Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The TronFez build thread

AlexBartlam

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 5:27 PM, yunii said:

Looks nice, but if i were you i would have hydro dipped. I recently did my radio surround. As i bought Focus rs carbon centre console but radio surround

Is one with digital climate & i dont have climate but manual.

After

97c27277ff565fcf2cf21bf8f8036eaa.jpg

Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

How much did this cost to do Yunii? Thinking of doing the same of my focus ST as well

• 1 month later...

not posted in this for a while but this year is sort of a big one got a few mods within the next couple of months, im giving her some exterior colour, blue to be exact, and shes having a new exhaust, stuck on two options at the moment cobra sport non resonated and the resonated version. but its hard as its an extra £100 for the resonated one but wont upset the neighbors. 

https://www.aetmotorsportshop.co.uk/collections/ford-fiesta-1-0-ecoboost/products/ford-fiesta-1-0-ecoboost-cat-back-exhaust-resonated

https://www.aetmotorsportshop.co.uk/collections/ford-fiesta-1-0-ecoboost/products/cobra-sport-ford-fiesta-1-0-ecoboost-cat-back-exhaust-non-resonated

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlexBartlam said:

not posted in this for a while but this year is sort of a big one got a few mods within the next couple of months, im giving her some exterior colour, blue to be exact, and shes having a new exhaust, stuck on two options at the moment cobra sport non resonated and the resonated version. but its hard as its an extra £100 for the resonated one but wont upset the neighbors. 

https://www.aetmotorsportshop.co.uk/collections/ford-fiesta-1-0-ecoboost/products/ford-fiesta-1-0-ecoboost-cat-back-exhaust-resonated

https://www.aetmotorsportshop.co.uk/collections/ford-fiesta-1-0-ecoboost/products/cobra-sport-ford-fiesta-1-0-ecoboost-cat-back-exhaust-non-resonated

I look forward to seeing what you decide on! I'm considering the Non Res myself at some point. I need to hear one in person really though as its difficult to judge based on videos.

• Like 1

yes iv had both cobra videos of the exhaust open res and non and played them 10 seconds each and the res is quieter but its quite hard to know which is which really from videos, my mind is swaying more non res but only due to my budget hopefully august-september ill have the funds saved for the exhaust, if i keep to my saving budget lol

new update, the blue pin stripe had arrived, 5 10m rolled of it so over the week end i stared the mammoth task i had brought upon myself. after many hours of lifting and reapplying iv got the front end done, there is a couple imperfections that need addressing but nothing serious. iv already had people eyeing up my car either for that looks stupid or people are amazed haha.

now onto the rest of the wheel arches and sides of the car. i also need to buy more as i used 30m on the front as i had to scrap alot.

IMG_3201.JPG

• Like 3

That actually looks really cool from that shot! Look forward to seeing the whole car done.

23 hours ago, AlexBartlam said:

new update, the blue pin stripe had arrived, 5 10m rolled of it so over the week end i stared the mammoth task i had brought upon myself. after many hours of lifting and reapplying iv got the front end done, there is a couple imperfections that need addressing but nothing serious. iv already had people eyeing up my car either for that looks stupid or people are amazed haha.

now onto the rest of the wheel arches and sides of the car. i also need to buy more as i used 30m on the front as i had to scrap alot.

IMG_3201.JPG

I like the look of that and it must have taken ages to do im sure

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Danny|92 said:

That actually looks really cool from that shot! Look forward to seeing the whole car done.

yes i love it couple minor minor problems which can be sorted 

1 minute ago, b4zz said:

I like the look of that and it must have taken ages to do im sure

it took me three hours Friday and then i did about the same Saturday so say about 6-7 hours just for the bonnet and bumper, i knew when i took this job on that as its 100% solo DIY it was going to take me a few weekends to do as i have commitments with the missus lol.

• Like 1

well new purchase a st180 exhaust picking it up Friday £50 full system inc resonator. only done 1500 miles as he went aftermarket, its a 80 mile drive all motoway. get this on in the next few weeks

any tips would be brill

Fiesta st180 exhaust

Well here we go iv acquired the exhaust and im looking and cars on the ramps, the problem is when no ones home and you want to do it your self you come up with some pretty good ways of stopping them sliding. Dont mind my dog he was being nosey 

IMG_3221.JPG

IMG_3222.JPG

IMG_3223.JPG

• Like 1

unfortunately the exhaust is not on the car to save money only the back box is going on the car, as i would have to buy a gasket kit and still wouldn't know if it would fit, so to save hassle i bought a cutting blade for my angle grinder and im putting the back box on, a local garage quoted me £65 for fitting and the manufacturing of a reducer pipe which i bought off eBay for £8 made by a company proving they are the best in the business saying they bend the metal in a special way, anything to get business. This pipe should arrive tomorrow with the postie as they boast a 1 day manufacture and postage timescale.

ill update wednesday if its on or not, lets hope it is on 

here is the advert, they offer a free splitting service so they can be clamped on which is what i opted for. ebay clicky

the eBay clicky has arrived today iv been told by my dad which means its being installed tonight when i get home from work, the old back box off and the new one on, ill update tomorrow with pics and some video of the sound once iv driven it to bed it in a bit.

finally got it one, took two hours for me and my dad to complete, cut my stock back box off and replaced it with the new one. had to cut my bumper a little but looks really good now its done. 

