Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

1 hour ago, Pullock said:

I saw a news story recently, I think it was in China, if a driver is caught using their high beams when they aren't needed they have to sit in front of them staring at them for a full minute. Can't we do this to people who drive with their fog lights on when it's not foggy?

Yes please!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SeanW said:

Thought they warmed up quite nicely without glow plugs lol

My like is almost related to the fog lights thing...rear though - the bulbs are NOT as listed in the book, but are very quick and easy to change...under a minute per side!

Unlike the headlamps!! Just fitted Nightbreakers after my ns dipped beam blew the other day.

Also washed the car as my other half pointed out that neither of my numberplates were readable through the dirt...oops lol

I've noticed quite a few cars driving around like that recently, thanks to the grit on the roads.  A very easy way to get pulled over and fined, so I always make sure that even if my car is filthy, the plates are clean.

• Like 1

I do like the driver of the car on the opposite carriageway warning me of these two being in the road. I also like the disk brakes on the ST.

Bambi.JPG

• Like 3

I do like finding my missing Syke Pickavant Brake/Pipe Flaring Master Kit again:smile:

I wasn't entirely sure where it had gone, nobody had borrowed as far as I could remember, it had just vanished:unsure:

It turned out it was behind one of the freezers:laugh: Which i now remember, the last time I used it  was to flare some 15mm steel tube to use as conduit. When I decided to put all the freezers in a row and needed more sockets:wallbash: 

• Like 1

Things I don't like - nearly crashing into a stupid Kuga driver, who pulled out in front of me, totally ignoring the concept of a roundabout!! If I hadn't sharply braked, both our cars would have been write-offs, the quality of driving at round ere seems to get worse and worse every day!!

17 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like finding my missing Syke Pickavant Brake/Pipe Flaring Master Kit again:smile:

I wasn't entirely sure where it had gone, nobody had borrowed as far as I could remember, it had just vanished:unsure:

It turned out it was behind one of the freezers:laugh: Which i now remember, the last time I used it  was to flare some 15mm steel tube to use as conduit. When I decided to put all the freezers in a row and needed more sockets:wallbash: 

It does feel good to find lost items, feels better when those lost items were 'safely stored away' in a place you swore they would never get lost in :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Things I don't like - nearly crashing into a stupid Kuga driver, who pulled out in front of me, totally ignoring the concept of a roundabout!! If I hadn't sharply braked, both our cars would have been write-offs, the quality of driving at round ere seems to get worse and worse every day!!

I hate that as well. I'm not fond of posting in the wrong thread either :wink::biggrin:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zico said:

It does feel good to find lost items, feels better when those lost items were 'safely stored away' in a place you swore they would never get lost in :biggrin:

I hate that as well. I'm not fond of posting in the wrong thread either :wink::biggrin:

Oops. Still not as "guilty" as the people posting model-specific issues with their car into the general chat section :tongue:

• Like 1

righty rooty tootie fruity..... I like coming here to say howdie to everyone, what have I missed... everyone well alright?

• Like 1

I do like my thrown together at the last minute tea, Tesco finest steak burgers with thinly sliced romanesco and a big dollop of mayonnaise:smile:

Molly decided she wanted some burger too, and kept trying to pull one off my plate :ohmy: Yet when I gave her piece, she sniffed it, played with it and went back to her cushion.

In the vain of being amusing rather I a true like, Molly seems to have taken voyeurism as far as anyone using any of the loos is corncerned. 

25 minutes ago, Ianb said:

righty rooty tootie fruity..... I like coming here to say howdie to everyone, what have I missed... everyone well alright?

Welcome back Ian:smile: 

It must be the week for regulars to return, first Wes and now you, I wonder who'll be next? Mark perhaps?

• Like 2

I do like the driver of the car on the opposite carriageway warning me of these two being in the road. I also like the disk brakes on the ST.

Bambi.JPG

Dear Dear [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like my thrown together at the last minute tea, Tesco finest steak burgers with thinly sliced romanesco and a big dollop of mayonnaise:smile:

Molly decided she wanted some burger too, and kept trying to pull one off my plate :ohmy:Yet when I gave her piece, she sniffed it, played with it and went back to her cushion.

In the vain of being amusing rather I a true like, Molly seems to have taken voyeurism as far as anyone using any of the loos is corncerned. 

It must be the week for regulars to return, first Wes and now you, I wonder who'll be next? Mark perhaps?

Exactly the same as Buttons.  She wants what she can't have, and once you give her it she doesn't want it anymore.  Mind you, a lot of humans are like that too...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Incontro said:

Oops. Still not as "guilty" as the people posting model-specific issues with their car into the general chat section :tongue:

You've noticed it too then?  Boils my blood!! :nono:

• Like 2

Haha cheers Ghana.

I broke my phone...or another one of my phones... I think I'm on my 4th this year? and this one also has rubbish memory, so I have no FOC app... and I've been so busy that sitting down on my laptop to chill is quite rare....

