Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Prefacelift Sync 2 8" touchscreen upgrade, How to guide with pics!!!

Luke_Anderson

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

CD slot location varies by model regardless of Sync version.

The new Mk8 Fiesta the CD slot is optional and gets fitted in the glove box.

Ahh maybe that's what I'm thinking of then. I still want a US fascia!

And I've checked my firmware, looks like it's already on 3.10 and a long press of the voice button doesn't do anything. As it's an unofficial ware, I might try the 'update' to see if it will install 3.08...

Hmmm must be something else then as it should be working fine 🤔

What, even on 3.10?

Yeah it did I’m afraid 😕

Nuts. 

Hm. Could you send me a screeny of your APIM as-built as it is now do you think? Maybe I could compare with mine and see if there's a bit different which is the cause...

Of course it could also be in the ccc which would take ages to compare...

To say I’m happy is an understatement! So I spotted a complete sync 3 system from a 2018 c-max from an eBay breaker, he clearly didn’t know what he had but I took a gamble and ran the plate through etis. Full of hope I opened my package today, full sync 3 navigation system with audio unit, apim, fcim, fascias, usb hub and loom for just £162 delivered! Lucky or what!! 

83E0EC19-1827-492E-A126-176DAC26704E.jpeg

1C6FEA82-4558-4CEA-8A7C-1F317C07B4B2.jpeg

89B7DAAA-8551-4CD8-997D-CCF2095FDD0C.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Nuts. 

Hm. Could you send me a screeny of your APIM as-built as it is now do you think? Maybe I could compare with mine and see if there's a bit different which is the cause...

Of course it could also be in the ccc which would take ages to compare...

Does normal voice control work? If so I’d say it’s more a phone setting

11 hours ago, Luke_Anderson said:

To say I’m happy is an understatement! So I spotted a complete sync 3 system from a 2018 c-max from an eBay breaker, he clearly didn’t know what he had but I took a gamble and ran the plate through etis. Full of hope I opened my package today, full sync 3 navigation system with audio unit, apim, fcim, fascias, usb hub and loom for just £162 delivered! Lucky or what!! 

83E0EC19-1827-492E-A126-176DAC26704E.jpeg

1C6FEA82-4558-4CEA-8A7C-1F317C07B4B2.jpeg

89B7DAAA-8551-4CD8-997D-CCF2095FDD0C.jpeg

Well now I'm just annoyed! Any chance of dropping that sellers ID??!

Nice one! So what was involved in getting it working and what is it like compared to sync 2?

11 hours ago, Luke_Anderson said:

Does normal voice control work? If so I’d say it’s more a phone setting

Yeah normal voice control works. I guess I'll just have to have a fiddle about...

32 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Well now I'm just annoyed! Any chance of dropping that sellers ID??!

Nice one! So what was involved in getting it working and what is it like compared to sync 2?

I only plugged it in to make sure it worked but it’s works apart, so much more responsive, I’ll let you know more once I get it installed and programmed at the weekend 👍🏻👍🏻

... and the only sets I can find are £600...

I got really lucky, like reallllly lucky 😂

Searching can be tedious but you have to search everything, 

ford radio

ford stereo

ford headunit

ford breaking

etc etc

as long as it’s sync 3 it’ll fit, doesn’t matter if it’s from a focus, a mondeo or whatever. You only need the apim and screen and the hub

if you search regular you’ll find one at a sensible price 👍🏻

Thanks Luke, I'll keep my eyes open. Woo you got stickied!

• Like 1

Hurrah! All round to mine for a party? 😂

• Like 1

Ok but only so I can steal your shiny new sync 3 system 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll have a lovely sync 2 one you can knick 😂

I already have one of those... 🙂

I’ll keep an eye out for you mate 👍🏻👍🏻

Cheers. I've seen a screen only from a 2017 ranger for £300... 

Also looks like android users are SOL when it comes to long-press access of Google now. Apparently later updates worked for siri eyes free but they didn't think to also make it work with Google.

Thats bit of a bugger, considering I'd just managed to update my sync 1 to enable it...

On 5/26/2018 at 9:10 PM, Luke_Anderson said:

TMC is live traffic updates, so when you use navigation it’ll alert you to traffic jams up ahead etc. ACM module is the audio unit ( the bit with the CD player slot ) on the back there are 2 black connectors, one is larger than the other, you remove the 2 wires from the larger one and insert them into the smaller one. This will then transmit the traffic updates to the screen.

Question!! So I've been finishing off the car today and along my travels I found that my ACM connector already has pins 6 and 19 taken in the smaller connector whilst pins 4 and 5 are missing in the larger connector, so I just wanna make sure its definitely meant to be from large ACM plug to the small ACM plug, not the other way around.

Another question!

the MS CAN connection, now you've listed them as Grey/Orange for pin 16 and Purple/Orange for pin 17... mine dont follow the same colours as you've listed or on the other sites you linked me to... dare I move them? :S

IMG_2588.thumb.JPG.665d5edc164c9604716bfdda9287a0b3.JPG

Being a facelift yours might be a bit more straight forward. I’d say the acm wiring is probably already there and maybe the ms can as well? 

I’m all installed and programmed on sync 3 now! The difference is incredible, if you get the opportunity to get sync 3 over sync 2 then do it! 

Ffs! I just got sync2 lol!

Grats on your conversion though! I'll have to keep my eyes open for a system. I've decided I want the hub too though...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club