Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St-2 First Service

The Dark Knight

I will soon be 12 months into ST-2 ownership and I was wondering how much I should expect to cough up for a Ford dealer service. I tried searching on here for previous topics but couldn't spot anything.

Cheers

I just bought a 2014 st2 and it just had its first service. I didn't have to pay but I think it's because I had just bought it.

I paid £122 for my first service back in November. Had only done 9k miles, but the year was up. That was with Furrows Ford in Shrewsbury

I've got a service contract with mine so paid nothing on the day. However it's only a minor service so shouldn't be more than £150

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Been quoted £165 by two separate Ford dealers so far. Will phone others on Monday as service depts closed at 12 today.

Which is disgraceful for what they do.

• Like 1

Which is disgraceful for what they do.

Absolutely I asked them to check my brakes cause they were squealing and the said if I wanted them stripping down that would be extra they would only do a visual check

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

service charges are scandless. Mine is going in on the 5th March for it's 2nd year service (been quoted £185). Have only covered 9000 miles (3000 miles since last service) - oil should be still golden.

My first service will be due end of April, just wondering what is the rule regarding keeping the warranty in terms of when the service must be done by? The car was registered on 30th April last year, so if I book the service for 30th April will I be ok? What if they can't do the service on the day for whatever reason, would I lose my warranty?

I'd try & book it in a few days earlier.

• Like 2

both my services have been done late due to me working away through out the week and the dealers haven't mentioned anything about my warranty being affected

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I'd try & book it in a few days earlier.

That's what I was thinking, might book it on the Saturday before but will see what my local dealer says (if they don't charge too much).

They'll charge too much alright. It must cost what? £30 oil + £10 filter? 30 minutes? £100 tops.

They'll charge too much alright. It must cost what? £30 oil + £10 filter? 30 minutes? £100 tops.

Yeah you're probably right, I checked the service schedule on Etis and there's not much that they have to do. Quite a few things to check though, and I might ask about the extra convenience checks too if that's not too expensive.

I think you have to ask them to do the checks and stamp the book for the corrosion warranty, otherwise that won't get done.

• Like 1

I think you have to ask them to do the checks and stamp the book for the corrosion warranty, otherwise that won't get done.

I'll try and remember that, is it a separate part of the book that gets stamped for the corrosion warranty?

corrosion and body check done every 2 years,

• Like 1

Take the car elsewhere, it doesn't have to go to Fraud to maintain the warranty, as long as they stamp the book it's valid.

I wouldn't worry about resale value either, it will make no difference to desirability, plus most of the time the dealer get the apprentices to do it anyway which is more worrying having them round the sump plug off.

• Like 2

Take the car elsewhere, it doesn't have to go to Fraud to maintain the warranty, as long as they stamp the book it's valid.

I wouldn't worry about resale value either, it will make no difference to desirability, plus most of the time the dealer get the apprentices to do it anyway which is more worrying having them round the sump plug off.

Fair point!

When I had my Clio, I did a Renault dealer service for the first 3 years - then 2 following years by In'n'Out. All other services were carried out by myself, including a complete engine flush every time I serviced it. I just noted everything down in the service book for reference. Eventually sold the Clio to a mate, and he knew I looked after it - peace of mind really.

I was thinking of taking it to the independant Ford garage that did the wiring for my dash cam, they seemed to be pretty good even though they didn't know how a fuse piggyback works lol. I'll get a quote from them anyway to compare.

My local dealer is also the one that did my Mountune upgrade, so they have at least one mechanic who knows what he's doing.

• Like 1

Do it, least independents use a better oil most of the time, Fraud will use the cheapest scummiest stuff going, " Ford Spec" oil, sometimes you can buy the oil yourself and get the garage to put it in, so some nice Helix or Castrol stuff.

'' Ford '' oil is made by B.P. / Castrol. . .

certainly is, one of the best oils , magatec proffesional, ford dealers actual;ly use Castrol branded oil normally

It isn't at all, go there and buy the Ford oil, it has no mention of BP or Castrol on there.

The Americans would never outsource their oil supplier to a UK firm, the filler cap says Castrol recommended but the Ford branded oil is certainly not made by Castrol

Fords website also says "complete protection for your Ford Engine" Use Ford Formula.

then another column to keep your engine like new ( bit of a task ) then use Castrol Magnatec.

the basic service stuff they give you will not include this oil.

Personally I'd take Shell over Castrol, has a slightly higher detergency over Castrol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club