Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 update to version 3.4

Tezza

4 hours ago, skullyi said:

I return from the abyss to check up on the progress!

How stable are you all finding this?  I think I'm ready to take the plunge now that everything seems more stable.  Would be jumping up to 3.4.20351 from 3.0.20204 so I know there will probably be some work to do, what's everyone's opinions thus far?

It's the best thing I've done since converting to SYNC 3 in a 2012 car! It's miles faster, skipping tracks on BT/USB is also faster and it has an improved dark mode (which I keep enabled 24/7 as it's a nice deep blue), faster nav, latest maps, station art for FM/DAB and Android Auto works very well (though I don't really need that).

Follow the cyanlabs guide, download their tool and enter your current 3.0 version, and after inserting the USB drive it will start upgrading itself. It took around 45 mins in total to complete. After first book of 3.4 perform a factory reset throught the Settings to make it a clean install, and you're done!

Well! I've gone and done it! I noticed all the radio logos have appeared (all except DAB, which is weird?  Unless it was DAB that the APIM alteration was referring to (I'll have to give it another look over, can anyone confirm that's what the APIM alterations affect since I'm in the car currently 😂 ))

I'm amazed how well it's gone all things considered!  I was expecting something to go wrong 😂

On 2/20/2021 at 9:17 AM, Mollymoodoo said:

Do you have a copy of this at all please as they don't seem to have it for download any more.

you don't want 2.4.2 its got other bugs - on the forscan forum some subversive posted a link to 2.4.3 on new zealand share site not sure if its still there... and 2 newer releases of the std version have since come out past 2.4.3 so its really quite OLD

NEVER download random garbage where you can't vouch who the author is  https://mega.nz/file/wN4lXIAQ#IU__winc3 ... jkdRjRa4xw

• Thanks 1

I have just converted my Sync 3.0 to 3.4 with the Cyanlabs process. It was very easy and worked a treat. I got the radio logos and the Android Auto echo to the driver screen, along with the very latest maps. My car is 2018 so I did not have to mess with the APIM. It looks very much better and performs well.

One thing I would say is to go in to Settings > Display and set the mode to either Day or Night, not Auto, else it will be constantly switching between the two when it detects a light change. I prefer the 'Night' mode even in daytime as the blue looks great.

@skullyi what year is your Sync 3 unit from? 2018 models I believe already have a later firmware that supports the radio / DAB and calm screen...  

3 hours ago, JPW said:

@skullyi what year is your Sync 3 unit from? 2018 models I believe already have a later firmware that supports the radio / DAB and calm screen...  

You know what.... I'm not actually sure for this car, the last one I modded into the car was a 2018 Sync 3 but since the car was a 2016 Manufactured and 2017 Registered I'd imagine its a 15/16 version (will confirm later)
Its actually showing the radio logos and the fancy blurred background version no problem, the DAB one is "working" but it just shows the radio antennae logo rather than the actual radio logos.  Are the DAB logo's locally stored or do they come down as and when you use the stations?

I know I'll need to mod the calm screen since pressing the display button on the infotainment cluster just turns it off as per previous behaviour.

Most if not all is working as expected so I'll need to do a bit of a deep dive to find out what is/isn't missing, I needed to use the car so have been unable to continue my work! ☹️

Well, I was going to investigate my APIM info today but I can't access the General settings to view anything!

Anyone else experienced their General Settings being greyed out?  Tapping it doesn't open the menu so it's not a graphical glitch.

Very perplexed 🤔

Screenshot_20210222-125305_Gallery.jpg

21 hours ago, Botus said:

you don't want 2.4.2 its got other bugs - on the forscan forum some subversive posted a link to 2.4.3 on new zealand share site not sure if its still there... and 2 newer releases of the std version have since come out past 2.4.3 so its really quite OLD

NEVER download random garbage where you can't vouch who the author is  https://mega.nz/file/wN4lXIAQ#IU__winc3 ... jkdRjRa4xw

Thank you. I ended up asking the main person on the Forscan forum and he gave me a link to the latest version 2.4.X so i got it direct but thank you for going to the trouble to find a link, it's a pain to get hold of.

4 hours ago, skullyi said:

Well, I was going to investigate my APIM info today but I can't access the General settings to view anything!

Anyone else experienced their General Settings being greyed out?  Tapping it doesn't open the menu so it's not a graphical glitch.

Very perplexed 🤔

Screenshot_20210222-125305_Gallery.jpg

Ignition on?

General settings should be available even if driving. That's weird. Did it work in 3.0? Did you do the Master reset after upgrading to 3.4?

On 2/22/2021 at 5:07 PM, alexp999 said:

Ignition on?

Yup, ignition on

On 2/22/2021 at 5:09 PM, JPW said:

General settings should be available even if driving. That's weird. Did it work in 3.0? Did you do the Master reset after upgrading to 3.4?

I did, but the only option to do it now would be via another reformat since I can access the setting 😂

It was working originally as I was looking through there to confirm it all updated okay.

Its weird right?

This is my sync version . Downloading sync 3.4 from cynalabs onto a usb . Should I install it or not? Bit nervous 😀

20210225_113924.jpg

20210225_113941.jpg

Yes! Just do a master reset afterwards and it should be fine.

• Thanks 1

Just waiting for it to install on my usb . Taking ages

If this goes wrong. Is there any way back to sync 3 0?

There's no way back to 3.0 unless ford can do it themselves because of the repartitioning. You can go back to 3.3 with cyanlabs but I don't think you will want to when you get 3.4 working. 3.4 is so much faster and smoother and the 20282 version has been very stable with most bugs fixed. There is an even newer version on the ford servers now that people have been testing if you want to have a read on the cyanlabs community forum.

• Thanks 1

Boom!! Even radio stations logos after master reset! Not bad for a mk3.5.Thanks to everyone on this thread

20210227_102012.jpg

20210227_102005.jpg

20210227_100747.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 5:09 PM, JPW said:

Upgraded to 3.4 today and my general settings only showed up with engine running. I'll try it with engine off when I'm next out lol

My general setting are greyed out until engine is on

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Okay, updated to 3.4 on my 2018 mk3.5 ST using the Cyanlabs site with no issues.....but.....I don't have the radio logos and I need to remove the climate control.

Can someone take me through doing this really easy. I've followed the whole thread and see some need to update through forscan and some don't. I have a forscan cable coming from Pumaspeed but not sure what I need to do or how to do it??

Happy for someone to PM me details.

Regards,

Colin.

39 minutes ago, M1tch666 said:

I don't have the radio logos and I need to remove the climate control.

Hi Colin, the radio logos are part of a different file. You need to format a USB pen (ExFat) and create a folder called "SyncMyRide" in the folder place the radio logo file and also on USB pen, but NOT inside the folder place the install file.

Put the USB pen the car, switch on and it will install the logos, takes less than 5 minuets.

Logo file = 1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club