Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

15 minutes ago, Daz-UK said:

Ok so update that’s last update was 2.17GB and installed in about 20 mins voice still worked fine That was 4U5T-14G422-BAE

However now been presented with the next update. 

1U5T-14G421-BAG

So I will see how big that file is and leave it running. 
Oh what fun. 

241F086A-ABE3-429C-8C49-B79ED9E50924.jpeg

That’s the first of 9 of the F9 map packages, 2.18 GB 👍🏼

8 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Wohoooooo. Lol

well I’ve started now, so I will just leave it chugging along now. 

Does it install all of them separately. Or will it download one at a time and install, like the first file. Voice one.

Are all the 9 parts of the map about 2.2GB each?

9 minutes ago, Daz-UK said:

Wohoooooo. Lol

well I’ve started now, so I will just leave it chugging along now. 

Does it install all of them separately. Or will it download one at a time and install, like the first file. Voice one.

Are all the 9 parts of the map about 2.2GB each?

I’ve no idea how installation over Wi-Fi goes but the usb install went with several map chunks first then a couple of nav voice chunks then a couple more map chunks and then the final two voice chunks.

The sizes vary, just over 2 GB is the largest.

Here’s the sizes on my download

71B34148-4EBE-4317-AD84-E9D5B6150FFE.jpeg

Question!

if I downloaded sync 3.4 over Wi-fi..

can I use the alexp999 download on USB to update maps?

I did. Just don't send them a logfile and disable WiFi updates in your car then you'll also see the Ford website update sometime in the next century.

• Haha 1

Mine updated to 3.4 OTA How do I get the file to send to Ford tolet tem know I have recived and can then get the maps??...Thanx in advance!

15 minutes ago, dermottiernan@hotmail.com said:

Mine updated to 3.4 OTA How do I get the file to send to Ford tolet tem know I have recived and can then get the maps??...Thanx in advance!

I did OTA update and I would expect Ford to realise it’s downloaded (😳).

there appears to be great confusion at ford as to when/if/ maybe the maps F9 will be released, although members on this forum are aware and have reported the release and download of F9. 

along with others and with the kind intervention of member alexp999 who made the download (from ford) available on this forum.

please check back a few pages for details.

30 minutes ago, dermottiernan@hotmail.com said:

If you put the USB stick back in a PC the log file should be in one of the folders. Its basically just the VIN of the vehicle. You browse for this through the Ford download site and upload it to them.

7 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

If you put the USB stick back in a PC the log file should be in one of the folders. Its basically just the VIN of the vehicle. You browse for this through the Ford download site and upload it to them.

Not if Download OTA via Wi-fi?

14 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

I'm sure that's the file my car has just downloaded and after it installed, I was on F9 maps. It is downloading more now. 

14 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

I’ve no idea how installation over Wi-Fi goes but the usb install went with several map chunks first then a couple of nav voice chunks then a couple more map chunks and then the final two voice chunks.

The sizes vary, just over 2 GB is the largest.

Here’s the sizes on my download

71B34148-4EBE-4317-AD84-E9D5B6150FFE.jpeg

So I’m down loading 

1U5T-14G424-BJ now, which is showing a 2KB to you.
But is taking a while on mine, so I’m not sure if the file is bigger or what.

but will let you know how it goes and what the next one is.

But since I downloaded the 1U5T-14G421-BAG
I’m car is now showing as I have F9 Maps

• Like 1

Help please

Iv'e updated sync3 on my mac twice without any problems, I have just downloaded the F9 map file from Alexp999 and unzipped it using unarchiver. The problem is it contains only two items, one file (autoinstall) and one folder (SyncMyRide, this contains fifteen files), is the right or should there be a file called DONTINDX.

Many thanks

1 minute ago, NortonSS said:

Help please

Iv'e updated sync3 on my mac twice without any problems, I have just downloaded the F9 map file from Alexp999 and unzipped it using unarchiver. The problem is it contains only two items, one file (autoinstall) and one folder (SyncMyRide, this contains fifteen files), is the right or should there be a file called DONTINDX.

Many thanks

As I understand it DONTINDX is not required.

anyone confirm?

23 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

As I understand it DONTINDX is not required.

anyone confirm?