But of course I've got plenty of time to spare at the moment... I'm doing paperwork for the VAT return...due in 1 day and 1 hour.... *D'oh*

#procrastination!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ianb said:

Welcome back but please leave the tootie fruitiness at the door :biggrin:

2 hours ago, GMX said:

Molly decided she wanted some burger too, and kept trying to pull one off my plate :ohmy: Yet when I gave her piece, she sniffed it, played with it and went back to her cushion.

Would love a good burger right now with lashings of mayo. In fact I'm sure our dogs would like the same. No messing around with food and our dogs, in fact most of them wouldn't even let any food see the light of day for a split second before wolfing it down :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Dear Dear emoji41.png

Sent from my SM-G930F

Oh dear :tongue:

2 hours ago, Ianb said:

Haha cheers Ghana.

I broke my phone...or another one of my phones... I think I'm on my 4th this year? and this one also has rubbish memory, so I have no FOC app... and I've been so busy that sitting down on my laptop to chill is quite rare....

But of course I've got plenty of time to spare at the moment... I'm doing paperwork for the VAT return...due in 1 day and 1 hour.... *D'oh*

#procrastination!

Recently treated myself to the OnePlus 3T phone. Massive upgrade from my 3yr old Nexus 5.

• Like 1

Hahah, well I did have a Sony xperia z3 on contract (2 year contract that runs out Feb I think), but fkd that up when I got airborne going down some stairs... then bought a second hand z1, which was fine but then that developed a crack on the touch screen sensory part (no idea how), then bought a crappy tescos £15 smartphone, which drove me to a point of insanity, so then 'splashed out' and bought some 'cheap' motorola smart phone, I think it was £40.... that's keeping me going for the moment... it's a decent phone but the memory is shocking...

10 hours ago, Ianb said:

Haha cheers Ghana.

I broke my phone...or another one of my phones... I think I'm on my 4th this year? and this one also has rubbish memory, so I have no FOC app... 

The app was removed last year wasnt it? I stopped coming on here when it went as my phone was rubbish and viewing the site through my browser was painfully slow and annoying. I still think the app was better!

On 04/12/2016 at 8:20 PM, jmurray01 said:

Better do it ASAP, as a diesel won't start on its own in this cold weather without working plugs.  Trust me, I know... :rolleyes:

Pfft...IDI drivers! :whistling:  I took a cold start video of the Focus yesterday at -2c, thought there might be some 'drama' at that temp after having not used it for 2 days and only doing 2 miles the day before that...but nope, it started immediately however some nob had left the auto wipers on so they scraped across the screen on startup and ruined the video audio! :dry::laugh: 

On 04/12/2016 at 11:58 PM, jmurray01 said:

I've noticed quite a few cars driving around like that recently, thanks to the grit on the roads.  A very easy way to get pulled over and fined, so I always make sure that even if my car is filthy, the plates are clean.

Lights as well!!  :smile: 

12 hours ago, Ianb said:

Who are you? :unsure:  Lol, welcome back Ian! :biggrin: 

37 minutes ago, WES180 said:

The app was removed last year wasnt it? I stopped coming on here when it went as my phone was rubbish and viewing the site through my browser was painfully slow and annoying. I still think the app was better!

Viewing the site on a phone browser is still pretty awkward tbh!  And that virus/malware is still on there occasionally.

• Like 2

Oh really ?   I used to use tapatalk or whatever it's called....  my my my, I'm not up to date with the times...

On the plus side, I barked at vodafone earlier today and they've cut my mobile bills in half and added an extra gb in data.... so I guess I like that!

• Like 3

I do like a trip to Tesco on the way home, and finding their offer on 1 litre bottles of spirits for £15!!

WP_20161206_19_34_42_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

I do like a trip to Tesco on the way home, and finding their offer on 1 litre bottles of spirits for £15!!
WP_20161206_19_34_42_Pro.jpg

Did you add some in your screenwash

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I do like hearing THE best Christmas song ever, for the first time this year......................pity I was in the dentist chair at the time and she started drilling so I missed most of it! :angry:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Pfft...IDI drivers! :whistling:  I took a cold start video of the Focus yesterday at -2c, thought there might be some 'drama' at that temp after having not used it for 2 days and only doing 2 miles the day before that...but nope, it started immediately however some nob had left the auto wipers on so they scraped across the screen on startup and ruined the video audio! :dry::laugh: 

Yeah, well...  Starts up no problem with new plugs though!

• Like 2

I do like hearing THE best Christmas song ever, for the first time this year......................pity I was in the dentist chair at the time and she started drilling so I missed most of it! 

Nooo! Not Christmas songs!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Yeah, well...  Starts up no problem with new plugs though!

That's a good start for 3 plugs tbh!  :biggrin: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

That's a good start for 3 plugs tbh!  :biggrin: 

Indeed!  There is a slight splutter from cylinder-1 for the first few seconds until it warms up, but it isn't noticeable and causes no problems starting.  When it comes to changing them again (which I hopefully won't need to do for another few years at least, given that they are Bosch plugs!) I think I'll just do the three as there is no way number 1 will come out easily, and it isn't worth the trouble to be honest.  A lot of people run old diesels with only 3 plugs anyway if one snaps off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club