dropped off just after midday. 

As my mother was dropping it off whilst I was at work, I called them at 12:30 to advise she was on her way and double check that they'd be able to get it done by the end of the day.  The response I got (from a different mechanic to who answered on Tuesday) was "the 405 was booked in for first thing!" :angry:

Well no it sodding well wasn't, and as a result he didn't have space to fit it in today, and even if he did I wouldn't trust them with it now. 

Consequently it has now been booked into another local garage for Monday at 9AM. 

I just hope that this is one of those cases where God stepped in and saved me from being ripped off or something, as the other garage may turn out to be better.

• Like 1

I don't like finding the diaphragm of my Whale Gusher Urchin pump has split:sad:, and then discovering the service kit price is over half the price of a new pump!:ohmy:

Not too mention getting squirted forcefully, with each thrust as I transferred 210 litres of water from one of the storage butts to my plunging butt:mellow:

52 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like the inane idiot who took my call to book the 405 in for its MOT today, when I called on Tuesday.  His exact words were "we've got a couple of MOTs in the morning so I'll book you in for 1PM", which I agreed to and advised the car would be dropped off just after midday. 

As my mother was dropping it off whilst I was at work, I called them at 12:30 to advise she was on her way and double check that they'd be able to get it done by the end of the day.  The response I got (from a different mechanic to who answered on Tuesday) was "the 405 was booked in for first thing!" :angry:

Well no it sodding well wasn't, and as a result he didn't have space to fit it in today, and even if he did I wouldn't trust them with it now. 

Consequently it has now been booked into another local garage for Monday at 9AM. 

I just hope that this is one of those cases where God stepped in and saved me from being ripped off or something, as the other garage may turn out to be better.

Do the Scottish councils let you use their own testing stations, where they just test it and nothing else? You take it away and do the restorative work yourself or get get someone else, should it fail?  Thus avoiding getting ripped off.

Just now, GMX said:

Do the Scottish councils let you use their own testing stations, where they just test it and nothing else? You take it away and do the restorative work yourself or get get someone else, should it fail?  Thus avoiding getting ripped off.

They do, but I don't have one locally!

I use to use the council testing station down here until I acquired a mate who is a tester.  Now he does it and gives me the trade rate:smile:

I don't like how good my mates car looks after 5 minutes with demonshine after I've spent a couple of hours doing mine properly.  Of course his paint feels like sandpaper and it'll only last a week but still annoying lol.

5 hours ago, GMX said:

I don't like finding the diaphragm of my Whale Gusher Urchin pump has split:sad:, and then discovering the service kit price is over half the price of a new pump!:ohmy:

Not too mention getting squirted forcefully, with each thrust as I transferred 210 litres of water from one of the storage butts to my plunging butt:mellow:

Probably be better off/cheaper to buy a cheap manual bilge pump.  I've used a variety of brands in many boats - but they're all comparable these days days (with regard to efficiency and durability).

Or buy a cheap electric bilge pump with float switch - think I picked up my last one for about £15.  Rig it up to a 12v power supply and you're well away lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SeanW said:

Probably be better off/cheaper to buy a cheap manual bilge pump.  I've used a variety of brands in many boats - but they're all comparable these days days (with regard to efficiency and durability).

Or buy a cheap electric bilge pump with float switch - think I picked up my last one for about £15.  Rig it up to a 12v power supply and you're well away lol

That's a much better idea:smile:

I don't like the inexplicable traffic jam on the A31 westbound we encountered returning Brandy's food shopping in West Moors.  I can only assume there must some kind of stoppage west of Merley.  It took the best part of an hour to from Ferndown to Merley which is only about 5½ miles!!!!:sad:

Brandy's food shopping journey is usually 20 minutes there and back, except on a Friday afternoon, when all the west dwelling commuters clog up the A31, but that's never nearly an hour

I also don't like forgetting the name of salad leaf plants, that I like, that "Fresh and Naked" grow for Tescos.  Despite standing in front of the seeds in the nursery and visually scanning all the salad leaves seeds: it didn't come to me.  and it is still eluding me, even now:mellow:

I don't like the Hyundai's "CHECK ENGINE" light coming on when I floored it to overtake a cyclist...  Presumably something happened when the transmission kicked down and it hit 6,000RPM, which triggered the light. 

Going to have to look up how to disable it now, or wait for it to go out of its own accord (which it should do eventually if the problem doesn't come back again).

I don't like knowing that my whole month could be ruined by one phone call tomorrow morning...  Given that the Santa Fe has gone through 3/4 of a tank in less than 200 miles, that won't be a financially feasible option to use for the rest of the month (over 1,000 miles of commuting), and my budget for repairs to the Peugeot is getting smaller and smaller. 

• Like 1

I don't like spending £65 on a night out a remembering mostly none of it lol

• Like 3

I don't like spending £65 on a night out a remembering mostly none of it lol

If it was a good night out then you wouldn't remember any of it 😎

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

If it was a good night out then you wouldn't remember any of it 😎

Sent from my SM-G930F

And bonus points are awarded if you manage to get away with only having a 'mild' hangover the next day!

• Like 3

Even more points if you find a road cone in your bedroom and lipstick where it isn't expected 😗

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 3

Can't say I've ever found lipstick on a traffic cone...let alone in my bedroom

That is what you meant wasn't it Clive? :P

• Like 2

Don't like Renault Clio hire car, 0.9 tce. 3cyl . Renault's answer to the ford ecoboost. Makes a fiesta ecoboost sound so quiet, smooth and refined.

Don't like my kids or dog.  Kids are hyper & plowing round the garden & house & in turn so is the dog.  I on the other hand feel like death warmed up as the adult rocket fuel hasn't kicked in yet

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club