It's not important, especially if the drive is otherwise empty. The update will still work.

15 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

Hi. So it installed 1U5T-14G421-BAG in a few mins.

Downloading now 1U5T-14G421-BCG

FB56D64C-A9F7-4E8B-BE8D-D82D74021911.jpeg

Great glad it’s all going to plan....

taking the plunge doing mine tomorrow 😁

So 1U5T-14G421-BCG completed in about 90 mins ish and a reboot of sync was needed.

the next one that been presented to me is 1U5T-14G421-BEG

I will also do a full write up of order, approx times, and if a reboot is needed of sync to complete.

Also all of the updates are done over a mobile connection with the phone in the glove box connected to a usb power bank.
My mobile connection speeds are about 240Mbps. But the sync server only allows it to go at the speed it wants. 

I will keep you all informed. 

99D58265-40C9-485E-866F-79C76C6386C0.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Daz-UK said:

So 1U5T-14G421-BCG completed in about 90 mins ish and a reboot of sync was needed.

the next one that been presented to me is 1U5T-14G421-BEG

I will also do a full write up of order, approx times, and if a reboot is needed of sync to complete.

Also all of the updates are done over a mobile connection with the phone in the glove box connected to a usb power bank.
My mobile connection speeds are about 240Mbps. But the sync server only allows it to go at the speed it wants. 

I will keep you all informed. 

99D58265-40C9-485E-866F-79C76C6386C0.jpeg

I thought you were using USB to download? 

did the auto download just appear? 

2 hours ago, Daz-UK said:

So I’m down loading 

1U5T-14G424-BJ now, which is showing a 2KB to you.
But is taking a while on mine, so I’m not sure if the file is bigger or what.

but will let you know how it goes and what the next one is.

But since I downloaded the 1U5T-14G421-BAG
I’m car is now showing as I have F9 Maps

BJ is the license file for maps, very small size 👍🏼

After all my maps downloaded and everything up to date, it bothered me that on ETIS it was showing a TCU update for my 3 month old ST. 

I took the plunge, did the update through ETIS (74 minutes with a VCM3) and when the car came up, the sync screen was full of errors about navigation. Crapped myself. After a few ignition cycles and clearing the DTCs it all works again and TCU updated. 
Quite bum twitchy doing module updates. Car was on charger whilst doing the updates....

2 minutes ago, ProximusAl said:

After all my maps downloaded and everything up to date, it bothered me that on ETIS it was showing a TCU update for my 3 month old ST. 

I took the plunge, did the update through ETIS (74 minutes with a VCM3) and when the car came up, the sync screen was full of errors about navigation. Crapped myself. After a few ignition cycles and clearing the DTCs it all works again and TCU updated. 
Quite bum twitchy doing module updates. Car was on charger whilst doing the updates....

TCU will update itself if you have all the fordpass features enabled.

29 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

I thought you were using USB to download? 

did the auto download just appear? 

Hi Andy.  Nope, not been presented any updates on Ford website since doing the main Sync Update.

So I checked the scan for updates and it’s all Down loading one at a time.  So I just keep going now.  Already a way in after 7 hours

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

BJ is the license file for maps, very small size 👍🏼

So this is the comprehensive list so far with doing the maps over WiFi.  
This is the order every update is presented to me over WIFI , timings and if reboot is needed.

You  have to ensure Sync is fully up to date and on latest version before Maps are presented.  
I did the update from 3.4, 19200 to 3.4, 20136 over USB.  Took 20 mins with a decent USB stick.

Then these are what I’ve been presented over WIFI since:

1) 4U5T-14G422-BAE Took 2.5 hours Reboot needed of Sync

2) 1U5T-14G421-BAG Took 2.5 hours Reboot needed of Sync
At this point my maps now say F9

3) 1U5T-14G424-BJ Took 20 Min No reboot and went onto download next update.

4) 1U5T-14G421-BCG Took 90 Mins Reboot needed of Sync

1U5T-14G421-BEG Downloading now

29 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

TCU will update itself if you have all the fordpass features enabled.

Interesting. Ford pass features in the app, or in the car?  I have the ford pass app connected to the car so I can see fuel level etc? But it’s not updated in the month I’ve had it?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club