IMG_3237[1].JPG

IMG_3238[1].JPG

IMG_3239[1].JPG

exhaust.png

• Like 1

i was in the local multi story parking to do some shopping when i decided to go up to the top floor unfortunately roof level was closed so i snapped a few pics.

IMG_3250.JPGIMG_3255.JPGIMG_3257.JPGIMG_3257.JPG

the next day (Saturday) i had a spare 4 hours while the missus was at work so i gave her a good bath with full cover of paint restorer and polish topped off with extra gloss protection, the first proper was iv been able to do, now its looking like it should gleaming and looking white, then it rained an hour later so i got to see the beading, i now hoping the dirt will fall off now iv put the paint protection on.

IMG_3264.JPGIMG_3263.JPGIMG_3266.JPGIMG_3265.JPG

IMG_3249.JPG

• Like 4

got a new upgrade im looking to do http://www.vospers.com/parts/genuine-ford-fiesta-mk8-boot-liner-tray.html

boot tray my lady fiend likes to go to the horse yard so our muddy wellies go in the boot it doesn't stay clean, hopefully this will keep the carpets clean.

• Like 1

payday tuesday so its time for a new mod, mod a month haha unless its very cheap. im getting gel overlays white with black font, and a number plate holders and as its only £3 a clay bar off eBay my cousin has had subaru's and modded to hell and tried most detailing brands and said the cheap clay bars from china do the same job as the big boys.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Those pinstripes look amazing where did you get it from

On 24/03/2017 at 11:34 AM, AlexBartlam said:

payday tuesday so its time for a new mod, mod a month haha unless its very cheap. im getting gel overlays white with black font, and a number plate holders and as its only £3 a clay bar off ebay my cousin has had subaru's and modded to hell and tried most detailing brands and said the cheap clay bars from china do the same job as the big boys.

Got any pics of the new gel overlays? Looking to get them myself on a white KA mk2 👍

Also, are you still thinking of doing the rimblades? Could imagine they'd look nice in white or blue to the match the pinstripes (which look awesome btw) They look nice on google images with white blades on white car with black rims 

unfortunately no overlays i may get them end of April funds depending only £28 but still got to see if i can afford them. rim blades will be done in due time (also funds) the pin striping is on hold at the minuet i may get some more done at the weekend whether depending has to be put on dry.#

4 hours ago, zak.d said:

Those pinstripes look amazing where did you get it from

eBay roughly £5 free P&P for 50m didn't turn up so they sent it out again arrived next day then the first lot arrived the day after so had 100M to play with have one roll left out of 10 and still have roof/ whole back end and the side skirts to do. need to buy an extra few rolls, i also did the steering wheel around the silver parts which looks good 

went to a car meet yesterday at cosford RAF base was with a group im with called Defined rides my first meet with them, cuffed with the turn out, another group were there and so were jaguar owners club, got alot of attention and i enjoyed it, got some good ideas of what i can do next.58fdb3894257a_VNYI47261.thumb.jpg.4311f7be61f293d91fc43629026205e3.jpg58fdb417d8955_IMG_35721.thumb.JPG.62a223f29a6b6af346569ca8be04d424.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New update iv done the wrap honestly cant beleive how good this looks, its no where near as good as job as a professional would do but i take pride in my work i also did the wing mirrors with the spare cut offs. ill get some day light pics of the front later on IMG_3653.thumb.JPG.fa4a1c86cb84a74b0c73a558a28cf0cc.JPGIMG_3643.thumb.JPG.9921d24fb8d31177e002578829743616.JPG

iv also got a new addition as my signature says #TronForLife iv had a sticker made by a lovey lady at defined ridez to make me one, looks brilliant and sets the back end off nicely. i also bought some autobrite from defined ridez the metal worx for my exhaust the shine it has now is second to non and i cant wait to show it off at fordfair this year.

IMG_3644.thumb.JPG.905cf02cbe5004e6024cb84be54ad94b.JPG

Looks awesome mate! Not keen on the rear sticker personally but it's a nice touch :)

liking the wrap on the front end mate but im the same with the sticker on the back but its your car at the end of the day and every body is diffrent

• 2 weeks later...

lol thanks, thats the tag for my instagram lol that iv robbed of my mate from work who was taking the mick out of my car hhahaand i thought F*** it ill gat a stcker made only £2 from definded ridez. wrap was a nightmare to do but im pleased with it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club