Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 version 3

jsk

Hi all

Since I started this topic I have been following the comments with interest. The latest posts seem to be that the dealerships are having problems carrying out the update to18025. Are they doing this via wi-fi? I did mine via the website to usb with no problems and GPS working fine. Have used it extensively this week as I am on holiday and her who must be obeyed wants to visit various piles of bricks.

• Like 1

Has anybody notice a difference on parking sensors display and detection distance after sync3 update?

I and few other have a hunch that sensor display has more distance bars and detection distance have increased after updating to version 3.0 build 18025_product 

11 hours ago, jsk said:

Hi all

Since I started this topic I have been following the comments with interest. The latest posts seem to be that the dealerships are having problems carrying out the update to18025. Are they doing this via wi-fi? I did mine via the website to usb with no problems and GPS working fine. Have used it extensively this week as I am on holiday and her who must be obeyed wants to visit various piles of bricks.

The dealership installed 18025 on our car from the previous version that was there with no apparent issues.

The issue is the software still doesn't work. Sat nav still loses GPS and generally dumps you in the middle of a field or somewhere else.

The software is still faulty, the dealership have confirmed that they confirmed this with Ford and currently there are no further upgrades.

Again, according to the dealership, Ford know there is an issue and are currently working on either new software or further updating software to keep GPS lock. There is nothing that can be done at this time and they will contact us when an upgrade is available be that for software or hardware.

This is effecting many Ford users, not sure if the dealer means just Fiestas or other Sync3 using models.

That's weird, I've had no problems with the sat nav gps (touch wood). If it was a software issue you'd think it would apply to everyone with the same software. Dodgy GPS antenna??

My gps also seems so be fine atm (18025) the only issue I have is that bluetooth sometimes loses connection a few times in the first 5 mins of turning the car on, so I have to pull over, and reconnect manually. Not sure whether it's a ford sync issue, or a phone issue as the phone has a system upgrade around the same time as I updated sync.....

2 hours ago, Jonson said:

That's weird, I've had no problems with the sat nav gps (touch wood). If it was a software issue you'd think it would apply to everyone with the same software. Dodgy GPS antenna??

No, everything is fine other than the software. It is just on the newest models across the ranges they have said. I am presuming the X models and Vignale from Fiestas to Kugas? 

It is something to do with Sat nav and Sync3 .

Text messaging didn't work either through voice dictation and receiving texts wouldn't happen until they last had the car in. That is one issue that is now fixed.

Still awaiting Ford to contact us within the 2 to 3 days they state.

The Sat nav issues rarely effect us unless we do airport runs or go a fair distance but they sold us the car with these features on, we bought it in good faith and these features will work sooner rather than later or they will appease us or have the car back if it takes too long to sort.😁

Hi,

I got my Fiesta Vignale yesterday. It had version 2.3 on the Sync3. Wifi update didn't work so I tried the download service at Ford.co.uk, and via my VIN number it found version 2.7

You talked about version 3 didn't you?
Is the a change log and is it a problem downloading from the UK site? - I can't find an update on the danish site.

Since my last post mine has apparently scanned for updates a couple of times but remains on build 17626 so nothing seems to have changed. Everything seems to be working ok at present, apart from the GPS which drops out in upper Wensleydale, but nowhere else I've been so far. I should be back up there later in the week, so interested to see if it does it again!

Ok. Had an email from Ford customer services today regarding the Sync 3 and Sat nav issues I have explained.

They want us to book the car into the dealership and reply to Ford email with the dealership name and day we book it in.

They "think" they have a cure for the issues we have been having with losing GPS lock etc,Ford Technical are going to liaise with the dealership to see if they bottom the fault.

...... more to come.

On 4/20/2018 at 5:06 AM, Mavroz said:

The dealership installed 18025 on our car from the previous version that was there with no apparent issues.

The issue is the software still doesn't work. Sat nav still loses GPS and generally dumps you in the middle of a field or somewhere else.

I had similar GPS issues several weeks ago following the 2.3 update . Since going to v3.0 and F7 maps I haven't experience any GPS issues.

• Like 1

It has been into the dealership around 2 weeks ago and has been allegedly updated to the latest software version there is. Ford seem to know there is an issue and hopefully between Ford Technical and the dealership they can solve the problem. I keep getting told it is not just our car that cannot be fixed at this time.......

On 28.4.2018 at 9:27 AM, avi said:

I had similar GPS issues several weeks ago following the 2.3 update . Since going to v3.0 and F7 maps I haven't experience any GPS issues.

Are F7 maps out finally, where and how you did get those?

50 minutes ago, Boosteri said:

Are F7 maps out finally, where and how you did get those?

Not officially released in the UK as a consumer update but the updates are available for download from Ford servers (links in Focus forum) 

My Sync 3 software is now "version level" with key system and map files starting "JR3T", so v3.0.18025 for apps/nav pack voice and  3.0.18010 (F7) maps.

• Like 1

Instruction link is here. 

https://cdn.fbsbx.com/v/t59.2708-21/29753864_10155167752016455_1576452327064207360_n.docx/Sync3_NavUpdateEUV2.docx?_nc_cat=0&oh=15f1c60fe46febb1da1b164bd74c66b2&oe=5AE84E1D&dl=1

Make sure you complete a master reset after install the maps. You have to be running on sync 3.3.

• Like 1

Too complicated for me, the dealer will be doing mine with Ford's help it seems.

Just now, Mavroz said:

Too complicated for me, the dealer will be doing mine with Ford's help it seems.

Haha good luck with that one! Lol 

• Like 1

Well, if they don't sort it, it is going to start costing them one way or another... :smile:

2 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Well, if they don't sort it, it is going to start costing them one way or another... :smile:

Nice, how’s that lol? 

27 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Sounds like you may have bigger problems than just a software update.    

30 minutes ago, pjcallow said:

Nice, how’s that lol? 

As they have sold me something that doesn't work as it should or described.

If they cannot offer a fix and i cannot use Satnav without having to pull over, stop engine, open door, close door, start engine, repeat when necessary as per their instruction, this is unacceptable and under the consumer credit act, we must have some sort of redress.

They will sort it or they can satisfactorily compensate us until they can effect a fix.

11 minutes ago, avi said:

Sounds like you may have bigger problems than just a software update.    

Yeah maybe, but according to the dealership, we aren't the only ones.

25 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Yeah maybe, but according to the dealership, we aren't the only ones.

Is your car a 2018 model year ?

7 minutes ago, avi said:

Is your car a 2018 model year ?

Yes, the one we are having the Satnav issue with is a 2018 Fiesta St Line X (140), around 7 weeks old now.

21 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Yes, the one we are having the Satnav issue with is a 2018 Fiesta St Line X (140), around 7 weeks old now.

I believe Ford changed to a new supplier of Sync 3 hardware for 2018 model year.

According to info on another forum there is a hardware difference, but I don't know if this is part of your issue.

Not sure to be honest, i am sure they will bottom the issue one way or another.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club