Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What mileage is your 100 ps, 125ps,x, 140ps fiesta st line

__md__

20 hours ago, DJFern94 said:

Yeah! MK8 STline-x 140ps

sorry mate I meant to say did you have the mk 7 lol?

Mk 7.5 St line 140 (2017) now at 8700 miles.

Mk 8 St Line X 140 (2018) now at 4800 miles.

2018 MK8 ST Line X 140, just over 10600 miles over 12 months and last two fill ups seeing 60mpg (according to the car computer, not calculated it manually)....don't ask me how. 🙂

On 5/6/2019 at 3:13 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Another low mileage from me - just under 6,000 in 14 months. 

Only done around another 500 miles since last post on this thread but noticed a definite change (for the better) in the car. No, it's not suddenly turned into an ST, but definitely feeling a bit smoother and stronger. Irrespective of official running in periods, I've found over the years that at a certain mileage - usually 5,000 or so onwards, cars do start to give of their best. This is adding even more confusion to my "one last hot hatch" idea - with the state of the roads, speed limits/cameras these days would I actually enjoy an ST or similar now or just be frustrated? Good job I don't have to make a decision for 18 months or so!😀

10 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Only done around another 500 miles since last post on this thread but noticed a definite change (for the better) in the car. No, it's not suddenly turned into an ST, but definitely feeling a bit smoother and stronger. Irrespective of official running in periods, I've found over the years that at a certain mileage - usually 5,000 or so onwards, cars do start to give of their best. This is adding even more confusion to my "one last hot hatch" idea - with the state of the roads, speed limits/cameras these days would I actually enjoy an ST or similar now or just be frustrated? Good job I don't have to make a decision for 18 months or so!😀

This is exactly my dilemma.....

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mavroz said:

This is exactly my dilemma.....

It doesn't help that an ST-3 is only around £2k more than an ST-L X before discounts and I haven't looked at finance offers lately but I guess the monthly rates would also be tempting.  The issue I have with the ST is that I find the seat and suspension rather unforgiving for the roads I have to drive on, particularly with passengers,  and can't convince myself that the extra performance (that I would have little opportunity to exploit), is worth the trade off, even though the Mk 8 is better in this respect than the Mk 7.5.

• Like 1

Well, have had a phone call from the dealer this morning regarding changing my Mk7.5.

I am at work so the chat was brief and he is going to ring me back possibly later today when a bit more convenient.

After deliberating, I have told him not to waste time pricing an St as previously discussed.

I going for another St Line X. 

He briefly suggested they have a grey model, full spec but unfortunately it is only 125hp, so i declined. Would rather have white (every little mark shows up with black, I should have known from the focus) this time and has to be 140hp.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Well, have had a phone call from the dealer this morning regarding changing my Mk7.5.

I am at work so the chat was brief and he is going to ring me back possibly later today when a bit more convenient.

After deliberating, I have told him not to waste time pricing an St as previously discussed.

I going for another St Line X. 

He briefly suggested they have a grey model, full spec but unfortunately it is only 125hp, so i declined. Would rather have white (every little mark shows up with black, I should have known from the focus) this time and has to be 140hp.

Good choice in my opinion. With a 140PS engine and the extra equipment that the X variation of the ST Line brings, it's a really good everyday car. The ST is great but for an ST-3 with a few options, (prior to discounts) the price is quite high and personally, I think for daily driving, the ST Line X with a 140PS engine is the best balance of costs, performance and equipment across the Fiesta range. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

Good choices, I think. The difference in the 125 and 140 is only £320 at list, so I wonder why they bother. I've had a few white cars and surprisingly found them quite good at not showing dirt. Our last Mk 7 was in white which was then one of the "free" colours and we got that just before the cheeky beggars started charging for it! 

This was my dilemma @Mavroz @Eric Bloodaxethe ST wasnt too far off on list, but start checking boxes and it becomes massively different, not to mention running costs and insurance.

Sure the extra power is worth it in many people's eyes, but most roads I'm on are monitored by AVG speed anyway (not that I speed) so stlx it was and don't regret it one bit.

Friend has the mk8 ST2 which is brilliant to drive but his fuel bill is ridiculous and the seats look good but start to dig in after a while

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club