Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Forscan chat

Smartd00d

I would say so yes.
The clockspring contains the link circuits for the signals from the switches.
If CC is not required they would fit a cheaper clockspring.
You wouldn't need the stalks, they are removable normally, just the central clockspring part.

Excellent thanks. Any idea how to tell them apart from a picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, postmanpat said:

Excellent thanks. Any idea how to tell them apart from a picture?

Other than extra connection pins no, sorry

8 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

The footwell light connectors in a Fiesta aren't footwell lights (that work with the courtesy lights) they are theatre lights and linked to the illumination on the cup holders. They are supposed to be blue and are fitted to either Titanium or Vignale and STs

Yes this I knew, sorry I didn't be clear enough. They are blue as they are the OEM part that is fitted in the Titanium and so on. The lights work otherwise ok but are a little to bright I would say and for some reason they stay lit for 10-15 minutes maybe after I lock the car. So I was just thinking that is there a coding for the lights if installed that would enable some adjustment ? The delay in the lights when locking the car seems a bit long, and it's just the "footwell lights" not the other interior lights. I think they stay on the same duration that the Sync is usable after turning the ignition of.

Just installed the latest FORScan update. In the programming window all I can see are the old style code boxes and not the individual features that can either be enabled or disabled. What if anything am I doing wrong? All help gratefully received.

Do you think it would be possible to enable the electronic sound enhancement the Fiesta ST has, in a Fiesta ST Line? i mean, the exhaust sound pumped into the cabin. As the 1.0 sound is very similar to the 1.5 sound, i think they would match. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2019 at 1:42 PM, postmanpat said:

hello no turkey cruise, steering wheel Please send me your electronic card photo

On 1/22/2019 at 1:42 PM, postmanpat said:

d1980fe5465cce719e0505c59f2b0721.jpg

I was playing around with forscan yesterday. In the ipc there is a drop down for adaptive headlamps. Anybody know what that does? Couldn’t write the change, got the fault at 12% 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 11:02 AM, Metalzone said:

There's at least, two more attempts to do, use a 1 instead (Russian Ford Focus Forum) and use de Forscan drop down menu. I haven't tried them yet.

I've tested with the 1 instead... Nav distance is still messed up, Stereo/Sourround Option is there. Where can i find the drop down menu?

Should be at Apim module configuration (Main)

• 1 month later...

Any further joy with the cruise control or reverse camera? 

I took the tailgate of my van apart yesterday and found no additional wiring for the camera unfortunately. Does anyone know how the wiring connects behind the headunit?

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2019 at 11:02 AM, Metalzone said:

There's at least, two more attempts to do, use a 1 instead (Russian Ford Focus Forum) and use de Forscan drop down menu. I haven't tried them yet.

Finally got it! Use 1 and additionally set Navigation Repeater Format in dropdown to Motorola.

Has anyone used Forscan to do the 'brake bleed'? Sounds good, just wonder if anyone has any practical experience?

2 hours ago, wild_one said:

Has anyone used Forscan to do the 'brake bleed'?

See:

• Thanks 1

I've finally ordered a cable to attempt to start changing a few options via Forscan.

I have downloaded and activated a license and tried to play around with demo mode. Demo mode gives me a 90's or 2002 version of a vehicle and all looks like hex codes - can anyone point me in the direction where to find the drop downs as opposed to Hex codes? Thanks!

Edit: Ignore me, i've found how to access these. Can anyone tell me if there's a master list available listing the functionality that can be changed?

1 hour ago, DEVSR2 said:

Can anyone tell me if there's a master list available listing the functionality that can be changed?

In my experience, Forscan will only list options when connected to a vehicle, as it only gives you relevant items. There is no master list that I have seen, you have to go to the various main headings like Read PID data, service functions and Tests, then maybe select each module in turn, to see the available options.

Reading data will do no harm. Forscan can do serious damage like writing invalid data to the ECU, but it will only do this if you ask it to, and will warn you before doing anything irreversible, in my experience. Just read the screen, and if you are unsure, press cancel or similar.

@Tdci-Peter many thanks. I'll have a play when the cable arrives.

I'll back up the data before trying and hopefully should be able to change a few things, autolock being one of them.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 12:25 PM, Chancee said:

Do you think it would be possible to enable the electronic sound enhancement the Fiesta ST has, in a Fiesta ST Line? i mean, the exhaust sound pumped into the cabin. As the 1.0 sound is very similar to the 1.5 sound, i think they would match. 

