Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

4 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but you've made me very glad I am single and childless! :laugh:

I understand you 100% 

even the kids call me Leonard 😀 zero respect 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like my lighter running out of gas, and then finding out that the cigarette lighter in the Rover doesn't work!!  The receptacle supplies power to electrical items but the lighter element does not heat up, so it must be broken or just dirty.

Bit of wire between battery terminals? :smile:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Bit of wire between battery terminals? :smile:

That would work!! :laugh:

As it turned out I managed to get a small flame out of my lighter after much trying, just enough to light my cigarette thankfully.

• Like 1

I don't like the 'view' from our hotel window! Having said that, we're only sleeping here and didn't book for the view! 

IMG_20170409_173033557.jpg

• Like 1

I don't like the summery 20°C morning weather has in the last couple of hours become a wintery 5°C :sad:, when the southerly wind did a 180° U-turn and is now drawing some Arctic like air over, from the north.  Pipper's evening stroll will require a fleece and a hat now: whereas this morning's even a shirt felt a little too overdressed for the heat:mellow:

I also don't like the power steering fluid that dripped on to the drive as I drove the Mk1 up to my ramps last week, to replace it's pressure switch, is still there, despite copious applications of Swarfega oil remover, various drive cleaners and a hearty powerwash:sad: 

One less obvious solution would be to apply Ford green power steering fluid over the whole drive, so it's becomes a uniform colour:laugh::unsure:

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like the 'view' from our hotel window! Having said that, we're only sleeping here and didn't book for the view! 

IMG_20170409_173033557.jpg

My OCD would cause me heat distress in that room mate.

1. The cable is white and doesn't match the tile colour it should be black.

2. It's not straight down and clipped along the fascia.

3. The spouting is beyond needing a clean it's corroded and affecting the plaster on the wall underneath.

• Like 2

I don't like that my bottom front teeth have become very sensitive all of a sudden...

6 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like that my bottom front teeth have become very sensitive all of a sudden...

I cut back on energy drinks and experience the same mate, my front bottom teeth and upper left side teeth aswell, because I mostly sleep on that side, 

The energy drinks have destroyed the enamel, 

absolute legend sadly gone, I followed Clarke&Dawe for years on YouTube, there latest sketch was only released 4 days ago, thus is shocking.

Here's some of his good stuff 

• Like 3

Thanks @Lenny I'm now in trouble with SWMBO for not unloading the dishwasher, tidying the kitchen, washing the car and not walking the dog. I've spent the last hour on YouTube watching all their videos and chuckling to myself lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Thanks @Lenny I'm now in trouble with SWMBO for not unloading the dishwasher, tidying the kitchen, washing the car and not walking the dog. I've spent the last hour on YouTube watching all their videos and chuckling to myself lol

My wife is so racist; she thought I was watching the same YouTube video over and over again for the past few years Quote "all them Australian's sound exactly the same" 😯

• Like 1

Hahah! So do the Scottish [emoji6]

Thanks for posting that Lenny, what a shock.  I had only just recently came across their videos on YouTube and got great pleasure out of watching them!  Such a shame there will be no more.

I particularly enjoyed this one:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

My wife is so racist; she thought I was watching the same YouTube video over and over again for the past few years Quote "all them Australian's sound exactly the same" 😯

Ha!  People in glass houses... :laugh:

• Like 1

Cost of insurance and having to pay to replace my bumper after I obliterated a fox at 50mph after it ran out into the road lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 0mgJohn said:

Cost of insurance and having to pay to replace my bumper after I obliterated a fox at 50mph after it ran out into the road lol

Ouch!  You are fortunate it is just the bumper though, as it could easily have damaged the bonnet and grille, plus the radiator.

This !!!!####!!@@!

other guy pulled out on me, admitted liability but !!!!!! 

even worse courtesy car is a WHITE skoda citigo ..........

i really want my mk3 back!

2666203072071525743-account_id=1.jpg

16 minutes ago, Victory said:

This !!!!####!!@@!

other guy pulled out on me, admitted liability but !!!!!! 

even worse courtesy car is a WHITE skoda citigo ..........

i really want my mk3 back!

2666203072071525743-account_id=1.jpg

Jeez!  Shame, I hope it can be repaired.  Chances are though that most insurers would write it off.

Look on the bright side though, you could have got a Corsa!!

5 hours ago, 0mgJohn said:

😯What did the fox say?

• Like 1

haha very true! being repaired should have it back after easter , would love know how much its all costing

the other car was a citroen c4 it was obliterated at the front.

41 minutes ago, Lenny said:

😯What did the fox say?

34378833.jpg

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Victory said:

haha very true! being repaired should have it back after easter , would love know how much its all costing

the other car was a citroen c4 it was obliterated at the front.

I wouldn't be seen dead in a modern Citroen, terrible cars!  I know new cars are designed to "absorb" the damage so that the cabin is protected, but I prefer older vehicles because they can withstand collisions better without falling to pieces. 

• Like 2

What do you define as "modern"? Yes, the ones from 10 years ago weren't the best but the C4 Cactus and new C3 have been well received by reviewers and the public. Whether you like them or not is a different matter, I don't see why they are "terrible cars" personally. It's all personal taste.

2 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

What do you define as "modern"? Yes, the ones from 10 years ago weren't the best but the C4 Cactus and new C3 have been well received by reviewers and the public. Whether you like them or not is a different matter, I don't see why they are "terrible cars" personally. It's all personal taste.

The last of the good Citroens in my opinion was the Xantia which ceased production in 2002.  After the C5 and subsequent models were released they were incredibly unreliable, at least that's what I've heard from people who have owned them. 

• Like 1

Never owned a Citroen but always fancied a BX, that's the one with the hydropneumatic suspension isn't it? The 4TC looked pretty good and had the longer nose to allow for the engine to be mounted sideways. My dad had a 2CV at one point too but I wasn't around to see that one haha. My uncle recently put a cactus through a crash test, albeit an impromptu one, which it passed but it will never go again [emoji53] he will though thanks to its crumple zones and what not.

EDIT I forgot I owned a saxo VTR MK2, a car better forgotten to be honest

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club