Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Could Do With An Armrest... Any Recommendations?

Cookey09

My brothers got and St-3 might try his out, but thanks anyway mate. Essex is abit of a trek for me😉 have you got any pictures from the drivers side of your seat and armrest? Might give me an indication of the length etc...

I'm 5ft10/11 I have my seat pretty much the furthest back...

Thanks matey! Changing my mind a bit now. It does look good. I reckon my seats a bit further back than yours too... Which will help?

Appreciate that mate.

Cookey I am getting the Armster one for Xmas so will let you know how I get on with it once fitted xmas morning!

• Like 1

Cookey I am getting the Armster one for Xmas so will let you know how I get on with it once fitted xmas morning!

Ahh alright mate! Yeah cheers! Would be good that! Hope it's good enough!😏😉

Got the armster fitted yesterday. Very easy to fit and very sturdy.

Yes you lose the rear cup holder but the 2 front ones are easily used even with the arm rest down. I'd go for one again if I had a choice! Btw I got an armster two so I get the extra storage pouch!

• Like 1

Got the armster fitted yesterday. Very easy to fit and very sturdy.

Yes you lose the rear cup holder but the 2 front ones are easily used even with the arm rest down. I'd go for one again if I had a choice! Btw I got an armster two so I get the extra storage pouch!

Ahh nice one mate! Pictures?😉 and what is the comfort of the armrest like?

Do you feel like you have to make effort to rest your arm or is it natural?

Gear changes? Knock your elbow?

Handbrake? Awkward position?

Cheers Cookey.

I took some but too big to upload! I'll take some more in morning.

I've just done 150 miles up north. Nah gears are easy. It doesn't get in my way. You can keep your arm on the rest and change not a problem. The handbrake isn't too bad but depends in where you keep your seat I guess!

• Like 1

I took some but too big to upload! I'll take some more in morning.

I've just done 150 miles up north. Nah gears are easy. It doesn't get in my way. You can keep your arm on the rest and change not a problem. The handbrake isn't too bad but depends in where you keep your seat I guess!

Hahah hate when that happens 😉 cheers matey. And decent stuff, I've got my seat pretty much the furthest back.

I'm like a t-Rex mate... Long legs. "Shorter" arms. 😉

• 2 weeks later...

You got one yet?

I dont know how I coped now before without one! I use it just about all the time!

• Like 1

You got one yet?

I dont know how I coped now before without one! I use it just about all the time!

Not yet buddy, prioritising my spending at the moment mate, with it just being Christmas and all. Haha😂 I reckon when I do p, I'll go for the one you've got, it looks decent enough and don't fancying stripping my car with it been just a year old.

• 3 weeks later...

Decided I want an oem ford armrest. 

I've looked on eBay found a couple but they're damaged a fair bit for the price. 

Especially considering that mikeyd1 paid £75 each for the three of his he's had. 

Yes, I've said I don't fancy stripping my car, but I'm assuming it'll be worth it. Plus the red illuminated upholders would look nice! 

My other option is the armster one like Callum's and maybe add some lighting to the underside of the armrest lid.

Im edging more towards the OEM. It's just finding the right one for the right price haha😂 

I haven't seen what's underneath the centre console and I know that mikeyd1 has said that the plugs are sitting there waiting to be connected, but what exactly is there? I don't want to strip mine out to realise that the new console won't wire up right or the red illuminated cup holders won't work or the rear 12v socket won't work? 

Mikeyd1... 😉 

Or anyone else for that matter?

I MAY have missed something here, and I do apologise if I have.... the full centre consoles which crop up on eBay with the built in armrest, which cars are they from. Is it the titanium models or something? Instead of eBay was thinking that I maybe able to get one at the breakers as I would like the cup holders lighting up (however, same Q as you, are they just plug and play... doubt they are?)

Just wanted to know which centre consoles I was looking for, as my Drive to essex and back from manchester would be easier with somewhere to put my arm! 

On 12/19/2015 at 2:53 PM, mikeyd1 said:

I'll get a pic in a bit

I quoted you on the simple fact that you know everyone of my questions haha! :) 

Your more than welcome to come to me and ill help u fit it

48 minutes ago, mikeyd1 said:

And they are from titanium and zetec s models

Thanks for that!

So the back 12v lighter works, as well as the red cup holders? (would I have to get some 501 LED's for these, or are they actually there just hidden?) Seems like ford have gone out of their way to downgrade the car when they could have just made 1 centre console.

If i got one I could always pop by one day on my drive through, I do Manchester - Kent once a month, so pass through dartford etc and down the M2 so could always jump off! :) 

I read on here somewhere that a few people said the std all in one armrest is a bit short this is why i went for

one off eBay as it comes up longer and also it folds up out of the way.

I did sit in a titanium with one fitted and it did just get your elbow rather than your arm.

Yep 12 v front and rear work and cup holders light up no bulbs to get its like hidden in the console. And ur more than welcome to pop down to me or if u need help tell me what day u get it and ill make sure im online. U will nees trim removal tools about a fiver on eBay. Its well worth it when u change it but u will have to be tough with the black plastic pulling it off i mean but after that it all just unclips and bolts. And very deep storage u will be verry happy with the end result

• Like 1

Being a 2014 model i would go with the OM one just on the looks alone and storage.

Big and dear job if i went for it as i have all gear surround and heater surround to change.

Looking at Mikeyd pictures on here it would only get the back part of your arm as the one i fitted gets the whole arm.

I can put my arm on my rest and still get gear knob which is great and fold it out the way if not needed but still can get handbrake ok if down.

You will never beat Genuine ford for look, even the colour will match but there are good and bad on all stuff.

4 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Being a 2014 model i would go with the OM one just on the looks alone and storage.

Big and dear job if i went for it as i have all gear surround and heater surround to change.

Looking at Mikeyd pictures on here it would only get the back part of your arm as the one i fitted gets the whole arm.

I can put my arm on my rest and still get gear knob which is great and fold it out the way if not needed but still can get handbrake ok if down.

You will never beat Genuine ford for look, even the colour will match but there are good and bad on all stuff.

Which one is it that you have again, the Armster? About £80 aren't they? 

My brother had one in his really old leon where you screwed it into the centre console, but he just said he filled in the wholes on resale with black sealant and sanded it down - dealer/buyer never looked twice at the damage it had left 

4 hours ago, JSMarsden said:

Which one is it that you have again, the Armster? About £80 aren't they? 

My brother had one in his really old leon where you screwed it into the centre console, but he just said he filled in the wholes on resale with black sealant and sanded it down - dealer/buyer never looked twice at the damage it had left 

P.M sent.

Would add a picture just its MASSIVE and aint got a program to get the link from or make smaller picture.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club