+1 - anyone managed to find a way to do this?

Quick update , i've today made some changes via FORScan.

Auto lock &ST Screen.

I tried mirror dip on reverse , which enabled successfully but the mirrors don't work which is a shame.

Has anyone tried to activate any of the below?

Performance screen on instrument cluster
Remote start
LED Night signature on all of the time - @Martijn89 not sure if you figured this out?

Hey guys,
I changed my stock halogen headlights in my 2018 mk8 Fiesta from “without dedicated DRL to “with dedicated DRL”
Currently the DRL ist emitted by the high beam bulb and switches off totally when low beam (road lights) is activated.
I installed the original ford headlights with the LED-Ring as DRL but they don’t behave the right way. As before the DRL switches off when the low beam is activated... No surprise. When you buy a car which has the LED DRL preinstalled by Ford they get dimmed to position light (on) when the low beam is activated. 
I am search for the right Block and if possible Configuration in the BCM to archive the same “stock” behaviour.

if someone have a Fiesta Mk8 2018 / 19 please screenshot the stock /OEM codes here. Car which has the LED DRL preinstalled by Ford .

TKS

• 2 weeks later...

LED Night signature on all of the time

Which module is this setting in please, and is it a hex code or a simple on/off toggle? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 7/21/2019 at 4:42 PM, DEVSR2 said:

Quick update , i've today made some changes via FORScan.

Auto lock &ST Screen.

I tried mirror dip on reverse , which enabled successfully but the mirrors don't work which is a shame.

Has anyone tried to activate any of the below?

Performance screen on instrument cluster
Remote start
LED Night signature on all of the time - @Martijn89 not sure if you figured this out?

Thanks DEVSR2! Do you see the LED Night signature on all of the time in the menu somewhere? I tried it again today, but still can't manage to get it to work.. Unfortunately!

Nowhere to be seen @Martijn89 unfortunately, it would be a good feature to have.

I contacted Forscan @Chancee re engine noise in to the cabin. They asked me to do a test via the software and send them the results. I then received a test build of Forscan with this option available. I went to enable on the vehicle, but the software said it's already enabled?? So back to Forscan, and they said they don't know if it is enabled on the STline and asked for test info from someone with a ST. 

I can't see it being enabled on the STline and reading some more online, some suggest it's a pipe with a mesh which ends in the cabin dash for the sound enhancement, not via the Speakers. So i've given up on this one.

On 8/6/2019 at 7:51 PM, DEVSR2 said:

Nowhere to be seen @Martijn89 unfortunately, it would be a good feature to have.

I contacted Forscan @Chancee re engine noise in to the cabin. They asked me to do a test via the software and send them the results. I then received a test build of Forscan with this option available. I went to enable on the vehicle, but the software said it's already enabled?? So back to Forscan, and they said they don't know if it is enabled on the STline and asked for test info from someone with a ST. 

I can't see it being enabled on the STline and reading some more online, some suggest it's a pipe with a mesh which ends in the cabin dash for the sound enhancement, not via the speakers. So i've given up on this one.

Yeah, I think you're right. I understood it is a pipe indeed which results in some extra engine noise. However, on the F150 with Sync 3 it is a sound that goes through the Speakers so it should be an option on some cars. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any way to get it to work on the ST-line.

On 8/6/2019 at 7:51 PM, DEVSR2 said:

I can't see it being enabled on the STline and reading some more online, some suggest it's a pipe with a mesh which ends in the cabin dash for the sound enhancement, not via the speakers. So i've given up on this one.

On 8/9/2019 at 10:12 PM, Martijn89 said:

Yeah, I think you're right. I understood it is a pipe indeed which results in some extra engine noise. However, on the F150 with Sync 3 it is a sound that goes through the speakers so it should be an option on some cars. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any way to get it to work on the ST-line.

Thank you for testing it. On Fiesta ST i think the sound is only enhanced in the sport and track mode. In normal mode the sound is not pumped into cabin. Also i've searched through the FordEcat program (which is a software that let you see all parts of the car) and i have not find any pipe or something like this to enhance the sound into the cabin. So i think that it must be electronic sound pumped through the Speakers. Someone with an ST should test the function that Forscan sent to you to see if it works at least disabling the sound.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club